Like Tree4Likes

Thread: J J M's Random Compositions

Surprise! winstein's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: J J M's Random Compositions

Quote Originally Posted by J J M View Post
    Aaaaand here's my entry.

Hope

Yeah, yeah, it doesn't sound very Mexican.

I only had a few days to do something here. :<
    It's a pretty good tune, which in my opinion is better than previously. Doesn't really sound like Mexican, though, even though I don't know what to expect with Mexican tunes. However, I do not know how much bass you put into it, because I didn't quite feel the bass, which is something I like with most music since it gives the music some background. Unless, that tune doesn't go well with a bass that I felt.

It's too bad that you didn't get a decent score at least. I'm sure you will do better next time!

Thanks for reading.
    “A single soul can uphold a standard far above the low threshold by which the world measures itself.”

Latest Review: Dark-type Award Ceremony
    Bonus articles: Mega Evolution Candidates (Part 7) -- Generation 6 Pokémon (07/12/2013)

Blog Entries

So there was a collab project on newgrounds and 16 others and me each had to make a 30 second composition, which got mixed together into one big track.

Here it is!

Honestly compared to all the other clips, my part was really bad. :<
    But one of their contributors said they would like to work with me so yay. :D
    Mintaka likes this.
    New Track: Going Up

Winner of the Most Creative Host, Fair Hosting & Best Mafia Series Awards for the War Room Awards 2012.

Blog Entries
    Follow Mintaka On Twitter
    Follow Mintaka on Tumblr

That collab project is amazing 0.o

Your part was really good, it sort of reminded me of Christmas at the start. XD I especially like the very short part that guitar (or some other string instrument?), it gave a short variation between the chime-like sounds.

FC: 2294-4703-4926 | 제노바
    Friend Safari Info: Flying (Pidgey, Hoothoot, Fletchfinder)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka View Post
    That collab project is amazing 0.o

Your part was really good, it sort of reminded me of Christmas at the start. XD I especially like the very short part that guitar (or some other string instrument?), it gave a short variation between the chime-like sounds.
    That's not an instrument. It's basically just a wave synthesizer. ^^

And thanks!

Winner of the Most Creative Host, Fair Hosting & Best Mafia Series Awards for the War Room Awards 2012.

Super Moderator Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

Oh wow, that's a really cool collaboration project! I really liked how each person's part fit together nicely. I also liked what you contributed as well.

Surprise! winstein's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

The collaboration is brilliant, because it unifies the effort of every composer involved. Some they were quite nice to hear, like the 8-bit-like sound. Yours is subdued like always, but it works great in a collaboration to create a variety.

Thanks for reading.
    “A single soul can uphold a standard far above the low threshold by which the world measures itself.”

Latest Review: Dark-type Award Ceremony
    Bonus articles: Mega Evolution Candidates (Part 7) -- Generation 6 Pokémon (07/12/2013)

Blog Entries

New song.

Paradise

It's for another competition on newgrounds and the theme is "happy summer song". is this even happy?
    Last edited by J J M; 19th June 2012 at 03:27 AM.

Blog Entries

I think happy is a good word to describe it. It made me feel content and I liked listening to it. The sound of water at the beginning added a nice touch.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paperhorse View Post
    I think happy is a good word to describe it. It made me feel content and I liked listening to it. The sound of water at the beginning added a nice touch.
    I wanted the birds to be more prominent than the water, but what can you do.

Blog Entries

Track made for an audition to a competition in Newgrounds.

Ripples
    Last edited by J J M; 28th July 2012 at 06:52 AM.

Now with more cowbell. Axle Helios's Avatar
    Follow Axle Helios On Twitter
    Follow Axle Helios on Tumblr Visit Axle Helios's Youtube Channel

J'aime. J'aime beaucoup. Seriously, I really like your stuff. I especially enjoyed the percussion in Christmas Lights, although that was a collab, so fingers crossed I'm actually complimenting you.
    I got my claims down on Quagsire, Miror B, Roar and Sand Stream.
    Winner of Burned Planet Mafia and Plants vs Zombies Mafia.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Axle Helios View Post
    J'aime. J'aime beaucoup. Seriously, I really like your stuff. I especially enjoyed the percussion in Christmas Lights, although that was a collab, so fingers crossed I'm actually complimenting you.
    Thanks a lot. ^^ @CommanderPigg was the one singing in Christmas Lights, the instrumentals were by me. Though those tracks were made at a time where I didn't know much about music editing, so those has its shortcomings.

Blog Entries

Ripples reminded me of nursery rhymes for some reason. The whole song sounded very child-friendly, I liked it. ^^

Panne Cottontail Kakuna Matata's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kakuna Matata on Tumblr

So there was a collab project on newgrounds and 16 others and me each had to make a 30 second composition, which got mixed together into one big track.

Here it is!

You did a nice job on your part, don't sell yourself short. ^^ I second Minnie's idea of it having Christmas-vibes at the start.

New song.

Paradise

It's for another competition on newgrounds and the theme is "happy summer song". is this even happy?
    I'd say so. It starts off with sounds of nature, bringing to mind a nice quiet spot in the woods by a small stream, then starts to pick up steam while still keeping the water effects in. Like it's digging deeper into the happenings of that quiet spot and we see how alive it is with all of the wildlife before going back to the casual, quick observer view.

Or at least that's what I imagined while listening to it. ^^ My personal favorite of this bunch with "this bunch" showing how long it's taken me to reply hurrdurr. orz

Track made for an audition to a competition in Newgrounds.

Ripples
    It's a fitting title, since the small, ripples of music heard at the beginning lead to more instruments joining in. Bagpipes were an interesting but welcomed addition.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paperhorse View Post
    Ripples reminded me of nursery rhymes for some reason. The whole song sounded very child-friendly, I liked it. ^^
    Even the breakbeat drums loops is child-friendly? :O

Quote Originally Posted by Kakuna Matata View Post

Here it is!

You did a nice job on your part, don't sell yourself short. ^^ I second Minnie's idea of it having Christmas-vibes at the start.
    Why does all my tracks end up having Christmas vibes? :<

New song.

Paradise

I'd say so. It starts off with sounds of nature, bringing to mind a nice quiet spot in the woods by a small stream, then starts to pick up steam while still keeping the water effects in. Like it's digging deeper into the happenings of that quiet spot and we see how alive it is with all of the wildlife before going back to the casual, quick observer view.

Or at least that's what I imagined while listening to it. ^^ My personal favorite of this bunch with "this bunch" showing how long it's taken me to reply hurrdurr. orz
    That's what I was going for, but the electronic arpeggiators near the end ruins the nature-y feel.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast