MUSIC: J J M's Random Compositions - Page 2

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: J J M's Random Compositions

Blog Entries

Default Re: J J M's Random Compositions

Fall and Rise
    Awesome intro! Love whatever you used in the beginning. The track has a great beat; the instruments seem to be blending well together. There's just one instrument whose beat seems just a bit off from 1:17 - 1:31 - the one that goes bum bum bum bum bum. The italicized "bum" sounds a bit off; a little bit late. Maybe if you could have made it occur a little quicker so it fit with the other instruments it would sound better. It's also off around 2:29 - 2:43; like I said before, if you had just made that fourth "bum" occur a little earlier in the rhythm sequence, I think it would've sounded nicer.

Keep it up! :)

Blog Entries

@The Puppetmaster I suppose it would've fit better if that note came in a little before. I just arranged the notes in order (one note starting where the other stops ^^).

And here's my new song. Thanks to @Kakuna Matata for suggesting a pretty image to go with it which is how I came up with the title. ^^

Raining Dreams - 4shared

I've only used multiple bass guitars for this and no other instruments. It's my shortest one too. ._.
    New Track: Going Up

Winner of the Most Creative Host, Fair Hosting & Best Mafia Series Awards for the War Room Awards 2012.

Blog Entries

This is really beautiful. Honestly, I think this is my favorite of yours so far; it's so relaxing and smooth. I could listen to it for hours and feel absolutely carefree~

Would have been nice if it was longer, but no complaints on the content itself. :)

Oh, and what image inspired the title?

Blog Entries

Thanks. ^^

It's better she says it herself. :)

Winner of the Most Creative Host, Fair Hosting & Best Mafia Series Awards for the War Room Awards 2012.

Panne Cottontail Kakuna Matata's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kakuna Matata on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by The Puppetmaster View Post
    This is really beautiful. Honestly, I think this is my favorite of yours so far; it's so relaxing and smooth. I could listen to it for hours and feel absolutely carefree~

Would have been nice if it was longer, but no complaints on the content itself. :)

Oh, and what image inspired the title?
    I imagined someone sitting on a windowsill, looking out at the world (in this case a busy street) as rain splashes and trickles down said window.

Super Moderator Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by J J M View Post
    Raining Dreams - 4shared

I've only used multiple bass guitars for this and no other instruments. It's my shortest one too. ._.
    I really enjoyed listening to this! It is really sweet, and soft, and I love the repetition in it. I definitely feel like someone is waiting for something when I listen to it. The pace isn't slow, or fast. It's in the middle, which is what I love about it. It makes me feel relaxed.

Blog Entries

Thanks, @Paperhorse. Glad everyone likes it. ^^

Blog Entries

New song.

Christmas Lights

And yes, it's Christmas-themed. ^^

Big thanks to @CommanderPigg for singing the vocal portion. It really gave some much needed life to the song.

Super Moderator Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

Really nice! Piggy did a beautiful job with vocals, as expected of her. I like how the piece started off, it made me think of Christmas bells. And the title is really cute too. You always come up with interesting titles. It definitely put me in the mood to do some Christmas activities, like decorating the tree!

Blog Entries

Awww this is cute, and I'm really glad y'all did this! I'm really sorry again for not having the time to help out, but y'all didn't need my assistance, anyways. :)

This is my favorite piece of yours, @J J M! And @CommanderPigg, you was fabulous as usual.

Blog Entries

I'm imagining this as montage music on Christmas Eve, showing two lovers enjoying the holiday together, not worrying about the holiday hustle and bustle, content with being with the one they love on as they go about the town doing various things. One of those things is witnessing the town come slowly come to life as the Christmas lights all over town begin to glow.
    Beautiful combination, I wasn't expecting the clapping to be added in there. The only minor complaint I have is that the noise at the end seemed off to me.

Good job to the both of you. ^^

Blog Entries

Follow CommanderPigg on Tumblr Visit CommanderPigg's Youtube Channel

I liked it. I thought that your editing was superb (I could hardly tell that that was my voice, lol). The noise at the end does kinda get in the way...Did I record too loudly? @_@ Either way, the composition was nice and interesting to work with, keep it up! Reminded me of snowflakes dropping on a crisp winter night...you know, if I ever experienced that, lol *points to location*

"seasons change, people change"

Blog Entries

Which noise? The one at the start of the very last part?

Blog Entries

New composition!

Free Your Soul
    - Newgrounds

This track was actually made for my friend for the game he's making as a project. There's one more that I made for it but it needs editing and stuff. ^^

I've also updated the first post of the thread with all of the songs I've made so far.

Blog Entries

Sounds like a rising action piece, or one that would play right before a big plan of action was to take place.

I like the voices and bells being used over the synthesizers/electronic bits (gah wouldn't it be wonderful if I actually knew the proper terminology for these? xD) that come up later on. Looking at the description you posted for it, I do feel that reflects death and respawning better, unless what's respawning is linked directly to technology, like a robot or something. That might just be personal taste though.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast