MUSIC: AetherX's Music (EDM and some other stuff) - Page 5

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: AetherX's Music (EDM and some other stuff)

J'ai Envie De Toi AetherX's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: AetherX's Music (EDM and some other stuff)

Quote Originally Posted by J J M View Post
    @AetherX That'll be great, thanks.
    Just PM me however you want me to get it to you.

NEW SONG GUYZ!

Extremities

Show me some love <3

By the way, I made it onto the Newgrounds CD for Charity. I'm sooooo excited. I'll be sure to link to the shop as soon as it's released.

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

Get the cool shoeshine! Glitchitar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That's so beaty! Cool.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MusicNFics View Post
    That's so beaty! Cool.
    Thanks, I'm glad you liked it.

New song for you all again:
    Above it All

I hope you feel like dancing ;)

In other news, I've got a Soundcloud now so I can be cool. I'm not a big fan of the compression that it adds to every track, so I'll continue linking to my stuff on NG, but in case you want to follow or whatever: AetherX's sounds on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

Blog Entries

Nice, though I couldn't really hear the drums.

Blog Entries

It's been a while, hasn't it? I've been working on plenty of projects here and there, as well as entering contests, so expect more soon. For now, he's another DnB track:

Fierce

Enjoy!

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AetherX View Post
    It's been a while, hasn't it?

Anyways, it's a nice little ditty.

Blog Entries

So yeah here's one for a contest: Moving On

The goal was to use only VSTs (software instruments) that come bundled with FL Studio's "Producer Edition." It was fun to be limited, because now I feel like I can do anything.

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

Super Moderator Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

I just love all your stuff! Many of your creative works sound like great character theme songs. I could totally see "Fierce" being written for a character in some action movie. "Moving On" sounds like it would take place in a big turning point in a movie or television show.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paperhorse View Post
    I just love all your stuff! Many of your creative works sound like great character theme songs. I could totally see "Fierce" being written for a character in some action movie. "Moving On" sounds like it would take place in a big turning point in a movie or television show.
    Thanks, I'm glad you like them. I've got an animator friend who I try to inspire with my music, Fierce was written for him.

I know I haven't posted in a while, but I've been awfully busy. Plenty of songs are incoming over the next week or so, though, so brace yourselves. Last week were my end of semester exams, so I got really bored with studying and made this.

Pokemon: Aether

I know you all will be able to appreciate it properly, but I hope you like it.

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

Blog Entries

Here's one of said incoming tracks. Some electro house from me to you. Sorry if the drop is a little obnoxious, I had trouble mixing properly because my computer sucks. Enjoy!

Sentinel

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

Blog Entries

Dude! So much work I missed out on I don't have time to review them all. I'm just going to have to wrap up some of my favourites.

A Failure Repeated: I enjoyed this in the weird musical way that means I tried to figure out what scale you were using while listening. So put me out my misery, what scale were you using? And this piece in particular was perfect besides one thing: it could used more of the sustain that you got on the intro of Clockwork. You're a much better pianist than I.

Extremities: I enjoyed this one very very much. I'm going to be honest, this kind of music isn't really my style especially since I'm delving into more acoustic and virtuoso pieces myself, and I really really enjoyed this number. Man, there's been a serious mistake of you don't write music for Metroid or something. Just a question, did you compose every note of this on piano? Because the piano break some two minutes in was insane.

Fierce: Dude. WRITE FOR METROID. IT WILL WORK. (I don't think they would appreciate the 8-bit breakdown section but you know, took me back to my Sonic days as a kid).

Pokemon Aether: Ahaha, brilliant, just brilliant. I thought you were just going to do an 8-bit remix of some obscure battle them but when you made it your own it gave it it's own charm. Fantastic, dude. I love that one.

This is amazing man! Keep it up, by all means. If no one replies it doesn't mean they're not listening. There's also all the ratings and comments from NG (a much bigger site) so keep going.

My only request is to remix this piece, which I should point is just one bass guitar and I learnt it a few days ago. Very hard, very complex.
    Look, I make music! Yay!

Blog Entries

Well hey der. Yet another long leave of absence for me, I'm afraid. Really sorry about that. Looking back, I'm astounded that Sentinel is the last track I posted. I've improved sooooo much since then, I just haven't finished any tracks. That's about to change, but first, a long overdue response.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Metagross View Post
    A Failure Repeated: I enjoyed this in the weird musical way that means I tried to figure out what scale you were using while listening. So put me out my misery, what scale were you using? And this piece in particular was perfect besides one thing: it could used more of the sustain that you got on the intro of Clockwork. You're a much better pianist than I.
    Key of F major, so the one with only one flat (B). I'm glad you liked it!

Extremities: I enjoyed this one very very much. I'm going to be honest, this kind of music isn't really my style especially since I'm delving into more acoustic and virtuoso pieces myself, and I really really enjoyed this number. Man, there's been a serious mistake of you don't write music for Metroid or something. Just a question, did you compose every note of this on piano? Because the piano break some two minutes in was insane.
    Unfortunately, this was one of the piano pieces that I cannot play live. I'm glad you were able to see around genre biases, that's an important goal of mine. I want to make music everyone can enjoy.

Fierce: Dude. WRITE FOR METROID. IT WILL WORK. (I don't think they would appreciate the 8-bit breakdown section but you know, took me back to my Sonic days as a kid).
    I've had several people tell me my stuff sounds like it should be in Metroid. Digipen (basically video game university), just started offering an audio major so I might switch into that after a few years.You're the first one to comment on the 8-bit breakdown, I was quite proud of myself when I came up with that.

Soooooo yeah. News:

First off, the Newgrounds CD 2012 is almost done, and I'll definitely let you know when it gets released. As well as myself, it showcases many different artists and genres. All proceeds will go to charity.

Secondly, I have two new AWESOME tracks ready to go. One is a combination electro and orchestral that I can pretty much guarantee will blow your minds a million different ways. The other is a piano-centric dance track that I'm quite proud of. They'll be released as soon as my procrastinating artist friends get back to me with banners, profile pics, and backgrounds, which brings me to my next point...

YOUTUBE! I'm expanding to youtube to broaden my base. The thing is, I want some really cool pictures to go with my songs (and I will only post the older ones that I really like). So if you are an artist inspired by my music or know an artist, drawings/paintings/photographs/sculptures/whatever as long as it goes with my music, would be much appreciated. I want some good, high quality stuff because...

I'm going balls deep. I've been saving up a few spectacular tracks and I plan to release them all around the same time, right when I debut my youtube channel, advertise on Newgrounds/Soundcloud, and whore myself out on facebook. With luck I'll be able to garner some followers. That's my hope, at least. Now that I've finally made some music that I'm very proud of, I want it to get noticed by people.

Fifthly and finally, I hope to start off this marketing blitz by placing in a remix contest that I just entered. First through third place get published, and I'm fairly confident. My entry can be found here:

Illustrated - Subtle Hints (AetherX Remix)

Everything but the dry vocals (that is, the vocals without any effects) is made by me. I quite like it. If you're interested, here's the original:

Illustrated - Subtle Hints (Original)

In other semi-related news, I'm probably going to do my first DJ set next Saturday at my own graduation party. Fifty to a hundred kids will be there, so I'm pumped.

Comments are welcome, wish me luck!

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AetherX View Post
    Yet another long leave of absence for me. Really sorry about that.
    Aww, no problem. I had one too. I'm planning to start my own thread as well.
    Your Subtle Hints remix is awesome. Not too heavy bass.

Blog Entries

And here we are, three months later!

Without further ado:

Insurrection

Hope y'all like it. Lot's of work went into it.

News:

-My next track, with a working name of "Elements," is coming along smoothly. Hopefully I'll release it within the month.

-Youtube: I'll get my channel up and running when I release Elements. Trying to pull together some nifty pictures and logos right now, so if you're an artist... *winkwinknudgenudge*

-NG CD For Charity 2012 will be released on October 15 featuring my track "Unseen"

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

Super Moderator Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

This song is so perfectly titled. As soon as I heard the beginning, I imagined people starting riots and government upheaval stuff. It sounds like this could go well on a science fiction movie soundtrack.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast