Bulbagarden Idol 2.0 (Round 1) - WINNER ANNOUNCED! - Page 6
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Bulbagarden Idol 2.0 (Round 1) - WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Official Link Fanglomper SSJ_Jup81's Avatar Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add SSJ_Jup81 on Facebook
    Visit SSJ_Jup81's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Bulbagarden Idol 2.0

Well, if that's the case, here's my entry.

Eien no Kagayaki (for those who want to dl)

Eien no Kagayaki This is for those who'd prefer streaming it as opposed downloading it, and thanks goes out to ThePuppetMaster for doing this for me since I total fail when it comes to junk like this. lol

I think I might need another mic or something.

Edit: I forgot to comment on everyone's intros. I liked reading/listening to them, but I'll have to say that Chan's was the coolest!! I bow down to her for her entire Dento-inspired intro! ^_^
    Last edited by SSJ_Jup81; 10th July 2011 at 02:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Aestivate on Tumblr Visit Aestivate's Youtube Channel

@CommanderPigg - your intro video was SO CUTE. I was like "She isn't..." when I saw the beginning frames... Then I heard the music. "SHE IS!" I was laughing and cheering along.

Also guyz, I finished my first entry!!!11
    Apologies for the mic spiking. The only edits I applied to the vocal track was bg noise removal (because otherwise you can clearly hear my air conditioning)

God Knows by Aya Hirano

God Knows unmixed.mp3 - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

A separate, fully mixed version will appear (eventually) in my personal vocal covers thread (by that i added gverb and echo -___-)

the same i've always been:
    mafia win/lose tally . vocal covers . ffn.net
    . ao3 . tumblr

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Aestivate: I loved this!! You were really into it, and with your voice, it suited the song very well. Just hit me what it was, too. I have this song and have for years, I just forgot about it. You sound nice and professional. People, I should resign from this competition now.

Wish I knew how to edit out background noise stuff.
    Last edited by SSJ_Jup81; 10th July 2011 at 02:45 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

I have to ask, will we only comment in the QuickTopics or ...?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It's okay to comment on the participants' entries in the thread if you wish, but voters will be using the QuickTopic to associate and choose winners for each week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

First off, I hope you guys are not offended by my opinions. I'm going to be as honest as possible, so I hope you don't mind. :)

@SSJ_Jup81: I admit that you did a good job on this song, your Japanese sounded very good but I couldn't but to feel like... you ... I don't know how to express it, you sounded so quiet, it somewhat lacked emotions. Perhaps the song is supposed to be like that, I dunno. Nevertheless, I think you did a very good job with this cover, much better than me or others who can't sing would have ever done. Congrats! :D

@Aestivate: After listening to the first song by SSJ_Jup81, your way of singing really surprised me - in a positive way. You were really into it and it sounded pretty neat. Your entry was very good, congrats! :D

Once again, I hope you guys don't take my comments to heart. ^^;

I don't know how to sing nor do I have the courage to do so, so I think everyone who stepped up and joined this competition are worthy of being winners. Keep it coming guys, I'm looking forward to more entries! :D

EDIT: Piggy, Dento is going to sue you. :P
    Last edited by Tsutarja; 10th July 2011 at 02:27 PM.

Game Completionist LightArrows.exe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Visit LightArrows.exe's Youtube Channel

Entry: @SSJ_Jup81

This sounds great! It may be a little soft, but you can still hear it! I think the text is good, and it's great that you used Japanese music (:D Japan!). Great music, and it make's a little twist in the other music I heard (Mostly Sonic or Pokémon...)! Like Tsutarja said, it seems to be lacking emotions. But that doesn't change (nearly) anything! For the rest...

It's awesome!

I rate it...

08/10
    Or 4/5, if I may only rate till five...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh, just so you know, and I should've mentioned this, I'm staying in a hotel. I didn't want to disturb the people around me, which is why I was so quiet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SSJ_Jup81 View Post
    Oh, just so you know, and I should've mentioned this, I'm staying in a hotel. I didn't want to disturb the people around me, which is why I was so quiet.
    Ooooh, I see. ^^;

Game Completionist LightArrows.exe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Visit LightArrows.exe's Youtube Channel

That explains a lot. Hope your song of next week will be the same (or even better)! If you need to sing it harder, try to go to a place where there aren't alot of people, or maybe in a garage or something. Hope this helps!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow the Hedgehog View Post
    That explains a lot. Hope your song of next week will be the same (or even better)! If you need to sing it harder, try to go to a place where there aren't alot of people, or maybe in a garage or something. Hope this helps!
    Wish our house had one. lol I'm going back home tomorrow, so maybe I'll be able to do something there. First Idol was easier. I had my own place at the time.

Edit: Oh, I don't think I could ever redo this song, because no matter what, when I hear it I always want to cry towards the end of it. I have no idea why it makes me emotional and I was trying to hold back when doing so, but I can't wait for the next theme!
    Last edited by SSJ_Jup81; 10th July 2011 at 02:52 PM.

Super Moderator Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

Ok just to clear a few things up:

Contestants, if you do not want anyone to sing the same song as you, you can "claim" a song by writing "I claim [song] by [artist] in a post. Or you can just state what song you singing, and that will count as a claim. Do it asap though.

Also, you may change your mind after you have claimed a song only ONCE

For voters: I will PM you all about the quicktopic by Friday.

J'ai Envie De Toi AetherX's Avatar Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

First off: CommanderPigg... You are my favorite person of the day.

Let's give this feedback thing a try. I'll probably save most of my comments for the quicktopic deal, since I tend to swear a lot, even when I'm complimenting. Plus, as I said in my signup post, I'm a hard-ass when it comes to singing.

@SSJ_Jup81 ; I don't speak Japanese, so I can't say anything for your pronunciation, but it sounded Japanese, so that's good enough for me. Too bad you can't sing any louder, hopefully you can change that situation. I pretty much agree with what everyone before me has said. You've got potential, keep it up!

@Aestivate ; *sighs* Time to get some Japanese lessons from my friends. Very, very good, but it seems like you hesitated at a couple parts. It's all about the confidence. I'll be sure to keep my eye on you...

A few tips to all of the contestants, here's how to get MY vote:

1. Most important! Get into it! Like I told Aestivate, it's all about the confidence. Personally, I can tell when you're nervous. No matter what you do, your voice will shake a little bit and you'll be a little off of those hard to hit notes. A comfortable singer is a good singer.

2. I'm a bit of an audiophile. I'll try my best to ignore it, but my ear will tend to prefer stuff that is recorded with higher quality. Try your best to keep background noise to a minimum. If you really want to go somewhere with your singing, even if it's just on the internet, invest a couple hundred bucks into a nice microphone and recording software. All musicians have to pay for their instrument. Luckily, you carry yours wherever you go, but that's only if you perform live.

3. Multiple takes! Do it a couple times, then compare the recordings and pick the one you like best. A large reason why many professionals sound better recorded than live is not the effects on their voice, it's that they did it over and over until they got exactly what they want.

I know nothing about singing, to be honest, that's just some stuff I've picked up as I work with vocals more and more. My job's the instrumentation!

Good luck to all of you, I can't wait to hear more entries!

EDIT: I hope no one changes their username over the course of the competition, things would get much too confusing.
    Last edited by AetherX; 10th July 2011 at 05:59 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Yoshi-san on Tumblr

I'm going to enter with "Focus" by Takeru "TK" Takaishi from Digimon 02!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AetherX View Post
    1. Most important! Get into it! Like I told Aestivate, it's all about the confidence. Personally, I can tell when you're nervous. No matter what you do, your voice will shake a little bit and you'll be a little off of those hard to hit notes. A comfortable singer is a good singer.
    I wasn't nervous. I was cautious, though, because I didn't want to disturb anyone in the other rooms. Also, I already mentioned that the song makes me emotional, so that probably had a lot to do with why I came across as sounding that way.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast