Bulbagarden Idol 2.0 (Round 1) - WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Bulbagarden Idol 2.0 (Round 1) - WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Blog Entries

Default Bulbagarden Idol 2.0 (Round 1) - WINNER ANNOUNCED!

A sequel to the first singing competition held here at Bulbagarden, the staff at The Media Menagerie would like to present

Logo designed by Blazaking EX.

Overview

Bulbagarden Idol is based off the popular TV game show, "American Idol". In this competition, the participants will be like the contestants on the show who sing each week, the voters will be like the viewers (a.k.a. America) who will choose a winner by the end of the competition, and the judges will be like judges on the show who will give their opinions on each participant’s entries each week.In this competition, no one will be eliminated, instead a winner will be chosen each week, and then at the end of the competition, a participant will be chosen as the overall winner.

Each week there will be a theme, and the participants will select a song pertaining to that theme to perform. The theme will change each week, ranging from specific music genres to hits from certain decades. The judges will critique each participant’s entry in thread every week, offering helpful advice and telling them what can be improved. In addition, they will give each contestant a rating out of ten. This is meant to not only assist the participants; their critiques will also guide the voters in choosing a winner at the end of the competition.

In a private QuickTopic, the voters will also critique the participant’s entries each week, but they won’t need to go into as much detail as the judges. At the end of the competition, the voters will congregate and either choose a winner through a mutual decision or by majority rule if necessary.

Participant Rules & Guidelines

1. You must actively participate. Entries must be submitted each week. If you fail to submit an entry by the given deadline, you will be disqualified. However, if a real life issue comes up, please inform one of the moderators, and we will allow a pass if necessary.

2. The moderators will be choosing the theme each week. We will select a wide range of music genres that will hopefully provide a song choice for everyone’s tastes. You will need to have your selection approved by a moderator before you begin recording; to do so, you may either send a PM to one of us with your song choice or post in the thread what you hope to sing.

3. Once a song has been claimed, nobody else may perform it. Selections are based on a first come, first serve basis.

4. Some programs you may use to record yourself are Audacity and GarageBand which produce music files. There is other software in existence, however; these are merely suggestions. Filming yourself singing on camera is fine, too, as long as you’re heard.

5. When playing back your submission, make sure you can hear your voice distinctly. We want to hear you, not your accompaniment. Also, you must either use a karaoke version of the song you’re singing, or the original singer’s voice must be removed from the track. If you are not capable of doing this, inform me of what song you’re performing, and I will do his best to remove the original singer’s voice from it.
    • If you’re using Audacity to record, here is a list of instructions that may help you remove the original singer’s voice from your track.

6. You may not mix your submission; this means no adding effects or using voice enhancing software. We want to hear your voice raw; we’re judging you on your singing skills, not your editing skills.

7. You may submit your entries to YouTube, MediaFire, Vocaroo, or 4Shared.

8. Please do not post rude comments. Critiquing others is fine, but make sure you’re not commenting just to bash another user.

NOTE: Moderators partaking in this competition as participants will not be included in the choosing of themes or approving of song choices.

Voting Rules & Guidelines

1. You must actively participate. You must try to comment on the participants’ works weekly. Consistent failure to do so will result in your spot being taken. However, if a real life issue comes up, please inform one of the moderators, and we will allow a pass if necessary.

2. Additionally, when commenting on a participant’s submission, please say a little bit more than just “I like/dislike this.” Let the others know why you like or dislike it.

3. You will use a QuickTopic to post your opinions on the participants’ submissions each week. Please comment on each participant’s entry when making a post and feel free to discuss with the other voters regarding each participant’s singing talents.
    • You will be sent the QuickTopic in a PM when the competition begins.

4. At the end of the competition, you and the other voters will decide who you all think should be the winner based on their song entries for each theme.

5. If you and the other voters cannot select a winner by mutual agreement, a vote will be held, and whichever participant receives the most votes will win.

6. When commenting on the participants’ submissions, please be sure not to unjustifiably insult their singing abilities. Also, do not insult the other voters’ opinions.

NOTE: Moderators partaking in this competition as participants will not see the QuickTopic.

Judging Rules & Guidelines

1. You must actively participate. You must try to critique the participants’ works weekly. Consistent failure to do so will result in your spot being taken. However, if a real life issue comes up, please inform one of the moderators, and we will allow a pass if necessary.

2. Additionally, please offer as much advice as possible to each participant and critique each submission the best you can. You will be giving every participant’s submission each week a rating out of ten.

3. When critiquing participants’ submissions, please be sure not to unjustifiably insult their singing abilities. We ask that you provide constructive criticism. Also, do not insult the other judges’ opinions.

Those who wish to partake in this competition as participants and voters may sign up in the thread. Those who wish to be judges – we recommend that you have some sort of musical background, but it is not required. If you would like to judge, please send a PM to a moderator telling us why you would like to judge and informing us of any musical background you possess.

A reminder: please make sure you will actively participate if you choose to sign up. Inactivity is the biggest enemy in a competition like this. If you would like to drop out of the competition at any point, please inform a moderator so we may find a replacement.

Participants
    1. Hellion
    2. Aestivate
    3. SSJ_Jup81
    4. Badal
    5. Yoshi-san
    6. CommanderPigg
    7. Feliciano
    8. Kayi-chan
    9. TeamGalacticMercury
    10. gotpika
    11. Domino White
    12. The Puppetmaster
    13. Winged Psychic

Voters
    1. AetherX
    2. MusicNFics
    3. Mr Metagross
    4. Karamazov
    5. Mintaka
    6. Meron
    7. Tsutarja
    8. DCM
    9. hurristat
    10. GreatLiver
    11. Kakuna Matata
    12. J J M
    13. Sourcandy
    14. ~2NE1~
    15. Slippery Gypsy
    16. Iteru
    17. Dento
    18. Flareth

Judges
    1. mewstone
    2. Shadow the Hedgehog
    3. Derier44
    4. Hallow♥

~~~

Have fun!
    Last edited by The Puppetmaster; 18th July 2011 at 12:45 AM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Bulbagarden Idol 2.0

Signing up as a participant!

Blog Entries

Follow Aestivate on Tumblr Visit Aestivate's Youtube Channel

Participant! -runs-

J'ai Envie De Toi AetherX's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

I'm kind of a hardass when it comes to judging singing, but I'll try being a voter.

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

Official Link Fanglomper SSJ_Jup81's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add SSJ_Jup81 on Facebook
    Visit SSJ_Jup81's Youtube Channel

I'm so signing up as a participant! I was having too much fun with the original one.

Get the cool shoeshine! Glitchitar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Voter, please! I love this idea.

Blog Entries

(a.k.a. America)
    =(

Anyway, I'll be a voter.
    Look, I make music! Yay!

Blog Entries

in as a participant

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Metagross View Post
    =(

Anyway, I'll be a voter.
    Aw, you don't have to live in America to be in this! xD

Blog Entries

Speaking of participating TPM... you forgot to sign up... : P

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Puppetmaster View Post
    Aw, you don't have to live in America to be in this! xD
    It's a little strange for me how everything is American since I'm used to all the British TV shows (like British X-Factor, Britain's Got Talent and Top Gear). I'm just not accustomed to everyone I talk to being American and such. It makes Britain look so small and worthless. I mean, just because there's a New England and you refer to my home as "Old England" doesn't mean it's old. London is more modern than you might think!

Sorry for being off-topic. My British rant can get out of control (and it usually does).
    Froakie and Maya Oak like this.
    Look, I make music! Yay!

J'ai Envie De Toi AetherX's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

That's why Bulbagarden is multi-cultural. Huzzah for political correctness!

Couple questions, they may have been in the OP but I didn't see. When does this start? and about how long will it last?

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

Blog Entries

Follow Yoshi-san on Tumblr

I'll join as a participant!!!!

Super Moderator Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

Please stay on topic ^^

The competition is going to start after we get enough signups, which will hopefully be some point next week. It's going to be 10 weeks.

Blog Entries

Can mods sign up?
    Look, I make music! Yay!

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)