Bulbagarden Idol 2.0 (Round 1) - WINNER ANNOUNCED! - Page 9

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Bulbagarden Idol 2.0 (Round 1) - WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Registered User Giovanni Sakaki's Avatar

Default Re: Bulbagarden Idol 2.0 (Round 1)

For the most part a very strong technical performance. Pretty much pretty-perfect, but a little nasal. Try not to push the vibrato. If it doesn't come out the way you want it to,it won't do to force your way through it, or else you could damage your vocal cords. Just let your voice ring as opposed to making it ring because that puts strain on it. Really in character though, nicely job.
    Thanks very much for the critique! Performing as someone else is what I enjoy most about singing. ^^ And yes, I really need to work on singing from my chest.
    It suddenly occurred to Domino that Team Rocket was a massive game of Telephone, using actual telephones, with real-life results that could be really damn scary (for other people, of course).
    Domino sprite in my avatar made by http://jaydeis.deviantart.com/

Blog Entries

Follow Yoshi-san on Tumblr

I edited my post! Now ppl should be able to hear it!

Blog Entries

Follow Aestivate on Tumblr Visit Aestivate's Youtube Channel

@Yoshi-san (I followed you on tumblr xD)

Is it a much of a surprise of my familiarity with this song? xDDD Takeru is one of my favorite characters ever, and this song rank within some of my top favorites from the whole of the Digimon franchise. I hear Yamamoto Taisuke in the background, though - you're supposed to remove the original singer's voice as much as possible.

This is one of your better covers, since it is most suited to your range and your pronunciation is much more accurate. Japanese isn't your native language, but I'm going to mention it anyway - this is a love song. From a guy talking to his childhood crush; he wants to be her lover; he wants to stand in her light (yeah, really subtle lyric writers), he wants to protect her, he wants to become her strength... he is absolutely and positively smitten in EVERY possible way. The yearning can be heard in the original, but it must be felt by the singer.

Music evokes emotions. Pathos, yes, but empathy for the singer. Taking on a cover doesn't just entail singing the song proficiently, but truly taking on the character of the song - being able to embody it perfectly also means interpreting the song emotionally. Even if you don't feel the way the singer does, the song only succeeds if it is in the proper character.

Game Completionist LightArrows.exe's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit LightArrows.exe's Youtube Channel

Judging @Aestivate
    Music: God Knows

Great song. Also you sang great! Great song, great voice. It's just... Freaking Beautiful! Also, a long song. Very emotional sound, like happy and the other emotions! You could really hear it! One of the best songs I heard before! Alot of music, but also alot of text. A good combination of these two, and the song is great. Something you showed by choosing this song!

9/10!

Judging @CommanderPigg
    Music: Animal

Great start, perfect music. Good voice, great text. And the song is great! I really like this song. I really enjoyed this! Another great song I heard this day. Really, finally a few people that can sing! Three already! (all of you! Ssjup, Commander and Aestivate! All great!). Still sounds weird: "Oh, oh! I want some more!". Let's me think of weird things... O_o But still, a great choice! Hope that the you will choose another great song next week!

8/10!

EDIT:
    Judging @Yoshi-san
    Music: Unknown

Great song. I sometimes hear that your muttering. Don't worry, I have that too! Great music, but I can't hear it very well! Maybe make them stronger! Another one with a good voice... Wow, sure are alot! I liked this song, it's Japanese, isn't it? I... Love... Japanese songs! Just like my favorite Songs. Really great!

7/10!

ANOTHER EDIT:
    Judging @Domino White
    Music: Something from Q. Avenue

Unique choice! You also sing great. And a other choice than the most users will choose! Also, fun with the Venipede as background. This is something I will remember, as the first song from BMGf that is unique! Also, fun with those dark, song... O_o Sounds very mysterious.

8/10!

I now have some free time! So I will keep judging! Also, please put in our names with a @. Than we're informed of a new song! :D Like @ derier44, or @ Shadow the Hedgehog. But it must be like this: @Shadow the Hedgehog. :D Thanks for the great songs!

REMINDER! You've still got three days to post your song!
    Last edited by LightArrows.exe; 12th July 2011 at 07:17 AM.

Blog Entries

@Domino White
    Vonderful darling! il était mon favori preformance! You vill go far in this compition, non? Your song choice sutied your voice, non? I aimés it! Oh la la!
    give you a.....
    11 out of ten 10

The French judge has spoken, non?
    "She prefers the company of poison apples he prefers the company of nothing at all"
    Without a Face

Poison Apples by Mewstone

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f227/poison-apples-124893/#post3712913

Trophies
    Blog Entries
    Follow Derier44 On Twitter
    Visit Derier44's Youtube Channel

@Domino White
    Very strong voice and great performance. Barley a pitch problem and a good range as well. To agree with Aestivate let your voice ring as opposed to forcing it and forcing it to ring. Otherwise your voice sounded like a great fit for the song and dont worry, I dont compare you to Lucy T. Slut =P. My favorite part was probably the ending when you said "You've got it hard for meeeeeeeeeee" then whet on to repeat "You've got it" in multiple pitches". Next week just let it flow in both aspects of letting it ring and singing from the chest. And the Vennipede was cool too.

Your score is.....
    8/10

@Yoshi-san
    I really liked it, I think you have a great voice and I also liked the song choice. Felt a lot of emotion in it and your voice was defiantly a good fit for the song. Two things that stuck out to me were that at points you seemed to mutter a bit, but that happens to everyone and you just move on. Another thing is it seemed a little pitchy but you do have a good range as from what I could tell from the song. Overall good job!

Your score is.....
    7.5/10

Winner of: Inazuma Eleven Mafia, FALCONWING 3 MAFIA, War Room Mafia 2,
    The Simpsons Mafia, Bloodshed in Blackthorn, Insane Mafia

Black FC: 4427-8152-0447

Registered User Giovanni Sakaki's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mewstone View Post
    @Domino White
    Vonderful darling! il était mon favori preformance! You vill go far in this compition, non? Your song choice sutied your voice, non? I aimés it! Oh la la!
    Merci beau coup, mademoiselle, I'm so glad you liked it!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow the Hedgehog
    Unique choice! You also sing great. And a other choice than the most users will choose! Also, fun with the Venipede as background. This is something I will remember, as the first song from BMGf that is unique! Also, fun with those dark, song... O_o Sounds very mysterious.
    Thanks for the review! The Venipede likes you too, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Derier44 View Post
    @Domino White
    Next week just let it flow in both aspects of letting it ring and singing from the chest.
    Thank you very much for the advice, I will try to follow it!
    Last edited by Giovanni Sakaki; 13th July 2011 at 04:05 AM.
    It suddenly occurred to Domino that Team Rocket was a massive game of Telephone, using actual telephones, with real-life results that could be really damn scary (for other people, of course).
    Domino sprite in my avatar made by http://jaydeis.deviantart.com/

Blog Entries

I decided to switch my entry to "Better Love" by Eisley.

Eisley - Better Love Cover

Hopefully y'all will like. ^^

Blog Entries

SSJ_Jup81--Eien no Kagayaki
    Something says to me your voice would sound lovely with a slow and whispery love song XD—I am aware you were in a hotel at the time. I think you did very well considering you had to sing quietly (I know I tend to scream when I’m singing to make sure it’s picked up XD). Mmm, I liked the chorus best—that sounded fantastic!

7/10

Aestivate—God Knows Unmixed
    Goodness your voice is lovely! I love the confidence you have while singing, very pretty. You also kept pitch pretty well, and rhythm. It was very good. There were some points were you faltered a little, I’m assuming you may have been losing your breath—the song was pretty fast, and I applaud you for keeping up.

9.5/10

Commanderpigg—Animal
    OMGOSH! I’ve never heard Animal done by a girl before, and that was excellent. Your voice is so cute—and you have a fantastic range. I love that you took time to put the harmony and melody in together—I love to see that you can harmonize (very important to be able to sing more than a melody!)

10/10

Winged Psychic—Turning Tables

Oh gosh that voice 8D super hawt. You use that low voice and you use it for all it’s worth—it sounds fantastic. There were some points where you sounded like you might be straining a little, but you stuck it out and got those notes. Awesome job, man!

9/10

Badal—I’m Yours
    Wow that was good *dances* I love this song. I think one thing you could work on is lifting your pallet a little more so the sound is less pinched. Very good!

7/10

Domino White—Special
    Very creative pick—I was pretty interested in it, because it wasn’t so much of singing as lyrical speaking, but on the words that were sung it was lovely. You have a very nice and sultry voice—haha, that can be used to your advantage! Super sexy!

7/10

Yoshi-San—Focus
    Your clarity needs a little work, but you did good staying on track (it can be hard to sing in another language). I also suggest a little more pronunciation with the vowels and more diction. Say it with me: Diction is done with the tip of the tongue and the teeth ;)

5/10

The PuppetMaster—Better Love
    I’ve told you this before—I like it best when you have a duet going on, I think having a harmony super compliments your voice. I can’t help but feel that Eisley songs hold you back a little (since I’ve heard you sing some before) because they are just a bit slow and simple, but you do excellent on the higher parts of the song.

7.5/10
    My Art | My dA | My ColorsLive
    Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi-kun
    A good friend will not take advantage of a situation, but will comfort you through it.

Trophies
    Blog Entries
    Follow Derier44 On Twitter
    Visit Derier44's Youtube Channel

@The Puppetmaster
    First off, I enjoyed it, and it was really good. Something I noticed was that your pitches weren't getting to where they were supposed to be, so at points it almost sounded monotone where it should have steadily risen to a big high note. I noticed this especially in the chorus when you overlapped your voice and you could detect pitch changes but nothing so significant that I was cheering in my head. Though, when you didnt overlap your voice you still didnt go very far with pitch (don't worry, I know you did have some big moments, but comparing it to the original it went a lot more places in pitch then you tended too) but it still sounded great and was dripping with the heavy emotion that it was intended to have. I think your voice is great and for next week just work on really exercising pitch so that it's interesting but not too much where it's pitchy. Overall great job!

Your score is.......
    7.5/10(Not copying Hallow!)

Winner of: Inazuma Eleven Mafia, FALCONWING 3 MAFIA, War Room Mafia 2,
    The Simpsons Mafia, Bloodshed in Blackthorn, Insane Mafia

Black FC: 4427-8152-0447

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

I'm switching my entry at the last minute due to my karaoke version of the song I was going to sing being crap. I'll be singing Still Alive, the ending theme to the first Portal game. Sorry I'm quiet - it's about midnight and I don't want to wake anyone. You're going to have to turn your volume up really high, though. Sorry. That's also why I look a little scruffy.

link
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

Game Completionist LightArrows.exe's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit LightArrows.exe's Youtube Channel

Judging @Feliciano
    Music: Still alive

Too bad you couldn't sing it hard. Still, with all my volumes at his highest, I could still hear it good. You seem to know the lyrics, adn you sang it pretty good. Also great music! You do seem to sing softer towards the end. Also, you can't really hear the emotional sides. But still, it is a good song. I don't know what/who portal is, but great you sang this song!

Your score is...
    7/10!

Judging @The Puppetmaster
    Music: Better Love Cover

Sounds great! First time I heard this music. The voice is good, especially with this song. But sometimes, the words doesn't seem to fit with the tune that is played at that moment. That didn't happen a lot, hopefully. I also saw that you sometimes sing louder, adn then softer. I could just... feel the emotion! Can't wait till the next song!

8/10!

Judging: @Badal
    Music: Don't know right now

Sorry, I forgot to judge your song! Ok, it sounds... Awesome! Still, sometimes it seems your muttering. Great, that you change form louder to softer, at just the right times. Still, sometimes I can hear that you missed a few parts. It sounds emotional, and overal... One big song listed in this post!

9/10!
    Last edited by LightArrows.exe; 14th July 2011 at 10:17 AM.

Blog Entries

@CommanderPigg: I finally got a look at your song. Damn it, who is Animal by again? Unfortunately when I heard the title, Guns N' Roses/The Killers sprung to mind, so I felt a little underwhelmed (it was probably just my state of mind at the time I heard it... I was listening to more Punk Rock on YT, sorry ='( ). Admittedly your voice is beautiful (better than mine, at the very, very least), but I felt like your voice was a little too quiet, and should have been turned up a notch. As I said, it was probably my mood after some Finger Eleven. But then again, sometimes I can be a total jerk. I guess I can only say this because I'm jealous. =/ My voice is breaking so it's sort of natural.

I'll try and say something positive. Uhm, everything was perfect, 100%, magnifico, feichang hao etc. except everything I mentioned above.
    Look, I make music! Yay!

Blog Entries

Feliciano--Still Alive
    Well, it required turning up every sound I could--you're very quiet, is it your mic?--but finally I was able to hear you.
    I do know that when you sing quietly, your voice can drop a little lower and I think that may have happened--because, listening to the song, I noticed you seemed to have dropped to a different key signature. However, you stayed on that one which is good (because it's crazy when people go through six different key signatures D8) and you sang really well.
    I think because the song originally has a robotic feel to it, that it's a little harder to put emotion into a song like this--but you did very well with it. I hope you'll sing a little louder for us next time =), cute song.

7.5/10
    My Art | My dA | My ColorsLive
    Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi-kun
    A good friend will not take advantage of a situation, but will comfort you through it.

Blog Entries

Thanks for all the critiquing, y'all. It's truly appreciated. :)

~~~

Here is Hellion's entry - ‪The Killers - Human Cover‬‏ - YouTube

He switched to "Human" by The Killers. 'Tis lovely.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)