MUSIC: AetherX's Music (EDM and some other stuff) - Page 3

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: AetherX's Music (EDM and some other stuff)

J'ai Envie De Toi AetherX's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: AetherX's Music (EDM and some other stuff)

Quote Originally Posted by Paperhorse View Post
    I have been really enjoying listening to your music! All the songs are really well done, you have such talent! My favorite is definitely Into The Sky. I find it very uplifting and really nice to listen to.

And I enjoyed your newest as well. I really liked when you put the pauses in the middle of the song. And The title definitely intrigues me :) I look forward to future songs from you.
    Thanks! I'm glad you like them! I put the pause in the middle so that the listener could really appreciate the sick reverb on the bass without the wobble covering it up. I think it worked fairly well. Speaking of future songs...

Lavender Town - E.T. (Mash-up)
    A strange combination, but I like it.

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

Blog Entries

Awesome, vocals at last!! Unfortunately I was in the middle of recording a cover I'm working on for my upcoming thread, listening to myself singing "Well one two three take my hand and come with me" over and over again so listening to those vocals I'm sorta disheartened. xD

No worries, dude. This sounded extremely professional, and since I'm not accustomed to rap or R'N'B or whatever this was, that's all I can say, really. Keyboards were great as always, that drumbeat was spot-on; not to fast or overactive and not blanked out all together. Of course the vocals were perfect. xD

Brilliant job, but how to compose all these songs in such a short space of time?? I've been writing away since Wednesday, you seem to be uploading a new song every other day!
    Look, I make music! Yay!

Blog Entries

Well I managed to find an official release of the acapella of ET, so that was kind of professionally recorded. I added some reverb, unison, compression, and EQ, but I can't take all of the credit.

How do I release so many so fast? Well, I kind of finish songs in spurts. As I said above, I usually work on two or three songs at a time, for a couple hours a day. If I have time, I can go for up to six or seven hours straight. Once they're all done, I wait a couple days to let my ears cool off as the case may be, then I master and release them all, one per day. That song was the last of the batch, so it'll be a little while before I have anything to upload again.

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

Get the cool shoeshine! Glitchitar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Just back from Singapore, but I can safely say that Lavender E.T. is freaky and dark, and Beg For More, altough only able to listen for a couple seconds, is extremely bassy. Maybe next you can remix Jean Michel Jarre next.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MusicNFics View Post
    Maybe next you can remix Jean Michel Jarre next.
    Dunno, I would need to work on my pads and soundscapes before I could even compete with the original.

I's been a while but it's time for a new song: Power of Pleasure

I know it wasn't on my to do list, but I found the acapella and loved it so much! I've mostly given up on the happy hardcore one though, so I guess this can replace it until I get inspired to finish.

I'm sure you're all looking forward to Feel Good Inc. and I am working on it, but it's tough. Since the song was recorded acoustically and not beat-matched, it has a rather obscure tempo (FL says 138.366 BPM but it sounds a little off), which is hard to work with. I'm not even sure what direction I want to take with it. If it takes too long I'll just upload a demo/WIP and you all can give me some feedback on where to go.

In other news, it's a week until I get out of school. And that means lots more music, including a Just a Journey Away Remix! I'm also planning on lurking the Menagerie some, offering advice, and leaving reviews on other people's tunes so I'm not just advertising myself here. I'd like to become a more active member of this new community since you've all been so nice to me.

Hope you all enjoy Power of Pleasure!

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

Blog Entries

Follow CommanderPigg on Tumblr Visit CommanderPigg's Youtube Channel

Woooaaah. The vocals just add a whole 'nother layer to your music, it's really great! I think I listened to Power of Pleasure on repeat for three times without even knowing it! lol I feel like it could have been more impressive if the bass was more prominent though, but that may just be my preference XD

"seasons change, people change"

Super Moderator Paperhorse's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Paperhorse on Tumblr

I really love your new song! I did the same thing as Piggy, I listened to it on repeat without knowing xD. I'm so glad you added vocals because it really worked well. I hope you do more songs in the future with vocals, it was really fun to listen to.

Quote Originally Posted by AetherX View Post
    In other news, it's a week until I get out of school. And that means lots more music, including a Just a Journey Away Remix! I'm also planning on lurking the Menagerie some, offering advice, and leaving reviews on other people's tunes so I'm not just advertising myself here. I'd like to become a more active member of this new community since you've all been so nice to me.
    Glad to hear it!

Get the cool shoeshine! Glitchitar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Actually,I'd find making a JMJ remix is extremely hard. So kids, NEVER EVER REMIX HIM.Just don't.Anyways, can't wait for Feel Good Inc.

Blog Entries

Whoa, the vocals sort of gave me a heart attack in the intro. As excellent as they were later on, I think you overused the echo. Apart from that, this sounded extremely professional, especially with the synthed voice: "feel the rhythm". Since you're a dude, this probably wasn't you singing unless you're Justin Bieber (no offence to the fans, but the guy is a massive dick), so I ask you: how did you program those vocals?? I'm just a little curious.

As usual, this sounds like it's composed of entirely synths. The sweeping effect, electro drumkit, the keys, the synth orchestra; all very good, but a little acoustic doesn't hurt.

May I recommend: Space Walk by Lemon Jelly. It's not only my favourite Lemon Jelly song but one of my favourite songs all together. It's almost impossible to dislike, and so I recommend it.
    Look, I make music! Yay!

Blog Entries

Yeah I tend to go over the top with reverb. I downloaded the acapella from the internet; this song's actually a remix.

Actually, there is a strings section backing the last chorus.

Space Walk: good song. I'm always on the lookout for samples like that to put in my songs, but haven't found one yet. I used to use a lot of piano as a lead in my earlier songs. Now, I've stopped doing that for the most part in an attempt to expand my genre, but I try to use piano as much as possible as it's a huge part of "my" sound. I'm trying to do this in a house-ish song I'm currently working on with a piano playing a variety of arpeggios. It's also got a church bell as a hook in the beginning (think AC/DC - Hell's Bells except without a badass guitar riff).

Thanks for the feedback, all!

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

Blog Entries

I'm not dead! I've actually been very busy on a variety of tracks, but few of them are actually coming together. I've decided to join some others on Newgrounds to put together an album by NG Artists. It's pretty cool: 4 different albums, each with a different genre. Each album will have two CDs of 15-20 tracks each. The songs will be exclusive and everything will be sold from the NG store, with proceeds going to charity. I'll be sure to link it when it's up, even if I don't make it on to the final copy. Long story short, I won't be releasing some of my higher quality tracks for a little while. Some of the mediocre stuff and some remixes will still go up, though.

Which brings me to my newest song:
    Blissfully Alone

It's different than everything else I've done, but I like it.

Future works: Feel Good Inc. is inching along slowly, keep bugging me about it so that I don't forget. Just a Journey Away Remix is due out soon, but I'm not quite done.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I don't know if you guys have noticed, but it's possible to download my songs. Just click on the floppy disk icon that's in the licensing terms box. Just letting you know!
    Last edited by AetherX; 11th July 2011 at 02:34 AM.

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

Blog Entries

Awesome new piece! I'm glad there were more acoustics in this one (specifically the piano and panflute (?)) and, I'm going to be a total jerk now, I think it sounded a little too major at some points. Continuing my jerkiness, it was a little repetitive. There only seemed to be four chords repeating through the whole thing with a variation in used instruments.

On the positive side, you never fail to bring up an image in my head. It's a nice, smooth, flowing piece that I would gladly buy on iTunes. Great job, keep it up!
    Look, I make music! Yay!

Blog Entries

"Blissfully Alone" is so pretty. ;_; Like Mr Metagross said, the song conveyed spectacular imagery; I just think of lying in a fair-weathered field relaxing at first. Then, I think of children running through a meadow when it begins to speed up, and when it slows back down, it's like these children have stopped at a nearby pond and are observing the nature surrounding it. And then by the end, it's back to lying in the middle of a field.

Sorry for my borderline insanity here, but that's what I pictured when listening. xD;

Blog Entries

Well, you're not far off. The song was inspired by a peaceful afternoon with my girlfriend wading in a river on a warm summer day.

Unpredictable - Fan Fic
    Find me on Soundcloud

Blog Entries

Awww that's sweet. :) Keep up the awesome work!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast