MUSIC: Mr Metagross' Sausage Rolls! (NEW CHANNEL - NEW VIDEOS) - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Mr Metagross' Sausage Rolls! (NEW CHANNEL - NEW VIDEOS)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Mr Metagross' Sausage Rolls! (RETURN: Turn It Again Bass Cover)

Awesome job! Your fingers look like spiders. xD I thought it all sounded nice; good improv! It's impressive you can play for such a long period of time without taking any breaks. >>

Can't really much offer advice, but keep up the work! :)

Super Moderator Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

I'm glad you have been working on your music! You sounded great while playing this song, I really love the beat, and I couldn't even tell you improvised. I didn't hear any mistakes, but keep practicing!

Blog Entries

@The Puppetmaster: Practice makes perfect, eh? Actually those strings are quite thick, I dunno if you've ever played a bass (double bass has the same thickness of strings). My right index finger has a blister, and during August my right middle finger had a huge blister. Now I can play super fast!

@Paperhorse: Really? You thought there was no improv? Not even that insane descend at the very end which KILLED my fingers? :/
    Look, I make music! Yay!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Metagross View Post
    @The Puppetmaster: Practice makes perfect, eh? Actually those strings are quite thick, I dunno if you've ever played a bass (double bass has the same thickness of strings). My right index finger has a blister, and during August my right middle finger had a huge blister. Now I can play super fast!
    I've played a bit of bass before, but I've never done so that quickly with my fingers. xD

@Paperhorse: Really? You thought there was no improv? Not even that insane descend at the very end which KILLED my fingers? :/
    I'm pretty sure PH meant that in a good way; as in, she couldn't tell you were making it up as you went (which I personally think is good). If you can produce something that sounds natural when there's already a set method of playing the song, I think that's an accomplishment.

Super Moderator Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by The Puppetmaster View Post

I'm pretty sure PH meant that in a good way; as in, she couldn't tell you were making it up as you went (which I personally think is good). If you can produce something that sounds natural when there's already a set method of playing the song, I think that's an accomplishment.
    Yep! That's exactly what I meant! Your improvising skills are excellent, Metagross. It's a good skill for a performer, absolutely.

Blog Entries

@The Puppetmaster: Hm, you should see what I'm writing with my band. Now I'm slapping super fast :D! And I know Paperhorse didn't mean it as anything other than good, I just don't see how it's possible for someone (even Flea) to have a bass line like the one I played in the video and remember it as fixed notation. I probably misunderstood anyway.

@Paperhorse: Flea never plays the same thing twice, (though less so with RHCP's new album) and since I completely idolise him and his bass playing I've sort of followed suit.

I'm officially putting this thread on hiatus and probably going to close it, but there's only two to three people who will care or even notice but my band will soon upload our own music onto YouTube-- I'll put those videos onto another thread when we're done.
    Look, I make music! Yay!

Blog Entries

WOW! I haven't done this in a while.
    A while back in September I received my Fleabass Street, which none of you have seen (I think). It's been in none of the videos so far on this thread. In December I decorated it with a few fake inlays and gave myself a new channel for the new bass. If you don't believe me and you think I'm stealing all this work, then just look at the places where I filmed some of the videos and compare them to my old channel. I think you'll find they were shot in the same places. The only difference is my new bass.

StackoST's YouTube Channel

There you can find all the videos I filmed since November (I think). There's about six, some recorded better than others, but at this point I have no way of recording my bass and the soundtrack at the same time and putting it on YouTube without iMovie AND without infringing copyright on YouTube. Over the next few month's I'm going to put up some riffs I come up with and maybe some bass-only compositions, maybe even whole songs if I can afford a looper pedal. Watch this space! Please comment on any video you like from my channel... but comment here please, because there's about 20% chance I will notice it on YouTube!

Cheers!
    Look, I make music! Yay!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123