Basics: Nitro - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Basics: Nitro

Default Re: Basics: Nitro

@Nitro - Wasn’t quite sure if you wanted the capture yet, but I decided to err with caution.
    Ranger: Gaius Tyrannius
    Trainer: John Webster Shay
    Area: Enigma Ruins
    BP #4
    /--\

Despite the very low amount of damage that Slowpoke’s Water Pulse did, Dragonite was not at all pleased by the attack. As if to illustrate her point, she roared loudly. John didn’t seem very perturbed by it as he called out his next attack. “Don’t mind that, Cloyster! We’re just going to wrap things up now! Use Thunder Wave!”

A common combo of trainers was to inflict a status condition on Pokemon they were trying to catch because it increased the capture rate of that Pokemon. Because John had been around I wasn’t at all surprised to see the Thunder Wave move, I had been expecting it when he switched his Scizor out.

As Dragonite started to charge the electricity gathering around her antenna, the Slowpoke’s eyes started to glow pink. Those eyes usually meant one thing, a Psychic attack was being used. Since Slowpoke was part Psychic, this wasn’t that surprising. That pink glow surrounded Dragonite and moment and slammed the much larger Pokemon into the ground.

Dragonite winced, but held her focus on the Thunder Wave. When it had built up enough the Dragonite aimed the charge at Slowpoke and fired. A shockwave of blue energy rippled from the great Dragon and spread towards Slowpoke. Soon as the blue electricity connected with Slowpoke, the Pokemon dropped its Psychic hold on Dragonite as the electricity wracked its body.

A Pokeball came sailing from John’s direction to strike Slowpoke. The Slowpoke was sucked inside with a flash of light. The Pokeball started to wiggle as the Pokemon struggled to escape, but it was too no avail, Slowpoke was captured. I walked over and grabbed the ball. I hooked it to my belt and turned to John.

“That’s one capture. You want to move on?”

//--\\

Battle Stats

Dragonite 90.15%{Used Thunder Wave)
    VS
    Slowpoke 13.02%[+1Atk-Def][-1Spd][+2 SpecDef]{Used Psychic}

Trainer Info

Name: John Webster Shay
    Trainer Items: 4 x Park balls, 2 x Energy Powder, 3 x Hyper Ball, 2 x Super Ball. Digital Camera, Frillish Voice Disk, Apricorn Box[Blue, 4 x Red, White x2, Yellow].
    Area Effects: 14 Encounters Remaining |
    Pokemon Encountered: ??? Unown ??? | ??? Koffing ??? | ??? Snubbull ??? | ??? Diglett ??? | ??? Chikorita ??? | Female Slowpoke Bashful |
    Pokemon Captured: F Slowpoke Bashful
    CC since last encounter: 0,000 | 0,000

Pokemon Stats:
    Modest | Male | Scizor @ Technician w/ EMs: TM Brick Break, TM U-Turn, TM Roost, TM Aerial Ace, TM Return, TM Hidden Power Rock, TM Protect, TM Substitute, TM Light Screen, TM Rain Dance, TM Toxic, TM Rest, BM Baton Pass, MT Bug Bite, MT Superpower | 82.96%

Bashful | Female | Dragonite @ Inner Multiscale w/ EMs: TM Flamethrower, TM ThunderBolt, TM Ice Beam, TM Substitute, TM Protect, HM Surf, HM Waterfall, TM Earthquake, TM Dragon Pulse, TM Return, TM Stone Edge, TM Dragon Claw, TM Ice Punch, TM Roar, TM Thunder, TM Brick Break, TM Fire Blast, TM Focus Blast, TM Hidden Power Ice, TM Reflect, TM Light Screen, TM Rain Dance, TM Sunny Day, TM Curse, TM Rest, TM Toxic, BM ExtremeSpeed, MT Draco Meteor, SM Heal Bell, MT Superpower | 90.15%

League of Legends SN: ATF Crysis

Blog Entries

OOC: LOL didn't want the capture yet, but hey, I'll take it. Sorry for the half-assed post btw, it's kind of getting late but I wanted to just get this one over with.

Dragonite's Thunder Wave crashed into Slowpoke, and now I tossed the Park Ball at the paralyzed Pokemon. The Pokemon was sucked into the Park Ball, and the ball began rolling around on the ground. It wiggled a little, but stopped quickly. I wasn't surprised - I felt like I had really dealt a number to that Pokemon.

"That’s one capture. You want to move on?" Gaius asked me.

I nodded. "Let's keep going." I wondered if I would see anything else of note in this run. Hopefully I would, but my odds weren't particularly great. I shrugged. Whatever, I would get to take home four Pokemon, and it had only cost me $2000 to get in this event run in a brand new area. I had no real reason to be complaining.

I GOT MONEY IN MY BANK ACCOUNT, FUCK A BANK ACCOUNT - SOULJA BOY

[18:11] [Ranger Alliance]: (webdragoon1337) nitro, you in here?
    [18:11] Nitro: hello
    [18:12] [Ranger Alliance]: (webdragoon1337) knew there was another cool guy in here

[URPG Chat]
    3:44:43 (silverxchrome) Nitro is attractive. Source: I'm a girl.

@Nitro
    NBP #11
    /--\

“Let’s keep going,” was all John said in response to my question. I shrugged and wait for the Enigma Ruins to change once more. Which they promptly did a moment later.

Instead of the lake area we were just in, this area was a vast forest, easily marking it as the Woods, a place we had already been before. So far in this area we hadn’t found much that was of interest to John, so I was doubting we would find something interesting now, but it could never hurt to remain hopeful.

I walked forward and began to search for our next encounter, careful to keep a good watch. This was an area with many powerful Pokemon, even though we could only find lower Pokemon, some of those Pokemon could pack a punch if they got the drop on us.

After a few minutes I finally spotted an encounter. It was a green Pokemon about a foot long and it was segmented with a lot of legs. It’s bulbous black eyes and facial markings gave it away as one of the most common Pokemon ever to be seen. It was a Caterpie. I grimaced and looked over at John. The Caterpie was spinning a net for itself in a tree, and it hadn’t spotted us yet. So if John didn’t want the Pokemon, which I thought to be highly likely, then he should let me know right away so we could get away from the Pokemon.

//--\\

Trainer Info

Trainer Items: 4 x Park balls, 2 x Energy Powder, 3 x Hyper Ball, 2 x Super Ball. Digital Camera, Frillish Voice Disk, Apricorn Box[Blue, 4 x Red, White x2, Yellow].
    Area Effects: 13 Encounters Remaining |
    Pokemon Encountered: ??? Unown ??? | ??? Koffing ??? | ??? Snubbull ??? | ??? Diglett ??? | ??? Chikorita ??? | Female Slowpoke Bashful | ??? Caterpie ???
    CC since last encounter: 0,700 | 4,000

Pokemon Stats:
    Modest | Male | Scizor @ Technician w/ EMs: TM Brick Break, TM U-Turn, TM Roost, TM Aerial Ace, TM Return, TM Hidden Power Rock, TM Protect, TM Substitute, TM Light Screen, TM Rain Dance, TM Toxic, TM Rest, BM Baton Pass, MT Bug Bite, MT Superpower | 82.96%

Bashful | Female | Dragonite @ Inner Multiscale w/ EMs: TM Flamethrower, TM ThunderBolt, TM Ice Beam, TM Substitute, TM Protect, HM Surf, HM Waterfall, TM Earthquake, TM Dragon Pulse, TM Return, TM Stone Edge, TM Dragon Claw, TM Ice Punch, TM Roar, TM Thunder, TM Brick Break, TM Fire Blast, TM Focus Blast, TM Hidden Power Ice, TM Reflect, TM Light Screen, TM Rain Dance, TM Sunny Day, TM Curse, TM Rest, TM Toxic, BM ExtremeSpeed, MT Draco Meteor, SM Heal Bell, MT Superpower | 90.15%

Blog Entries

We continued trudging along, and the Great Lakes morphed into a forested area. The trees stood tall and there was little space between them - this was the Forest. My odds of finding something worthwhile here were stacked against me, although I held out hope that whatever the Enigma Ruins brought to me would be cool.

Nope. Gaius pointed out an ordinary-looking Caterpie. We hadn't seemed to attract its attention yet, meaning we may be able to get past it without any unnecessary hassle.

I shook my head at Gaius silently. He had probably already expected this answer, so we should be able to move on quickly without alerting the Caterpie.

[18:12] [Ranger Alliance]: (webdragoon1337) knew there was another cool guy in here

[URPG Chat]

@Nitro
    NBP #12
    /--\

John shook his head at me silently, telling me all I needed to know about the Caterpie. People very rarely caught this Pokemon, which due to the Pokemon being weak wasn’t at all surprising in the slightest. Caterpie was in a list of Pokemon that if I saw them get captured I would be surprised.

Since I was ready for his response I quickly moved us out of the area. After we had walked about twenty feet the the ruins’ decided a change was in the works once more. The new area was one we had just been in no more than ten minutes previously, the Great Lakes.

“Hope you want another Water Pokemon,” I commented.

Instead of being by a lake, this time we were next to a small creek. The water was just deep enough that it would go up past our ankles, and wide enough that we would have to wade across it. Swimming in a calm part of the water was a fish Pokemon, a Remoraid to be exact.

“What about those? I hear they can be good if trained correctly.”

//--\\

Trainer Info

Area Effects: 12 Encounters Remaining |
    Pokemon Encountered: ??? Unown ??? | ??? Koffing ??? | ??? Snubbull ??? | ??? Diglett ??? | ??? Chikorita ??? | Female Slowpoke Bashful | ??? Caterpie ??? | ??? Remoraid ??? |
    CC since last encounter: 0,000 | 9,000

Pokemon Stats:

Blog Entries

@AmericanTreeFrog

We quietly crept past the Caterpie, and thankfully, we didn't attract its attention. This saved me a little bit of money, though in all honesty I probably would have just battled the thing.

We kept moving, and this time, the landscape transformed back into my battle site from earlier: the Great Lakes. Unlike the Forest, the Lakes held a lot of potential. Last time I saw a Slowpoke - I hoped for something better this time.

"Hope you want another Water Pokemon," Gaius commented, and I certainly did. There were a couple of Water-types I wouldn't say no to.

I spotted my next encounter swimming around my ankles. I pulled back my foot in surprise, then frowned at the small silver fish I was looking at. A Remoraid like this wasn't what I had been looking for. Octillery looked pretty neat, but to me, they weren't worth much.

"What about those? I hear they can be good if trained correctly," Gaius asked.

"Nah, let's keep going," I said.

[URPG Chat]

@Nitro
    NBP #13
    /--\

John took a look at the fish Pokemon and decided it wouldn’t be worth it. He said, “Nah, ;et’s keep going.”

I turned away from the river and started to led us away from it when a jet of water shot from the river to hit me in the back of the head. I yelped in surprised and turned to see that the Remoraid was now facing us, a stern expression on its features.

I wiped the water away from hair and turned to John. “Do you want to buy a Pokedoll and give it to this little heathen, or do you want to battle it?”

John of course already knew this, but it was my job to state such things and make sure everything went along without breaking the rules. It could be a tad boring for me at times, but at least I got paid well and watching some of the battles was fun.

//--\\

Trainer Info

Area Effects: 12 Encounters Remaining |
    Pokemon Encountered: ??? Unown ??? | ??? Koffing ??? | ??? Snubbull ??? | ??? Diglett ??? | ??? Chikorita ??? | Female Slowpoke Bashful | ??? Caterpie ??? | ??? Remoraid ??? |
    CC since last encounter: 0,000 | 9,000

Pokemon Stats:

Blog Entries

@AmericanTreeFrog

Sorry ATF, I forgot to tell you that I was going to leave for a little bit to focus on exams and stuff... I'm back now, but uh, I don't really feel like continuing on this. So, I'm going to wrap up my run here. Thanks, and sorry again for forgetting to tell you about the leaving thing

[URPG Chat]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123