VIDEO: Musashi's Pokémon Reviews!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Musashi
  • 1 Post By Musashi

Thread: Musashi's Pokémon Reviews!

Blog Entries

Default Musashi's Pokémon Reviews!

So I started a new web series for Bulbagarden called Musashi's Pokémon Reviews. In the first few episodes I'll be playing the newest Mystery Dungeon Game, but future episodes I'll cover merchandise and the anime.

It's my first try at a web series and I'm hoping to do a non Pokémon one too, so I appreciate any comments and suggestions.
    Araragi-hakase likes this.

Follow Gabo 2oo On Twitter
    Follow Gabo 2oo on Tumblr Visit Gabo 2oo's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Musashi's Pokémon Reviews!

I don't know very well about this matter, but for a review, I suggest a little more comments while you're playing like; you liked this to happen, you're hoping this topic to be expanded further in the storyline (humans only in fairy tales comes to mind), you think this was too easy or difficult, this character has or has not a well-defined personality, etc. That aside, I liked your video overall.
    It doesn't matter if you aren't going to reach the goal, as long as you're still happy doing the trajectory.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

This is not a review, it's a let's play. A review is where you criticize a game, talk about it's strong and weak points, what it could have done better, and give it an overall rating in the end. Yes you should show some gameplay footage in a review, but when you straight up play the game and commentate over it that's called a let's play. Not that there's anything wrong with let's plays.
    That's nice.

Blog Entries

When I finish the demo I'm planning to review more what I thought.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

That's cool, but the video that you posted is a let's play.
    That's nice.

Goronda Type Vice-Webmaster Evil Figment's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

Just because the series is titled "Musashi's Pokémon Review" doesn't mean every video in the series has to be an actual review. (Though I can understand why some people might find it confusing that the first video in the series is not what they'd expect a review to be)

Especially if it's part of a larger coverage (in this case, a multi-part play through AND a review of the game).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka and Hurristat
    He's an evil director / He'll give out infractions / Do something wrong / And he takes direct actions
    Then what'll he do?/ He'll permaban you / You find your name slashed / With a message, 'Adieu'
    Sooooo...watch out!
    "It is said that the federal government, if it was in charge of the Sahara, would run out of sand in five years. Private enterprise, being more efficient, would do it in half the time - and they'd make money off the bridges." - me.
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton's last letter. Rest in peace, Jack.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Oh okay, so it's a let's play followed by a review then.
    That's nice.

Goronda Type Vice-Webmaster Evil Figment's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

Yep. Only cut up into multiple videos because it would potentially have gotten very long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka and Hurristat
    He's an evil director / He'll give out infractions / Do something wrong / And he takes direct actions
    Then what'll he do?/ He'll permaban you / You find your name slashed / With a message, 'Adieu'
    Sooooo...watch out!
    "It is said that the federal government, if it was in charge of the Sahara, would run out of sand in five years. Private enterprise, being more efficient, would do it in half the time - and they'd make money off the bridges." - me.
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton's last letter. Rest in peace, Jack.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Okay, now that we've established what it is she is asking suggestions for I will try to offer a suggestion. You need to talk more. People are watching your let's play so they can see what you have to say about the game. Some people even use let's plays as a way to have something on screen when they talk about other subjects, but I know that you will be doing a review of this game so commenting on the game would probably be better. If you can't think of anything to say then try to relate it to other games or give your opinion on what is happening.

My only other suggestion would be to change the title, since the current one is a bit misleading.
    That's nice.

Blog Entries

Sorry for the delay, but episode two is now up! As you can see, I was hoping it would only take a week, not a month. XD

I took people's advice and edited the first video so it would be more clear that it was a Let's Play.

Obviously I still have more to work on like facial expressions and enunciating words better, but hopefully you guys will enjoy this style. Not sure when my next video will be, but I appreciate all the feedback I'm given.
    Karamazov likes this.