MUSIC: Mr Metagross' Sausage Rolls! (NEW CHANNEL - NEW VIDEOS) - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Mr Metagross' Sausage Rolls! (NEW CHANNEL - NEW VIDEOS)

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Mr Metagross' Sausage Rolls! (Latest: Won't Get Fooled Again bass cover)

You should post some new music right now.
    That's nice.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Mr Metagross' Sausage Rolls! (Latest: Won't Get Fooled Again bass cover)

Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingno. View Post
    You should post some new music right now.
    Dude, you're psychic! XD Jokes. Thanks a lot anyway.

Amber Glow - 4Shared
    This is my own piece, for once. I'm surprised at how little time it took, but that might just be how short it is. It's a bit of a poppy song, but what the hell. Anyone who has heard Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd will understand what I'm going for here. The outline is; a dude/chic is outside, in the middle of late-night rainstorm, trying to call someone. They can't get any reception so they go inside and turn on a CD (i.e. this song).

I used my electric guitar for this again, putting it through two different amps. I used no bass guitar this time. I also used a custom drumbeat, and several other software instruments after I found out you can use a piano from your qwerty keyboard, though you're restricted to one octave. The software instruments were a grand piano, a pop organ and a classical acoustic guitar.

-

Here's a little treat.

This was my old band (my REALLY old band) during last summer. Uhm, please ignore my "KUNG FU NINJA JELLYFISH!!!". I wasn't as mature as I am now. I was a bit unhinged back then...

Oh yeah, Puppetmaster approves of this video.
    Last edited by Mr Metagross; 1st July 2011 at 01:47 AM.
    Look, I make music! Yay!

IMMA PIRATE CHEF, BITCH!! BLAH BLAH BLAH's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Mr Metagross' Sausage Rolls! (Latest: My own stuff)

Yeah! Man, that Won't Get Fooled Again by The Who wuz aweshum!
    I honestly don't know much about guitars and such, but I heard it clearly and I'm listening to it right now as I type this!
    Damn library wouldn't let me see the Halo Remix which is what i wnated to see but Imma take everyone's word for it and know that it rocked!XD
    Keep it up, bro!
    SHUT UP, BITCH!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Mr Metagross' Sausage Rolls! (Latest: My own stuff)

Quote Originally Posted by BLAH BLAH BLAH View Post
    Yeah! Man, that Won't Get Fooled Again by The Who wuz aweshum!
    I honestly don't know much about guitars and such, but I heard it clearly and I'm listening to it right now as I type this!
    Damn library wouldn't let me see the Halo Remix which is what i wnated to see but Imma take everyone's word for it and know that it rocked!XD
    Keep it up, bro!
    Yay, another fan! If you have a computer at home (I'm guessing you do) then I hope you can view it. If you play piano, I think you should take up guitar! It's a lot easier if you can already play piano or keyboard.

Now, another cover.

Damn you, Fleabass! Damn you!

Now, my bass has only two knobs: volume and tone. A Fleabass has one volume and THREE tone knobs. That's why it didn't sound right. Besides that, I think did quite well considering I'm not too well accustomed to slap bass. I improvised quite a lot of it later on since Flea never really plays the same thing twice. I admit there was a sound drop during the chorus, but I wasn't slapping so it was a lot quieter anyway. I, personally, think I did a much better job than Won't Get Fooled Again.

Hopefully this will attract more attention than Amber Glow lol. Enjoy and comment!!
    Look, I make music! Yay!

Super Moderator Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

Default Re: Mr Metagross' Sausage Rolls! (Latest: Can't Stop Bass Cover)

I really enjoyed your videos, especially the one with your band. Your music sounds professional, and all of you are really talented. It sounds like you practiced a lot, and it really shows. I liked your cover of "Can't Stop" as well, although I couldn't hear it that well in the beginning. You did really well considering your bass is different from the fleabass.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paperhorse View Post
    I really enjoyed your videos, especially the one with your band. Your music sounds professional, and all of you are really talented. It sounds like you practiced a lot, and it really shows. I liked your cover of "Can't Stop" as well, although I couldn't hear it that well in the beginning. You did really well considering your bass is different from the fleabass.
    Meh, back then I was a big newbie. It was all the others who showed off but I had barely been playing four months. We only spent a total of three days working on that, and it was Camden (awesome long-haired lead guitarist) who came up with the main riff and some of the lyrics. All I did was follow the chords. But otherwise, a lot of people liked it (though I admit that everyone else who got the chance to record were so much better than us).

You found it hard to hear in the beginning? Hm, must look into that...
    By the way, have you noticed my creepy pinky finger?
    Last edited by Mr Metagross; 3rd July 2011 at 02:04 PM.
    Look, I make music! Yay!

Blog Entries

"Amber Glow" - I'm really enjoying this piece! It gives off a melancholy feel, and this may sound weird, but it sounds like your guitar is singing. Like, I can imagine your guitar as someone's voice (minus, well...um...words xD). My only criticism is that at around 3 minutes in, it sounds a bit too chaotic; chaotic is fine, actually, but I think the piano and guitar parts still need to blend together more. I also think there should have been a bit more crescendo before you transitioned back to the single guitar part; it would have left more of a stunning effect in my opinion. Overall, a great piece, though. :)

"Can't Stop" - Ah, I love this song! You did an excellent job covering it on bass. I don't have much advice to offer here since I don't play, but I just wanted to let you know that you did very well.

Keep it up! :D

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Puppetmaster View Post
    "Amber Glow" - I'm really enjoying this piece! It gives off a melancholy feel, and this may sound weird, but it sounds like your guitar is singing. Like, I can imagine your guitar as someone's voice (minus, well...um...words xD). My only criticism is that at around 3 minutes in, it sounds a bit too chaotic; chaotic is fine, actually, but I think the piano and guitar parts still need to blend together more. I also think there should have been a bit more crescendo before you transitioned back to the single guitar part; it would have left more of a stunning effect in my opinion. Overall, a great piece, though. :)

"Can't Stop" - Ah, I love this song! You did an excellent job covering it on bass. I don't have much advice to offer here since I don't play, but I just wanted to let you know that you did very well.

Keep it up! :D
    I'm reminded of The Beatles' "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" xD. Okay, so during the end it did sound very out of sync because I had to program the instruments using my qwerty keys, with the notes set out on the keyboard like a real piano. This was a very delicate process since the keys had no depth like on a piano, and the Mac took a second to realise I was playing a chord. And there was an odd chord as everything faded on one of the guitars.

Meh, I can play Can't Stop a lot better now. I recorded this barely a day after learning it, and since I have checked up online for the tablature and compared that with my actual learning... so now I've improved significantly. But anyway; no need to re-record. You seem to like it well enough. My band will be playing it soon; I'll see if I can record and upload one of our practices.
    Look, I make music! Yay!

J'ai Envie De Toi AetherX's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Finally got to catch up here.

Amber Glow: Catchy, I especially like the piano. I'm a sucker for piano. It all sounded a little off, though, when it all came together at about 3:00. Don't be afraid to quantize a wee bit. The guitar in the intro and outro was a little quiet, but that's not a big deal. Cool stuff.

Can't Stop: I LOVE slap bass. Not much else to say, good cover.

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AetherX View Post
    Finally got to catch up here.

Amber Glow: Catchy, I especially like the piano. I'm a sucker for piano. It all sounded a little off, though, when it all came together at about 3:00. Don't be afraid to quantize a wee bit. The guitar in the intro and outro was a little quiet, but that's not a big deal. Cool stuff.

Can't Stop: I LOVE slap bass. Not much else to say, good cover.
    I sort of intended the intro guitar to be quiet, but what the hell. Puppetmaster also noticed how it was a little (quote) "chaotic" past the 3:00 mark, but that was the fault of the MacBook Air's weak engine.

You're a sucker for piano? How fitting...

Damn it. Piano is so much harder than bass or guitar.

This is Ray's Blues, one of the hardest pieces I know on any instrument (the only ones that beat it are Memphis Stomp, which I played at the beginning, and Stairway to Heaven on guitar). So I did make a few mistakes, which were made obvious with a stutter or a pause, but I hope it's good enough for y'all to hear and enjoy (though the latter is much less likely).

Thoughts?
    TheMissingno. likes this.
    Look, I make music! Yay!

Super Moderator Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

Default Re: Mr Metagross' Sausage Rolls! (Latest: Ray's Blues Piano Cover)

Piano is a wonderful instrument imo. You did a really nice job with it, considering it is a hard song to play. The melody was really nice. Some advice: try not to pause when you make a mistake, just keep moving on. My orchestra teacher used to tell us that all the time (I played viola in HS). It's easier to hear the mistake if you pause. Other than that, I enjoyed it!

J'ai Envie De Toi AetherX's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Very nice! I wish I could play blues. Like I said, I can't hate on anything that has piano, so no criticisms here. You're pretty good.

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

Blog Entries

@AetherX: Considering I've only been playing for half a year, I'd say I did okay.

@Paperhorse: I sort of have to pause when I make a mistake. Say if I were to hit a note accidentally one tone higher than the proper note. I'd continue to play everything one tone higher until I actually rectify the mistake. It became natural for me, but I am trying hard to stop.
    Look, I make music! Yay!

Blog Entries

Very nice! I love the bluesy sound, and even if you did make mistakes, I thought the cover was overall pretty good. Piano is quite the lovely instrument; keep up the great work! :)

Blog Entries

Right!! I'm back with my bass and we have a hell lot of new tricks. :)

BINGO! First off the crop, is Turn It Again from the Red Hot Chili Peppers's Stadium Arcadium. I improvised the HELL out of this song. So, please tell me what you think! :)
    Look, I make music! Yay!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast