MUSIC: AetherX's Music (EDM and some other stuff) - Page 4

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: AetherX's Music (EDM and some other stuff)

J'ai Envie De Toi AetherX's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: AetherX's Music (EDM and some other stuff)

Hey folks, it's been a while (a whole month!). Remember me?

I've been busy working on several tracks recently. Including, but not limited to: an oldskool happy hardcore song with my own twist; "Unseen," the song that will (hopefully) be on the Newgrounds CD; a remake of Into the Sky, which I'm super psyched about; and this...

Connection

It's actually that hands-up track I mentioned not completing a ways back. I found it again and fell in love with the intro. After some reworking I got it in somewhat decent order and here it is! Hopefully it'll tide you over until my next actually good song. Not sure when that will be, nor which one it's going to be. Until then:

Dance freely, sing freely, fly freely, live freely!

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

Super Moderator Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

I really adored the beginning of this because it sounds like music that would go along with an adventure story. I also love how fast paced it is, and generally put me in an adventurous mood! It's great how it slows down a bit near the end, rather than ending abruptly.

Blog Entries

I adore the piano part! So lovely, along with the rest of the song. You do a good job of bringing the sound down to quieter levels and quickly rising them again. And I agree with PH in that the ending fadeout was awesome.

Blog Entries

Thanks for the responses, I like the piano part too. Speaking of which, here's another song that should have been finished a looooong time ago (well before I started putting my stuff up on here).

A Failure Repeated

Improvised on my midi controller (in layman's terms: a keyboard). Not the best, but I kinda like it.

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

Super Moderator Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by AetherX View Post
    A Failure Repeated

Improvised on my midi controller (in layman's terms: a keyboard). Not the best, but I kinda like it.
    Ooh, I really liked this one. I found it really relaxing and calming. Although, I sense a hint of sadness, because of the title. Why did you decide to call it A Failure Repeated?

Blog Entries

Well, I did it a long time ago so I can't really remember what was going through my mind when I was playing it. Listening to it now, however, I decided that it sounded like a combination of sadness and anger. Like when you keep messing up on something that's really important to you.

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

Blog Entries

Really enjoyed listening to this one! I understand the emotion your title presents; I've felt this way many times before. It sounded much more sad than angry, though. If you had made it more intense and almost chaotic sounding toward the middle-end, I think it would have been fitting because personally, I sometimes get into these drawn-out tangents where I just spit out words in anger. I think the piano playing more quickly at that part would have expressed that (just a suggestion, though; I'm not entirely sure if that's what you were going for, so I apologize if this isn't helpful).

Keep it up! Your work is very impressive.

Blog Entries

It's been a while, but the deadline has now passed for the NG album competition, so I have some more time for my non-competition pieces. Here's the first one, a Drum n Bass track a la Are You Ready.

Clockwork

Comments? Ideas? Questions? Offers?

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

Get the cool shoeshine! Glitchitar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

One word. Awesome. The drums in that song are strong. Sort of reminds me of Skrillex.

Blog Entries
    Add MuddyMudkip on Facebook
    Follow MuddyMudkip on Tumblr Visit MuddyMudkip's Youtube Channel

Wow! I really love your works! All of them are great and really catchy.. Perhaps my favorite would be A Journey Away or Empyrean Union... Your most recent works are amazing, too! Keep up the awesome work.

The Empyrean Union made me visualize being up in the clouds, and it really just relaxed and soothed me. (Oh, and when I looked up empyrean, it somewhat means heaven or the highest reaches of heaven - great title!) As for Jsut a Journey Away, well, I really just felt like I was a journey away from something big. The first part made me feel as though I had a goal, a goal I kept trying to reach. Then when it sped up and there were some other beats, I felt like I was going through a really fast-paced journey. Just listening to your music has made me feel so... I just can't describe it... It's just so uplifting in a way.
    Last edited by MuddyMudkip; 27th October 2011 at 01:39 AM.
    ..::Active URPG Ranger::..
    A Poem I Wrote
    >>learning through the downs, living for the ups<<
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai-Mei View Post
    Stuff died. Apparently Typhlosion > Chandelure.

Blog Entries

Your music is amazing. ._. Though how do you use all the instruments in FL Studio? I use it and it's pretty difficult sometimes to orchestrate each and every instrument.
    Last edited by J J M; 5th November 2011 at 07:23 PM.
    New Track: Going Up

Winner of the Most Creative Host, Fair Hosting & Best Mafia Series Awards for the War Room Awards 2012.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by J J M View Post
    Your music is amazing. ._. Though how do you use all the instruments in FL Studio? I use it and it's pretty difficult sometimes to orchestrate each and every instrument.
    I'm not sure what you mean here. I don't use all the instruments in FL, that would be ridiculous! In fact, the only native FL synth I regularly use is 3xosc. I program my own patches in 3xosc, Synth1 (freeware), and some others. It takes time to program the synths, write melodies and basslines, sequence drums, organize the patterns, and then mix and master. Just be patient and give yourself at the very least a week to write a song.

Also this guy's FL tutorials are amazing (Beginner to Pro), assuming that you haven't already checked them out. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. I'm still a beginner myself, but I'd be glad to help.

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

Blog Entries

@AetherX I meant how do you orchestrate or arrange the notes for each instrument so that not only it fits music-wise but there isn't any timing problems as well.

And I have watched the first few ones. They're what helped me when I started off with FL Studio. ^^

Winner of the Most Creative Host, Fair Hosting & Best Mafia Series Awards for the War Room Awards 2012.

Blog Entries

@J J M Ahh, I see.

The way I write music is with a simple chord progression, usually four chords each a measure long. I make the melodies out of the chords or just playing around in the right scale. As for timing, I like to have a note at the beginning of each measure, and most notes playing on the beat or half beat (with plenty of exceptions). I'd suggest continuing to watch those videos as well as other video tutorials and looking into some basic music theory (I don't know what your musical background is, so you might already know what you need to know). Try taking a look at some of the sample projects that come with FL, I can even send you the flp of one of my songs if you'd like.

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

Blog Entries

@AetherX That'll be great, thanks.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast