Bulbagarden Idol 2.0 (Round 1) - WINNER ANNOUNCED! - Page 8

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Bulbagarden Idol 2.0 (Round 1) - WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Trophies
    Blog Entries
    Follow Derier44 On Twitter
    Visit Derier44's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Bulbagarden Idol 2.0

Just for kicks, I declare myself the Steven Tyler of the Idol Judges!

Winner of: Inazuma Eleven Mafia, FALCONWING 3 MAFIA, War Room Mafia 2,
    The Simpsons Mafia, Bloodshed in Blackthorn, Insane Mafia

Black FC: 4427-8152-0447

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

@Winged Psychic: Nice cover, especially since it's originally sung by a female. Also, yeah I noticed the some sort of british by the end, what was up with that? xD Dunno, nice entry though. Congrats! :)

@Badal: You sounded really neat at some parts, but I couldn't help but to dislike the fact there was the original singer's voice in the background. That bothered me a little, but you do know how to sing but you still need to improve. Perhaps it would have sounded better without the original voicing? heh, congrats! :)

Blog Entries

Bonjour mewstone est arrivé!

@Winged Psychic La plupart Genial! You vent a bit low at the end, and your high notes vere not in you range, non? Try a song next time more in vour range, oui! But overall I give you an,
    7.999999999999999999 out of ten!

@Badal adoré! Your voice vas a little weak, but that could have been your micraphone, non?
    If not you need to put more le pouvoir, more power, into your singing I happen to like that song so I know it preety well, you hit most of the notes which I congratulate you on keep working on your voice and you will become très awesome!
    8.9999999999999999 out of 10
    "She prefers the company of poison apples he prefers the company of nothing at all"
    Without a Face

Poison Apples by Mewstone

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f227/poison-apples-124893/#post3712913

Game Completionist LightArrows.exe's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit LightArrows.exe's Youtube Channel

Wow... Mewstone... French?! :O

I will be judging you guys soon, as I'm busy with homework (really tons, and tons of homework). So just wait! :D Judgings will come!

Blog Entries

@Tsutarja
    (I posted this a bit back. It isn't the original singers voice)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badal View Post
    @Derier44 YouTube - ‪I'm Yours - In Style Of Jason Mraz - Karaoke‬‏
    that being the cover, the vocals in it (the video) were deliberately a few pitches lower, to give the 'choir' sort of effect to it, so I wasn't singing that part off pitch.
    Not to make an excuse, but English not being my native, speaking languages, the faster parts get sort-of difficult for me.
    :( I am dissapoint with self.

Thanks though.

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Badal View Post
    @Tsutarja
    (I posted this a bit back. It isn't the original singers voice)
    *facepalms*

Sorry. ^^;

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Derier44 View Post
    Just for kicks, I declare myself the Steven Tyler of the Idol Judges!
    ...Who?
    Look, I make music! Yay!

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Metagross View Post
    ...Who?
    He's one of the Amercian Idol judges, so I was saying if I were to pick a judge that was like me (comparing the our judges to American Idols) I would choose Steven Tylers.

Super Moderator Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

We're getting a bit too conversational, let's just stick to talking about our contestants' entries.
    LightArrows.exe likes this.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

Agreed, cant wait for more entries, all of them have been great so far!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Bulbagarden Idol 2.0 (Round 1)

Hey guys , I'm here :D
    I'm currently listening to some of your songs, we got some talent*is jealous* I'll comment more later today, when I get home ^-^
    My life is a nightmare

Blog Entries

Hullo Idol participants--I'm Hallow and I am your fourth judge!

Now, I won't be giving any ratings or comments until all entries for the week are in--1. because I want to hear them all and rate according to that as well as comment all in one go, and 2. Because I am handicapped and will need a little help hearing all of your entries =) if this all works out. So!! Good luck to all, have fun, and I can't wait to hear everyone sing!
    My Art | My dA | My ColorsLive
    Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi-kun
    A good friend will not take advantage of a situation, but will comfort you through it.

Registered User Giovanni Sakaki's Avatar

Wow everyone wrote so much more than me for the intros. Might as well put a bit more about myself: I'm 17, I work at a library and I'm currently trying to get into university. I used to do drama classes when I lived in England (this was when I was about seven years old) and that's around the time I got into musicals and Pokemon too. And I'm still giggling over ComanderPigg's amazing intro video.

I sung Special from Avenue Q. And I'm really nothing at all like Lucy T. Slut. I promise!

YouTube - ‪Special‬‏
    It suddenly occurred to Domino that Team Rocket was a massive game of Telephone, using actual telephones, with real-life results that could be really damn scary (for other people, of course).
    Domino sprite in my avatar made by http://jaydeis.deviantart.com/

Blog Entries

Follow Yoshi-san on Tumblr

Last edited by Yoshi-san; 11th July 2011 at 08:02 PM.

Blog Entries

Follow Aestivate on Tumblr Visit Aestivate's Youtube Channel

@SSJ_Jup81

- I'm very, very familiar with the original, as I am very, very familiar with Digimon music - I consider myself somewhat of a Digimon SOMMELIER *shot*. Beware of your pitch, I'm aware that AiM doesn't sing in a very comfortable range for altos such as ourselves, but singing in the lower octave caused you to sway either sharp or flat. AiM also has a sweetness to her singing that is extremely difficult to emulate, but because you were holding back I could barely feel much of your emotion at all. A big part of performing music for others is the ability to create pathos, and sorry if I'm being picky here, but again, I am extremely familiar with AiM and the way she sings, as I have tried to cover her songs in the past. Holding back also makes it more difficult to sing and hold the proper pitches. Holding back also causes that wispiness of vocal quality when you try to hold out notes. Relax, let your vocal cords vibrate. This way, you can keep the singing delicate, but you'll still be able to keep up the intensity levels. Overall though, good job. You picked quite an ambitious song.

@CommanderPigg

- It's not brand news that I positively adore your voice. I have from day one and there will always be a tinge of jealousy for your smooth, easy-listening quality. You have the most lovely lyricism to your most lovely soprano voice. In terms of your song choice, I do really love this song and I do think you did a good job with it, but I feel like there were some parts where you tried to hard to make it work for you, when you should really be working through the song. I'm not sure if that makes sense xD. I do, however, grovel at the harmonies. Spectacularly done.

@WingedPsychic

Let me just get this right here out now - I really don't like Adele. THAT BEING SAID, I really enjoyed your rendition. Your low baritone/bass voice is so very rich and just lovely to listen to. From what I can hear, your belt voice has a lovely quality, very easy on the air, very suited to musical theatre in my opinion. Your head voice isn't nearly as controlled and pretty-sounding though. It sounds wispy and flat compared to the strength and power of your normal voice. Practice in your head voice. Warm up at least an octave above your head/chest voice. This might sound weird, but try talking like Julia Childs xD; It's weird to say that to a guy, but it'll really help in that range (:

@Badal

I hear a macbook O:
    I was very pleasantly surprised when you went into the first voice. You moved the verses along pretty well, but I was a little let down at the chorus. It's all about flow. And in order to flow... don't hesitate at the big notes; you can hit them! You're a pretty natural tenor from what I can hear, and if you'll only go flat if you tell yourself you won't be able to make them. This is especially prominent in the bridge, where you went kind of flat. Your head voice shouldn't just stop when it reaches your mouth. Direct the air above and out of your head; the air should travel out of your eyebrows and the top of your forehead. That is where the head voice has most residence, the mask of your face and your head. !

(domino and yoshi-san i'll edit this post with your comment when I'm done listening LOL)
    EDIT

@Domino White

For the most part a very strong technical performance. Pretty much pretty-perfect, but a little nasal. Try not to push the vibrato. If it doesn't come out the way you want it to,it won't do to force your way through it, or else you could damage your vocal cords. Just let your voice ring as opposed to making it ring because that puts strain on it. Really in character though, nicely job.

@Yoshi-san

your mp3 isn't working :(
    Last edited by Aestivate; 11th July 2011 at 07:54 PM.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)