Capture Contest: Chainreaction01 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Capture Contest: Chainreaction01

Angry about Outer Heavens ChainReaction01's Avatar

Default Re: Capture Contest: Chainreaction01

The Icy Wind worked exactly as I hoped it would. The blue winds curled around the Ghost-type, swirling like a tornado. The Golett started shivering and it retracted its arms and legs as far into its body as they could go in an attempt to fight off the cold. Small icicles began to grow around the Ghost-type's legs, and they didn't stop growing until the Pokemon's entire lower body was sheathed in ice. It tugged at the ice, but wasn't able to break free. The whole sight was kind of amusing and I couldn't keep down a small laugh. The Golett must have been annoyed because the shaking stopped almost instantly. It slowly bent down and picked up two big handfuls of mud. It took me a while to realise that the mud must have been formed by the moisture from Dual's Icy Wind attack.

Mud flew from the Golett's hands towards my Gallade. They passed straight through the Reflect shield on their way to the Psychic-type. The first glob landed on Dual's leg, and he groaned unhappily. The next one was much worse, though: it hit Dual smack-bang in his face. He recoiled and backed up a few steps, wiping at his face with his hands. Unfortunately, this caused the mud to streak across his eyes, impairing his vision even more than it was before.

"Dual, dab at it, don't rub!" I yelled.

<There's mud in my damn eyes,> the Gallade retorted angrily.

"If you don't dab, it's not going away," I said through gritted teeth.

Dual snorted, but started patting and pulled the mud away from his eyes with one knuckle instead of wiping at it with his entire palm. After about half a minute his vision was sufficiently restored for him to begin his Hypnosis. His red eyes become coated in a pearlescent shade of blue, and twin rings of the same colour expanded out from his eyes. He looked straight at the Golett, trying to get into eye contact with the Wild Pokemon. Unfortunately, the Automaton Pokemon wasn't buying it. Whether it had knowledge about the move, was used to seeing it used here in Meteor Valley by the local inhabitants (Hypnosis was a common move amongst Psychic and Ghost Pokemon) or just had really good instincts, the Ghost-type knew to look away. In response, the small blue Pokemon erected a white shield with its hands, which slowly grew to cover its entire body like a second skin. The soft white glow perfectly covered the Pokemon, and it looked like a defensive technique. I started chewing my lip, desperately trying to remember Golett's movepool and what move this could possibly be.

My eyes shot wide open and my jaw dropped. The white shield could only be one thing. It wasn't silver, so it wasn't an Iron Defense like before, and Substitutes usually made copies of the Pokemon as opposed to a shield. No, this was a Safeguard, a shield that belonged to the same family as Reflect and Light Screen. It lasted as long as the other shields, so waiting for it to wear off wasn't an option, but its effect was arguably more annoying - the user was completely protected from status conditions. That means I wouldn't be able to burn or toxic or even put the Golett to sleep to help with the capture. I swore loudly, and the word's sharp ending echoed around the tunnel. Dual switched off his Hypnosis and looked back at me, shocked. I didn't usually swear, but right now I was incredibly pissed off. Not only would the Golett be much harder to capture now, but I wouldn't get any bonus points for statusing the Pokemon. I guess it wasn't a big deal because it wouldn't look good for one of us Elite Rangers to win the first ever Catching Contest, but still, it irritated me.

"That bastardly Golett," I spat, lowering my head and trying to think. If status afflictions were out, the only option I had left was lowering its health to dangerous levels. I hated doing that, but I wasn't going to be able to capture the Ghost-type now without taking a couple risks. The problem was further complicated by the mud that was gunking up Dual's eyes - while he would have gotten off most of it, no doubt his vision was still impaired. I'd have to use a move with incredibly high accuracy. Swift came to mind immediately, but the Golett was Ghost-typed so the magical stars would be of no use. Next came Shock Wave, but that was useless too - Golurk's Ground typing negated electrical attacks, which made it a very valuable Ghost-type indeed. Aerial Ace was a possibility, but the quick strike required Dual to get close to his target, and even though the Golett was partially trapped in ice I didn't want Dual to get anywhere near it. The Gallade's physical defenses weren't great at the best of times.

All of these problems left only one move. Magical Leaf. It was super-effective and always hit, and because it was long-range Dual wouldn't need to get anywhere near the Automaton Pokemon. I just hoped that the damage wouldn't be too much for the sturdy little Pokemon to bear. My eyes narrowed as I inspected the Golett carefully - it was yanking and smashing at the ice, which wouldn't last much longer. No, I was sure of it - the Wild Pokemon could sustain one more supereffective hit.

"Dual, fire off another Magical Leaf," I commanded as my hand slowly moved towards the basket. My initial plan had been to burn the Golett and then put it to sleep before using a Great Ball. Now, however, I wasn't sure that the Great Ball would be enough. I doubted that I'd come across anything better as I only had one encounter left, and I wanted to be absolutely sure about this Golurk.

My Gallade closed his eyes and crossed his forearms over his face once more. The green energy gathered, and the remainders of the leaves that were still sticking into the Golurk seemed to shine brighter at the revival of the natural energy. I didn't know how the leaves always found their target - it could have been heat-seeking, life seeking, hell, for all I know they sought out conscious thought or were guided by an orbital satellite with x-ray vision. However they did it, they always hit, and that was what I was counting on now.

When the Magical Leaves were formed, Dual threw them. Instead of throwing them directly at his target like last time, however, he threw them in a circle. The leaves shot towards the tunnel walls for a second before curving sharply and readjusting their trajectory so they were aiming for the Golett. I pulled the Hyper Ball out of the basket and held it in my hands, which were slippery with sweat. The second the leaves had done their job, I'd tag the Pokemon and hopefully put an end to this battle.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter | Judge Chapter
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
    nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly

@ChainReaction01
    --

Post #9

/--\

Gallade hits out with another Magical Leaf before the Golett can Recover. While the Golett is stung, you throw a Hyperball. Golett is captured and you continue through the cave. You exit the cave and are confronted by a Xatu.

//--\\

Battle Stats

Gallade 63.23%
    VS
    Xatu 100%

//==\\

Trainer Info

Trainer Items: 3 x Parkballs, 2 x Superballs, 2 x Lava Cookie, Energy Powder, Pokedoll
    Area Effects: 1 Encounters Remaining
    Pokemon Encountered: ??? Mightyena ??? | ??? Wynaut ??? | ??? Mime Jr. ??? | G Golett Naughty + 3623CC | ??? Xatu ???
    Pokemon Captured:
    CC since last encounter: 0,000 | 25,000

Pokemon Stats:
    Serious Male Gallade @ Justified w/ EMs: HM01-Cut, HM04-Strength, HM05-Flash, HM08-Rock Smash, TM06-Toxic, TM15-Hyper Beam, TM24-Thunderbolt, TM26-Earthquake, TM33-Reflect, TM44-Rest, TM45-Thunder Wave, TM48-Rock Slide, TM50-Substitute, TM58-Psych Up, TM59-Hidden Power[DRAGON], TM60-Sunny Day, TM65-Rain Dance, TM67-Endure, TM68-Frustration, TM71-Return, TM72-Shadow Ball, TM75-Swagger, TM76-Sleep Talk, TM82-Attract, TM83-Thief, TM88-Focus Punch, TM93-Bulk Up, TM95-Taunt, TM96-Light Screen, TM97-Safeguard, TM98-Brick Break, TM99-Shock Wave, TM101-Rock Tomb, TM102-Aerial Ace, TM103-Torment, TM104-Facade, TM105-Secret Power, TM106-Skill Swap, TM107-Snatch, TM110-Focus Blast, TM114-Fling, TM115-Charge Beam, TM117-Drain Punch, TM118-Will-o-Wisp, TM123-Recycle, TM124-Giga Impact, TM126-Stone Edge, TM130-Captivate, TM132-X-Scissor, TM133-Natural Gift, TM134-Poison Jab, TM135-Grass Knot, TM139-Trick Room, TM141-Psyshock, TM143-Telekinesis, TM147-Low Sweep, TM148-Round, TM149-Echoed Round, TM150-Ally Switch, TM156-Retaliation, TM159-Bulldoze, TM162-Work Up, Confuse Ray, Shadow Sneak, Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Pain Split, Encore, Thunderpunch, Wish, Mean Look, Mirror Coat, Vacuum Wave, Disable, Destiny Bond, Trick, Memento, Zen Headbutt, Magic Coat, Icy Wind, Low Kick, Swift, Snore, Knock Off, Mud-Slap, Grudge, Nightmare, Double-Edge, Signal Beam, Sing, Mimic, Defense Curl, Body Slam, Synchronoise, Headbutt | 63.23%
    League of Legends SN: ATF Crysis

Angry about Outer Heavens ChainReaction01's Avatar

OOC: @AmericanTreeFrog

Dual's Magical Leaves all struck the Golett at the same time, knocking it onto the ground. It struggled to get up, but it couldn't do so. I knew that right now would be the best time to try and capture it; the Ghost-type wouldn't be able to withstand another hit.

I threw the Hyper Ball towards the Pokemon, and it struck the Golett's blue armour. The Wild Pokemon was absorbed into the capture device, where it shook back and forth for a couple seconds before laying still. A grin spread across my face and I grabbed the sphere gleefully.

"Great job!" I congratulated my Gallade.

<No problem,> he said roughly before wiping vigorously at his face with his hands. I sighed and pushed them away before cleaning his face with a bandage from my medkit.

"You big wuss," I chided him. I stashed the dirty padding away and together we continued down the tunnel. Somewhat surprisingly, after a couple of turns I saw light up ahead. I was careful to take it slow and look down at the ground instead of straight into the light - doing that could blind me, but by watching neutral tones that gradually increased in brightness I could retain my eye functions.

When my eyes were fully restored to working in bright sunlight, I took a look around the tunnel exit. There didn't seem to be anything of interest, so I took a couple steps outside. That was when a Xatu fluttered down and perched on a rock in front of me. It cawed at me and held its wings in that weird angular fashion that was unique to its species.

My fingers twitched. I really wanted to try and capture it - the Xatu reminded me of River Tam, Buzz's Xatu, which was supposed to be the strongest Xatu in the entirety of the Pokemon League. Still, I knew I'd only be able to withdraw one Pokemon from this event, and I wanted the Golett more than I wanted this Xatu. Furthermore, Dual had taken a beating from the last battle - I wasn't sure he'd be able to get past this one as well. Flying attacks were the only kind of attacks he actually feared.

"Not today, sorry," I said to the Xatu as I reached for the PokeDoll in my backpack. "But I'll try to come back another time."

I threw the doll towards the Xatu, and then I reached for the other Energy Powder packet, intending to give it to Dual. Sure, he probably didn't need it now that my Contest Expedition was over, but part of the judging criteria was how healthy your Pokemon was at the end, so Dual had to look his best. As soon as we got past this Xatu, I'd feed it to him.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter | Judge Chapter
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
    nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly

@ChainReaction01

Post #10

Completed Run

/--\

You throw the doll to Xatu and proceeded past the distracted Pokemon. You reach the gates of Meteor Valley and you run is over.

//==\\

Trainer Info

Trainer Items: 3 x Parkballs, 2 x Superballs, 2 x Lava Cookie, Energy Powder
    Area Effects: 0 Encounters Remaining
    Pokemon Encountered: ??? Mightyena ??? | ??? Wynaut ??? | ??? Mime Jr. ??? | G Golett Naughty + 3623CC | ??? Xatu ???
    Pokemon Captured: G Golett Naughty + 3623ExCC
    CC since last encounter:

Pokemon Stats:
    Serious Male Gallade @ Justified w/ EMs: HM01-Cut, HM04-Strength, HM05-Flash, HM08-Rock Smash, TM06-Toxic, TM15-Hyper Beam, TM24-Thunderbolt, TM26-Earthquake, TM33-Reflect, TM44-Rest, TM45-Thunder Wave, TM48-Rock Slide, TM50-Substitute, TM58-Psych Up, TM59-Hidden Power[DRAGON], TM60-Sunny Day, TM65-Rain Dance, TM67-Endure, TM68-Frustration, TM71-Return, TM72-Shadow Ball, TM75-Swagger, TM76-Sleep Talk, TM82-Attract, TM83-Thief, TM88-Focus Punch, TM93-Bulk Up, TM95-Taunt, TM96-Light Screen, TM97-Safeguard, TM98-Brick Break, TM99-Shock Wave, TM101-Rock Tomb, TM102-Aerial Ace, TM103-Torment, TM104-Facade, TM105-Secret Power, TM106-Skill Swap, TM107-Snatch, TM110-Focus Blast, TM114-Fling, TM115-Charge Beam, TM117-Drain Punch, TM118-Will-o-Wisp, TM123-Recycle, TM124-Giga Impact, TM126-Stone Edge, TM130-Captivate, TM132-X-Scissor, TM133-Natural Gift, TM134-Poison Jab, TM135-Grass Knot, TM139-Trick Room, TM141-Psyshock, TM143-Telekinesis, TM147-Low Sweep, TM148-Round, TM149-Echoed Round, TM150-Ally Switch, TM156-Retaliation, TM159-Bulldoze, TM162-Work Up, Confuse Ray, Shadow Sneak, Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Pain Split, Encore, Thunderpunch, Wish, Mean Look, Mirror Coat, Vacuum Wave, Disable, Destiny Bond, Trick, Memento, Zen Headbutt, Magic Coat, Icy Wind, Low Kick, Swift, Snore, Knock Off, Mud-Slap, Grudge, Nightmare, Double-Edge, Signal Beam, Sing, Mimic, Defense Curl, Body Slam, Synchronoise, Headbutt | 100%
    League of Legends SN: ATF Crysis

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12