Bulbagarden Idol 2.0 (Round 1) - WINNER ANNOUNCED!
A sequel to the first singing competition held here at Bulbagarden, the staff at The Media Menagerie would like to present
Logo designed by Blazaking EX.
Bulbagarden Idol is based off the popular TV game show, "American Idol". In this competition, the participants will be like the contestants on the show who sing each week, the voters will be like the viewers (a.k.a. America) who will choose a winner by the end of the competition, and the judges will be like judges on the show who will give their opinions on each participant’s entries each week.In this competition, no one will be eliminated, instead a winner will be chosen each week, and then at the end of the competition, a participant will be chosen as the overall winner.
Each week there will be a theme, and the participants will select a song pertaining to that theme to perform. The theme will change each week, ranging from specific music genres to hits from certain decades. The judges will critique each participant’s entry in thread every week, offering helpful advice and telling them what can be improved. In addition, they will give each contestant a rating out of ten. This is meant to not only assist the participants; their critiques will also guide the voters in choosing a winner at the end of the competition.
In a private QuickTopic, the voters will also critique the participant’s entries each week, but they won’t need to go into as much detail as the judges. At the end of the competition, the voters will congregate and either choose a winner through a mutual decision or by majority rule if necessary.
Participant Rules & Guidelines
1. You must actively participate. Entries must be submitted each week. If you fail to submit an entry by the given deadline, you will be disqualified. However, if a real life issue comes up, please inform one of the moderators, and we will allow a pass if necessary.
2. The moderators will be choosing the theme each week. We will select a wide range of music genres that will hopefully provide a song choice for everyone’s tastes. You will need to have your selection approved by a moderator before you begin recording; to do so, you may either send a PM to one of us with your song choice or post in the thread what you hope to sing.
3. Once a song has been claimed, nobody else may perform it. Selections are based on a first come, first serve basis.
4. Some programs you may use to record yourself are Audacity and GarageBand which produce music files. There is other software in existence, however; these are merely suggestions. Filming yourself singing on camera is fine, too, as long as you’re heard.
5. When playing back your submission, make sure you can hear your voice distinctly. We want to hear you, not your accompaniment. Also, you must either use a karaoke version of the song you’re singing, or the original singer’s voice must be removed from the track. If you are not capable of doing this, inform me of what song you’re performing, and I will do his best to remove the original singer’s voice from it.
• If you’re using Audacity to record, here is a list of instructions that may help you remove the original singer’s voice from your track.
6. You may not mix your submission; this means no adding effects or using voice enhancing software. We want to hear your voice raw; we’re judging you on your singing skills, not your editing skills.
7. You may submit your entries to YouTube, MediaFire, Vocaroo, or 4Shared.
8. Please do not post rude comments. Critiquing others is fine, but make sure you’re not commenting just to bash another user.
NOTE: Moderators partaking in this competition as participants will not be included in the choosing of themes or approving of song choices.
Voting Rules & Guidelines
1. You must actively participate. You must try to comment on the participants’ works weekly. Consistent failure to do so will result in your spot being taken. However, if a real life issue comes up, please inform one of the moderators, and we will allow a pass if necessary.
2. Additionally, when commenting on a participant’s submission, please say a little bit more than just “I like/dislike this.” Let the others know why you like or dislike it.
3. You will use a QuickTopic to post your opinions on the participants’ submissions each week. Please comment on each participant’s entry when making a post and feel free to discuss with the other voters regarding each participant’s singing talents.
• You will be sent the QuickTopic in a PM when the competition begins.
4. At the end of the competition, you and the other voters will decide who you all think should be the winner based on their song entries for each theme.
5. If you and the other voters cannot select a winner by mutual agreement, a vote will be held, and whichever participant receives the most votes will win.
6. When commenting on the participants’ submissions, please be sure not to unjustifiably insult their singing abilities. Also, do not insult the other voters’ opinions.
NOTE: Moderators partaking in this competition as participants will not see the QuickTopic.
Judging Rules & Guidelines
1. You must actively participate. You must try to critique the participants’ works weekly. Consistent failure to do so will result in your spot being taken. However, if a real life issue comes up, please inform one of the moderators, and we will allow a pass if necessary.
2. Additionally, please offer as much advice as possible to each participant and critique each submission the best you can. You will be giving every participant’s submission each week a rating out of ten.
3. When critiquing participants’ submissions, please be sure not to unjustifiably insult their singing abilities. We ask that you provide constructive criticism. Also, do not insult the other judges’ opinions.
Those who wish to partake in this competition as participants and voters may sign up in the thread. Those who wish to be judges – we recommend that you have some sort of musical background, but it is not required. If you would like to judge, please send a PM to a moderator telling us why you would like to judge and informing us of any musical background you possess.
A reminder: please make sure you will actively participate if you choose to sign up. Inactivity is the biggest enemy in a competition like this. If you would like to drop out of the competition at any point, please inform a moderator so we may find a replacement.
11. Domino White
12. The Puppetmaster
13. Winged Psychic
3. Mr Metagross
11. Kakuna Matata
12. J J M
15. Slippery Gypsy
2. Shadow the Hedgehog