NBP #1

Ranger Chainy

OOC: @GWrando; Hey man, feel free to speak up if you have any questions. Let's have some fun!

~~~~~

It was stupid boiling hot at Mount Deckbi, even with the Outpost's AC cranked up to max. The outdated machine was making all kinds of deathly groans and thrashing noises as it tried to hold its own against the bone-splitting heat. I knew that I shouldn't be pushing the machine, but the only thing more legendary amongst the National Park Staff than my intolerance of heat was Leo's rampant skirt-chasing. In retrospect, perhaps being sent here to take an Expedition was Ivy's way of punishing me. She could be a real sneaky one.

I leaned back in my chair, wondering what I possibly could have done to offend her this time. I'd eaten the last bag of chips in the dispenser, but that was always first-come first-serve. I'd accidentally opened a door and caught her Crobat's wings in the hinge, but who was expecting Haxbat to be lurking in the men's toilets? I guess there'd also been that thing with the brunette, but to be fair, she'd winked at me. And everyone knew that I had auto-dibs on brunettes with hair past their shoulders.

The high-pitched clatter of my mechanical watch alarm began to sound, cutting through the silence like a sharp knife. This was the signal that my Trainer would be along at any minute. I'd already opened the gate, so all I had to do was wait on the outside bench for them to rock up. Thankfully, the bench was under the porch, so it would only be boiling hot as opposed to scorching hot. I got up and turned off the air conditioner. I fancied that I could feel the heat rise instantly, but of course that wasn't possible.

I certainly felt the heat when I opened the door. It was eerily similar to opening an oven. I forced myself to walk to the bench and sit down to wait for the Trainer. Hopefully he'd feel like investigating one of the canyons, the temperature was always a couple of degrees cooler in them.

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Name: Ran
Area Effects: 15 Encounters Remaining
Pokemon Encountered: N/A
Pokemon Captured: N/A
CC since last Encounter: 0

Pokemon Statistics:

Pokemon: Gyarados
Nickname: Henan
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Gentle
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Rock Smash

Name: Golem.gif Views: 97 Size: 1.0 KB
Pokemon: Golem
Nickname: Grimm
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Rash
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Rock Smash

Name: Froslass.png Views: 94 Size: 2.1 KB
Pokemon: Froslass
Nickname: Aurora
Ability: Snow Cloak
Nature: Bold
TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: N/A

Item Statistics:

Apricorn Box, 4 Park Balls, 2 Super Balls, 4 Soothing Fragrances, 3 Family Repellents, 2 Energy Powder Plus

~~~~~