THE FIRST POTENTIALLY BI-ANNUAL NATIONAL PARK CAPTURE CONTEST
The general idea is that this is a "super condensed" run. Where a normal run may take about a month-ish, lasts for fifteen Encounters, and you take three Pokemon with you, this Event lasts for two weeks, five Encounters, and you can only take one Pokemon with you. You can catch as many as you want, though, and you choose one Pokemon to be judged. The person whose judged Pokemon is worth the most wins a prize.
Event Rules / Information
1. You have to be part of the URPG.
2. You have to have a sign up for the National Park.
3. The Event Location is decided beforehand and all the Event Runs will take place at this Location. Future Catching Contests will be in a different location. This Capture Contest will take place in Meteor Valley.
4. All of your posts must be readable. No chat speak. It also helps to be creative with your posts - like in normal Expeditions, higher quality posts will yield better results.
5. You must be this tall to enter.
6. Trainer brings in one Pokemon.
7. You must pay a 3k entry fee.
8. Your entry Basket includes: 3 Park Balls; 2 Super Balls; 1 Hyper Ball; 2 Lava Cookies, 2 Energy Powders, 1 PokeDoll. Please note that unlike normal runs, balls break if they fail to capture a Pokemon. You may only use the items provided to you in your Entry Basket - this includes Digital Cameras, Pokeplayers, previously-obtained PokeDolls, etc. These items are for use during the event only and any left-overs are discarded when your Event Run ends.
9. The Event Run consists of 5 encounters, all from the selected Location. Once your 5 are done, your run is completed. Legendary Pokemon will not be encountered.
10. All battles in this event will be reffed using the URPG Reffing Calculator (this is for both the Trainer Pokemon and the Wild Pokemon). Because of this it may not be advantageous to use your most powerful moves.
11. It is not necessary to completely reach a Pokemon's MCR to attempt a capture but it is strongly advised that you do so.
12. All healing moves and healing secondary effects are negated (i.e. Slack Off, Aromatherapy, healing effect of Drain Punch, etc).
13. Escape Attempts are the same as normal except you may attempt repeatedly. The Wild Pokemon will not attack you after your first failure but will attack you once on each subsequent failure.
14. If your Pokemon faints your Event Run ends, but you may still choose a Captured Pokemon to be judged if you managed to capture one.
15. After the two weeks are over, you may submit one of your captured Pokemon to be evaluated. You can only take one of your captured Pokemon out of the Event and the one you can take will be determined by your score. It does not have to be the one you chose to be judged.
16. If a Ranger does not post within a 48 hour period of your last post, the Trainer may request another Ranger. Their run will then be extended by 48 hours. This may only happen once per Event Run.
17. The Event Run will last for no longer than 30 Trainer Posts or two weeks, whichever comes first. Once the Trainer has posted 30 times, their run will automatically end. For this reason, there should be no NBPs between battles.
18. You can participate in this run in addition to your ongoing Expedition, if you have one.
The Judges will be ChainReaction01, WinterVines, Bumblebee, and Dog of Hellsing. They are still able to participate in the event if they wish, but they cannot judge their own Pokemon. They will also watch all runs carefully to make sure that there is no in-Expedition bias or unfairness.
In battles for this event, you may order combo attacks like usual, but for every attack you perform the Wild Pokemon will respond with one. Example: You order a Seed Bomb + Shock Wave combo and the Wild Pokemon responds with Psychic and Power Gem. Keep in mind, retaliatory moves do not have to be attacking moves - they may be set-up or status moves.
Using an item counts as an attack, so healing your Pokemon will result in a retaliatory move from the Wild Pokemon.
1. The rank of the Pokémon caught 10PTS POSSIBLE
~Common = 2 point
~Uncommon = 4 points
~Borderline = 6 points
~Intermediate = 8 points
~Rare/Special = 10 points
2. Health of the Pokemon caught 10PTS POSSIBLE
~Pokemon @ 1-20% = 10 points
~Pokemon @ 21-40% = 7 points
~Pokemon @ 41-65% = 4 points
~Pokemon @ 61-80% = 1 point
~Pokemon @ 81-100% = 0 points
3. Status of the Pokemon caught 5 PTS POSSIBLE (additive)
~Pokemon is Frozen = 3 points
~Pokemon is Burned = 3 points
~Pokemon is Asleep = 2 points
~Pokemon is Toxiced = 2 points
~Pokemon is Paralyzed = 1 point
~Pokemon is Poisoned = 1 point
4. Effort 10PTS POSSIBLE
~Trainer was 10% or more below the MCR = 0 PTS
~Trainer was 5% or more below the MCR = 2 point
~Trainer met the MCR = 6 points
~Trainer went 10% over the MCR = 8 points
~Trainer went 20% or more over the MCR = 10 points
5. PPPP 5PTS POSSIBLE
~4 incidents = 0 points + run ends
~3 incidents = 1 point
~2 incidents = 2 points
~1 incidents = 4 points
~0 incident = 5 points
6. Finishing the run 10PTS POSSIBLE
~All five Encounters not finished before the Event ends = 0 points
~All five Encounters finished before the Event ends = 10 points
7. Health/Status of Remaining Pokémon 20PTS POSSIBLE
~Trainer's Pokemon @ <=10% HP = 0 points
~Trainer's Pokemon @ 11-25% HP = 4 points
~Trainer's Pokemon @ 26-40% HP = 8 points
~Trainer's Pokemon @ 41-60% HP = 12 points
~Trainer's Pokemon @ 61-80% HP = 16 points
~Trainer's Pokemon @ 81-100% HP = 20 points
~For Burn, Toxic, and Freeze; remove 2 points. For Poison, Sleep and Paralyze remove 1 point.
8. Grammar/Punctuation 10PTS POSSIBLE
~Posts were impossible to understand = 0 points
~Posts were very hard to understand = 2 point
~Posts were somewhat difficult to understand = 4 points
~Posts were slightly difficult to understand = 7 points
~Posts were clear = 10 points
9. Creativity of the Trainer 20PTS POSSIBLE
~Like the Bonus Rangers can normally give, this will be a personal choice with no outside modifiers
Score of 70+ : Bring out Rare/Special or lower
Score of 55+: Bring out Intermediate or lower.
Score of 40+: Bring out Borderline or lower.
Score of 20+: Bring out Uncommon or Common.
Score of 0+: Bring out Common.
During this event, Rangers shall use the URPG Reffing Calculator for all battles as opposed to our normal method of judging battles. Move accuracy rolls and Secondary effects like Freeze from Ice Beam or Flinch from Air Slash must be rolled and should be witnessed, but do not need to be posted. Status-inflicting moves like Thunder Wave and Will-o-Wisp should only be used as a penalty for a low quality post or unneeded damage to the Park or Wild Pokemon (i.e. cruelty). Escape Attempts and Capture Attempts must be witnessed and posted but in the appropriate Event Thread. Similar to previous Park Events, only a small amount of roleplay text should be posted in addition to the statistics. Lastly, the Wild Pokemon must use exactly one attack for every move the Trainer Pokemon uses. However, you may choose to broadcast the move the Wild Pokemon will use next to reward a good post. Example Post:
The Wild Gallade managed to hit the Espeon with it's Night Slash attack. The Espeon's Quick Attack + Bite combo hit perfectly as well. Furthermore, the Gallade's Thunderbolt missed, but it struck some bushes and a small fire is beginning to flare up. Now the Gallade is angry, and it is charging up energy for an Earthquake attack.
Current Battle Stats:
Espeon: 73%, SATK+1, SDEF+1 (used Quick Attack, Bite)
Gallade: 22%, DEF+1, ACC-1 (used Night Slash, Thunderbolt, using Earthquake)
Trainer: A. Person
Items: Pokeball, Superball, PokeDoll
Pokémon Encountered: Duskull, Claydol, Spiritomb, Gallade
Pokemon Captured: Duskull @ 15%, TOX, 9,153/9000 MCR
Calm Male Espeon: 73%
TM/HM: Hidden Power Fire, Grass Knot, Shadow Ball, Skill Swap, Sunny Day, Calm Mind, Reflect, Light Screen, Substitute, Protect, Psyshock
BM/SM/MT: Heal Bell, Stored Power, Signal Beam, Growth, Trick, Wish, Yawn, Charm
1st Place: 5,000 Park Shop Credits + Special Park Item + Free Park Entry Ticket
2nd Place: 3,500 Park Shop Credits + Free Park Entry Ticket
3rd Place: 1,500 Park Shop Credits + Free Park Entry Ticket
If you wish to sign up for this event, simply post your name and your 3k deduction in this thread along with the Pokemon you are going to use (include its Gender, Nature, Ability and EMs). Deduct the money from your stats at the time of posting. Sign-ups will last for approximately two weeks, and then the event will begin. Rangers, post in here to take runs, but remember that this event is about speed, so only take as many runs as you think you can handle.
If you have any questions or comments regarding this event, please post in the discussion thread.
Current Sign Ups:
Bumblebee - Taken by AmericanTreeFrog
AmericanTreeFrog - Taken by ChainReaction01
Gmandiddy - Taken by Akinai
Buoysel. - Taken by Gmandiddy
WebMaster - Taken by MaverickKaiser
EmmySCX - Taken by WebMaster
Akinai - Taken by Buoysel.
ChainReaction01 - Taken by AmericanTreeFrog
Black Reaper - Taken by WinterVines
MaverickKaiser - Taken by Akinai
Sky Lark - Taken by ChainReaction01
WinterVines - Taken ChainReaction01
Dog of Hellsing - Taken by Akinai
SLC - Taken by Gmadiddy
Kai-Mei - Taken by Buoysel.
Credit goes to Tyranitex for the original idea, and Bumblebee - Dog of Hellsing - ChainReaction01 - WinterVines for the development.