Mr Metagross' (mostly) Original Compositions

Thread: Mr Metagross' (mostly) Original Compositions

Blog Entries

Default Mr Metagross' (mostly) Original Compositions

Hey, hey you. Remember waaaaayy back in, probably March or February, when the Menagerie started and I was uploaded badly recorded and badly played bass covers of various things? Most of you won't. It's safe to say that I got sick of it. Standards are getting higher, and with the prospect of performing with all of my greatest heroes on the same stage looming next year, I've been working really hard.

Ladies and Gentlemen..

Mr Metagross' (mostly) Original Compositions!

A little bit about me:
    - My name is Seth.
    - I play bass guitar for the large majority of my time, I also sing and play piano.
    - I was nominated for a music scholarship at a music school in London this month, but I have yet to know if I won the scholarship though...
    - Currently writing an EP that will lead into an album - the latter hopefully to be released sometime next year...
    - I arrange pieces for a jazz/soul band - because I arrange all of the music, it's all going to be released under my name.
    - I am fourteen years old, and from London, England. *applies monocle*
    - For you gearheads, I use a MusicMan Stingray 4 string made in 2010, favour D'Addario Extra-Super Light Gauge strings and I own a Boss RC-20XL loop pedal, which I love very much.

- Discography -

Now that you know what takes up the vast majority of my life, I'd say we should get started with some music. The FIRST piece I shall be releasing for you luverly people is this:

http://soundcloud.com/seth-tackaberry/weekend-rain

This is a little ditty I wrote in about an hour earlier this month - it will be rerecorded later this year into a proper version but I like this one anyway. All recorded in one take; one bass; just using my looper pedal.

-

http://soundcloud.com/seth-tackaberry/isnt-she-lovely

The first cover to be put up, I did this in a few hours with a couple of takes, and this was the version that seemed the best to use. Still not perfect; more just for you to see what I've been up to and what I'm planning to do! It'll be rerecorded once I begin to work on a final release!

-

Thank you for checking out this thread, thank you again if you listened to my music and thank you so much if you gave the time to help me improve!

Love, peace etc etc, thank you! x
    Last edited by Mr Metagross; 30th September 2012 at 08:20 AM.
    Look, I make music! Yay!

Super Moderator Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

Default Re: Mr Metagross' (mostly) Original Compositions

I remember you!

Welcome back. :D

I liked listening to Weekend Rain, it was quite nice and made me feel relaxed. Keep up the good work! (Good luck winning that scholarship).

Blog Entries

Default Re: Mr Metagross' (mostly) Original Compositions

Quote Originally Posted by Paperhorse View Post
    I remember you!

Welcome back. :D

I liked listening to Weekend Rain, it was quite nice and made me feel relaxed. Keep up the good work! (Good luck winning that scholarship).
    Why thank you! That was the feel I was going for.

Now for a cover..

Isn't She Lovely by Seth Tackaberry on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

I love this song, it felt mandatory to cover it. Once again it's still a work in progress, and I'll finish it off when I sit down to record everything!
    Look, I make music! Yay!