The staff at The Media Menagerie would like to present the third installment of Bulbagarden Idol! A sequel to the first and second competitions held here.
Logo designed by Blazaking EX.
Bulbagarden Idol is based off the popular TV game show, "American Idol". In this competition, the participants will be like the contestants on the show who sing each week, and the voters will be like the viewers (a.k.a. America) who will choose a winner by the end of the competition. In this competition, however, no one will be eliminated; instead, a winner will be chosen each week, and at the end of the competition, a participant will be chosen as the overall winner.
Each week there will be a theme, and the participants will perform a song pertaining to that theme. The theme will change each week, ranging from specific music genres to hits from various decades. There will be five rounds in total, each lasting one week.
In a private QuickTopic, the voters will also critique the participant’s entries each week. At the end of the competition, the voters will congregate and either choose a winner through a mutual decision or by majority rule if necessary.
Participant Rules & Guidelines
1. You should actively participate. Entries are recommended to be submitted each week but not compulsory. However, going past that can lead to disqualification. If a real life issue comes up, please inform one of the Moderators, and we will allow a pass if necessary.
2. The moderators will be choosing the theme each week. We will select a wide range of music genres that will hopefully provide a song choice for everyone’s tastes. Post the name of the song you plan to sing in thread to claim it.
3. Once a song has been claimed, nobody else may perform it. Selections are based on a first come, first serve basis.
4. Some programs you may use to record yourself are Audacity and GarageBand, which produce music files. There is other software in existence, however; these are merely suggestions. Filming yourself singing on camera is fine, too, as long as you’re heard.
5. When playing back your submission, make sure you can hear your voice distinctly; we want to hear you, not the accompaniment. Also, you must either use a karaoke version of the song you’re singing, or the original singer’s voice must be removed from the track. If you are not capable of doing this, inform one of the mods of what song you’re performing, and we will do our best to remove the original singer’s voice from it.
6. You may not mix your submission; this means no adding effects or using voice enhancing software. We want to hear your voice raw; we’re judging you on your singing skills, not your editing skills. However, adding harmonies is fine so long as they're not edited.
7. You may submit your entries to YouTube, MediaFire, Vocaroo, 4Shared, or any website where we can listen to it.
8. Please do not post rude comments. Critiquing others is fine, but don’t comment just to bash another user.
NOTE: Moderators partaking in this competition as participants will not be included in the choosing of themes.
Voting Rules & Guidelines
1. You must actively participate. Try to comment on the participants’ works weekly. If a real life issue comes up, please inform one of the moderators.
2. Additionally, you are strongly encouraged to discuss the participants’ performances in thread. If you critique a participant’s submission, say a bit more than just “I like/dislike this.” Let others know why.
3. You will use a QuickTopic to place your votes for the participants’ submissions each week. Please post your votes using this format - Vote: [USER]. This QT will be kept private, even past the competition.
• You will be sent the QuickTopic in a PM when the competition begins. Do not share it with anyone.
4. At the end of the competition, you and the other voters will decide who you all think should be the winner based on their song entries for each theme. If you and the other voters cannot select a winner by mutual agreement, a vote will be held, and whichever participant receives the most votes will win.
NOTE: Moderators partaking in this competition as participants will not see the QuickTopic.
Those who wish to partake in this competition as participants and voters may sign up in the thread. Please make sure you will actively participate if you choose to sign up; inactivity is the biggest enemy in a competition like this. If you would like to drop out of the competition at any point, please inform a moderator.
1) @Form11ess 5hot;
2) @The Puppetmaster;
3) @Gym Leader Brock;
12) @Gym Leader Byron;
8) @Gym Leader Burgh;
17) @Mr. Fahrenheit;
20) @Gymleader Misty;
Hosted by @Paperhorse;
Have fun everyone!