MUSIC: J J M's Random Compositions - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: J J M's Random Compositions

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: J J M's Random Compositions

Quote Originally Posted by Kakuna Matata View Post
    Sounds like a rising action piece, or one that would play right before a big plan of action was to take place.

I like the voices and bells being used over the synthesizers/electronic bits (gah wouldn't it be wonderful if I actually knew the proper terminology for these? xD) that come up later on. Looking at the description you posted for it, I do feel that reflects death and respawning better, unless what's respawning is linked directly to technology, like a robot or something. That might just be personal taste though.
    It does pretty much deal with the real thing, hence why I used voices and bells in the first place. ^^
    New Track: Going Up

Winner of the Most Creative Host, Fair Hosting & Best Mafia Series Awards for the War Room Awards 2012.

Super Moderator Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

This song was really soothing! I was really stressed out while writing a paper this morning, and I decided to listen to it while writing a paper, and it calmed me down considerably.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sorry for the reply that came too late! Anyway, I only listened those that were on Newgrounds, because that way I don't have to download to listen for them (yeah, I feel lazy doing this, and besides, my computer is running relatively low on space).

Your "Escaping the Shadows" felt minimal, which is something I guess you were going for. It's decent to listen and pleasing to here, although not catchy enough to listen for more than once.

Next up is the "Raining Dreams", which is also alright and pleasing to hear. I like how it is a calm piece, because after hearing more intense music, this one really feels great on the ears. The bells (or echoes) does enhance your music, so I think it's a lovely addition to your music. I appreciate your effort in making the music, because you have some talent that has room for improvement. I too, would love to make some music one day, if I know how to use a music program to try something out.

"Free Your Soul" is the best one of the three that I hear, because it manages to be catchy. Those chimes and the bass parts does give me the DOS music feeling, but the beat and tune does make it very good to listen.

I didn't listen to the vocal piece, because I don't always dare to listen to other people singing, as I am afraid it might affect my viewpoint on the person. Overall, pretty great showing you have there.

Thanks for reading.
    “Hear no evil, and see no evil, abase not thyself, neither sigh and weep. Speak no evil, that thou mayest not hear it spoken unto thee, and magnify not the faults of others that thine own faults may not appear great; and wish not the abasement of anyone, that thine own abasement be not exposed.”

Latest Review: Dark-type Award Ceremony
    Bonus articles: Mega Evolution Candidates (Part 7) -- Generation 6 Pokémon (07/12/2013)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

New song.

Happiness

This is the second song that I made for my friend. It's way too goofy though, I don't know if it will be too awkward for his game. :<

Winner of the Most Creative Host, Fair Hosting & Best Mafia Series Awards for the War Room Awards 2012.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

JJM, your music always puts me in a better mood. I don't think it sounds goofy, it's fun!
    Last edited by Paperhorse; 11th March 2012 at 07:59 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paperhorse View Post
    JJM, your music always puts me in a better mood. I don't think it sounds goofy, it's fun!
    I need to learn how to make more emo music. xD

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Free Your Soul
    I like the dark sound consistent throughout almost the entire piece because it fits with that death and re-spawning theme you're talking about. Even when layered with the more upbeat line, you can tell there's still a frightfulness about it.

Happiness
    Awww I like the goofy sound! It reminds me of Legend of Zelda at first. You depicted "happiness" well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Aaaaand here's my entry.

Hope

Yeah, yeah, it doesn't sound very Mexican.

I only had a few days to do something here. :<

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yeah, not really Mexican sounding, but still very pretty! I feel like a Mexican tune would be faster paced and crazy. This is mellow and calming, which isn't really Mexican, but I still like it.

The Ballsy Leader Kakuna Matata's Avatar Forum Head
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Kakuna Matata on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by J J M View Post
    New song.

Happiness

This is the second song that I made for my friend. It's way too goofy though, I don't know if it will be too awkward for his game. :<
    Goofy equates to happiness rather well, in my book. xD Like TPM mentioned, I get a LoZ vibes from it. Love the synthesizer that gives off the vocal effect.

Quote Originally Posted by J J M View Post
    Aaaaand here's my entry.

Hope

Yeah, yeah, it doesn't sound very Mexican.

I only had a few days to do something here. :<
    Not what comes to mind for a Mexican number (fast, "spicy" if you will, with guitars and trumpets), but not bad. This one gives me a There She Is! vibe. xD

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

So the final results of the contest came out. I came 12th out of 12 entries shut up But considering I made my entry in 3 days, it wasn't a totally bad performance since I did marginally well in the different jury categories. It was mainly the lack of votes that was the problem, but that's understandable since almost all of the other entries did better than mine in representing their respective countries. :<

Oh well. For being my first music contest, it was a fun experience. ^^

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Awww :<

That's okay though, you can't win them all!

I'm glad you had fun in your contest, and it was a good learning experience for you as well. Even if your piece didn't sound very Mexican, I still enjoyed listening to it. Better luck next time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

New song!

The Storm Within

Heartbeats.

The Ballsy Leader Kakuna Matata's Avatar Forum Head
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Kakuna Matata on Tumblr

And "vocals", can't forget those.

It reflects inner conflict quite well. Calm one minute, than swelling and full of waves the next.

The clapping seemed like something it could have done without, but that's just me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The beginning definitely sounds like heartbeats, it made me a bit nervous because it sounded like something bad was going to happen. xD

The vocals were a nice touch.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast