Bulbagarden Idol 2.0 (Round 1) - WINNER ANNOUNCED! - Page 7

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Bulbagarden Idol 2.0 (Round 1) - WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Trophies
    Blog Entries
    Follow Derier44 On Twitter
    Visit Derier44's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Bulbagarden Idol 2.0

And so it begins....

@SSJ_Jup81
    Lets start off by saying your voice has great potential, but the fact that you had to sing so quietly because of your situation doesnt give us the full effect. But otherwise your Japanese sounded great and from what I could hear and from hearing the original song your pitches were basically there. I can't wait until next week when we can hopefully here your voice at full blast and really hear those high's and those lows. One thing that I believe you can improve is on really singing the song. Pour emotion into it so we can feel what the song is really about!

Your score is.......
    7/10

@Aestivate
    Wow, I was honestly impressed. Your voice is very toned and strong and you handle going up high in pitch very well. One thing I noticed was that you just need to hold your pitches better when you are holding a note. Otherwise I thought it had a good sense of emotion and when you went high or low in pitch to really hit a note you hit it very well.

Your score is....
    8/10
    Last edited by Derier44; 10th July 2011 at 09:21 PM.

Winner of: Inazuma Eleven Mafia, FALCONWING 3 MAFIA, War Room Mafia 2,
    The Simpsons Mafia, Bloodshed in Blackthorn, Insane Mafia

Black FC: 4427-8152-0447

Blog Entries

Follow CommanderPigg on Tumblr Visit CommanderPigg's Youtube Channel

LOL...I'm glad that you people liked my intro XD

@Aestivate ; REALLY LOVE THAT SONG! And you sung it so well! It was off rhythm in some parts, but overall, I loved your energy and your vocal quality, it was amazing.

@SSJ_Jup81 ; Awww, you sound so cute ^^ I agree that it was a bit quiet, but what can ya do? Impressed that you can hit some of those low notes, haha.

Unfortunately, my song is not as faaabulous as my intro, but...yeah. It's not exactly the type of song that I'm good with, but I've been obsessed with it since I've been working on this amv (holy crap, shameless self promotion!). I had to pitch the karaoke version up 4 semitones to get it within my vocal range. That's how bad it was XD But, no effects on the voice, as rules stated, but I did do my own harmony/background vocals.

Without further ado! (using 4shared like the cool people, since mediafire is being a bitch to me XD)
    cp-animal.mp3 - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

"seasons change, people change"

Trophies
    Blog Entries

@CommanderPigg
    Excuse me for a moment while I pick up my jaw..... That's was a seriously good take on Animal (almost like it better then the origonal :-P). One thing I liked about it was the variation and flexibilty in pitch. You hit the high notes and were able to take it low when nessasary along with adding your own changes to the pitch of some notes making it yours. And I really felt the emotion when especially in the chorus. One thing though is that you have to be sure not to rush some parts (the "Uh Ohhhhhh's" in paticular) that require just the right amount of length. Otherwise I thought it was great!

Your score is......
    9/10

Blog Entries

I would like to please claim "Amy Says" by Flyleaf. :)

J'ai Envie De Toi AetherX's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SSJ_Jup81 View Post
    I wasn't nervous. I was cautious, though, because I didn't want to disturb anyone in the other rooms. Also, I already mentioned that the song makes me emotional, so that probably had a lot to do with why I came across as sounding that way.
    That wasn't really targeted at you so much, actually. You are in a kind of tough position to record... My eyes get damp when I play the piano sometimes, so I understand.

Please don't take any of my criticisms to heart, I'm picky about vocals!

EDIT: Whoops, missed CP's

@CommanderPigg ; That was great! I especially liked your harmonies. As stated by Derier, two or three parts seemed a little rushed, but it all fit in the end. Good range of notes.

I should probably listen to the original version of each song before critiquing, that would be much easier.
    Last edited by AetherX; 10th July 2011 at 10:17 PM.

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

Official Link Fanglomper SSJ_Jup81's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add SSJ_Jup81 on Facebook
    Visit SSJ_Jup81's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by AetherX View Post
    That wasn't really targeted at you so much, actually. You are in a kind of tough position to record... My eyes get damp when I play the piano sometimes, so I understand.

Please don't take any of my criticisms to heart, I'm picky about vocals!
    No, I'm not offended at all. I appreciate the feedback from everyone. Can't improve without criticism. *nods*

Now, I can't listen to Chan's entry until later. At this time, nothing streams right here. Guess I'll listen tomorrow night.

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

@CommanderPigg: First off, wow. Your singing is seriously good, I was quite astonished. I have to say, thanks to you guys I have learned about so many awesome songs, including this one. I say that in the first part you seemed to rush through some lyrics since in the original version I could quite understand what the guy sang, it wasn't that slow but it I could hear it. I guess that would be my only complain, your voice really fits this cover and it was great to hear a female cover of this! Congrats! :D

Blog Entries

@Aestivate: A Japanese Rock song? Wow (but they were always different from the likes of Led Zeppelin =/). I'm going to be honest now; I don't think even the real version could have sounded better. I've never heard this song before but I can tell you know it extremely well, and while, granted, you have been singing your whole life without professional lessons, this sounded like some X-Factor finalist. I'm not kidding. I can't wait to hear your Wonderwall!
    Look, I make music! Yay!

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Sorry I missed this guys - I was out ALL day.

I'll be doing Here (In Your Arms) by Hellogoodbye. Please note that I'm going to have to be pretty quiet when I sing - the only chance I get to record is late at night, and I don't want to wake anyone up.
    ~ 3DS Friend Code: 5300-9399-4530~

Heart of Crystal - a Crystal Nuzlocke challenge story
    "He had it comin'! He had it comin'! He only had himself to blame! If you'd've been there, if you'd've seen it, I bet you you would have done the same!"

Blog Entries

Hi guys. I picked the song Turning Tables by Adele to sing. I put it up on youtube here:

Sorry about the explosive "S" sounds.

Blog Entries

I really really hope its against the rules to edit, voice enhance or anything of that sort. Since it would be extremely unfair. I mean when real people go up live, they don't have to do it on the spot, with no prior recording, editing, etc. So I hope its all against the rule, or the point of the competition gets ruined.

@Winged Psychic
    I like the choice of song. For a guy [adele being female and such a complex singer], I think you did pretty well. My only concerns were, it seemed extremely forced and not natural. Also towards the end idk what happened, you changed to an opera voice to an awkward British accent of sorts.
    Last edited by Badal; 11th July 2011 at 07:36 AM.

Trophies
    Blog Entries

@Winged Psychic
    Listening to the origonal that was a great cover of Turning Tables. I noticed it seemed a little forced especially when you went up higher and towards the end you got pitchy but then when you did that big note (in Badel's words the opera voice) it all fell into place after that and flowed smoothly at the end. The parts that I thought were your shining moments were the parts where the music repeat and you would crecendo each line and then it went into the chorus. At those parts when your voice went deep and then to moderatly high it showed good control in pitch and I could feel real emotion. And the parts (I will be braver, I'll be your saviour or something to that line) also had deep emotion to them. So for next week just work on those high notes and just let it flow.

Your score is......
    7.5/10

@Badal
    A good cover of I'm Yours to be sure. A few good things I noticed are that you have a good range of pitch and at parts you can really feel emotion. A few critisisms, you have a good range of pitch but at times it gets really pitchy. Since I could here the origonal voicing in the background you could tell if it got a little out where it was supposed to be, not to include your own pitch changes that you might have included. Another little part was the second part (Draw a new face in the mirror part) it started off a little rushed and when you were catching up it also got a little pitchy again. Because the middle/end of the first part was probably the best part for me, going between pitch, emotion, and just overall sounding great. That being said, for next week just control your pitch a little better and just let it flow, because there was a lot of emotion in there but at times it did seem a little forced, especially the faster parts. Overall great job!

Your score is.....
    6/10

Blog Entries

@Derier44 YouTube - ‪I'm Yours - In Style Of Jason Mraz - Karaoke‬‏
    that being the cover, the vocals in it (the video) were deliberately a few pitches lower, to give the 'choir' sort of effect to it, so I wasn't singing that part off pitch.
    Not to make an excuse, but English not being my native, speaking languages, the faster parts get sort-of difficult for me.
    :( I am dissapoint with self.

Thanks though.

Blog Entries

I'd like to do Don't you forget about me by Simple Minds.

Blog Entries

@Badal
    I liked how you kept the mellow spirit of the song intact, Badal. Your voice gets strained a bit near the end but I think it was a good performance.

Thanks for the feedback. I did let myself get carried away a bit.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)