Thread: Basics: Arctic Penguin

Default Re: Basics: Arctic Penguin

OOC: @Arctic Penguin
    Ranger: Gaius Tyrannius
    Trainer: Twyla Brainsmasher
    Area: Enigma Ruins
    BP #4
    /--\

Twyla seemed amused by the battle as a whole, which wasn’t an entirely bad thing. She just needed to remember to keep her attention on the battle and not let her thoughts wander too much. If she did so then she ran the risk of letting Chikorita take control of the battle and injury her Chimchar further.

She turned to me and stared at me with a look I recognized, and therefore knew what was coming next. “Nothing is ever easy these days, are they? Well, at least not for you since you’re a workaholic!” She broke into laughter and continued. “I’m sorry. Not really. I couldn’t help it. You’re just one of those people that are easy to make fun of. It’s not your fault though.” As she continued to laugh harder her Chimchar looked at her with an expression somewhere between annoyance and exasperation.

She finally noticed the concerned look from her Pokemon and turned to him. “Sorry there, bud. I was making fun of Gaius, but my attention is now on you. I promise.” Chimchar looked doubtful about how sincere she was, but seemed somewhat mollified as he returned his attention to the feisty Chikorita.

“Flame Wheel again,” Twyla ordered.

She really needed to change up her moves. Soon enough the Chikorita would be able to counter that move easily enough because she kept on picking it. Chimchar did know a good variety of moves, she only needed to remember or look them up.

As Chimchar bounded into the air for another Flame Wheel, the Chikorita also bounced in the air. Both Pokemon collided midair, and the force sent both Pokemon back to their respective sides, with Chikorita suffering the worst of the damage. I saw some burn marks on her skin and knew that she been burned, which not only caused damage, but lowered her ability to use physical moves as they did less damage.

I fixed a look on Twyla. “You will not be able to use another super effective move, or maybe another attacking move because any powerful move might knock out the Pokemon with the burn doing damage.”

//--\\

Battle Stats

Chimchar 66.43%{Used Flame Wheel}
    VS
    Chikorita 28.85%[Brn][LS-3][R-2]{Used Reflect}

Trainer Info

Name: Twyla Brainsmasher
    Trainer Items: Park Ball x 3.
    Area Effects: 15 Encounters Remaining |
    Pokemon Encountered: F Tentacool Lax | ??? Squirtle ??? | ??? Seel ??? | ??? Barboach ??? | F Chikorita ???
    Pokemon Captured: F Tentacool Lax |
    CC since last encounter: 11,782 | 15,000
    Pokemon Stats:
    Sassy | Female | Haunter @ Levitate w/ EMs: None | 100%

Jolly | Male | Chimchar @ Blaze w/ EMs: None | 100%

League of Legends SN: ATF Crysis

OOC: @AmericanTreeFrog

Chimchar bounded into the air the same type Chikorita did. They clashed together and landed back on their respective sides. The Chikorita suffered more damage then Chimchar did. She had burn marks on her green body. That caused a serious problem for her. She wouldn’t be able to use physical moves cause the burn would lower her attack.

Gaius focused on me. “You will not be able to use another super effective move, or maybe another attacking move because any powerful move might knock out the Pokemon with the burn doing damage.”

I wanted so bad to say something smart, but I forced a smile on my face and nodded. I was trying not to make the Pokemon faint. But if he wanted to put his two cents in, then who was I to blame him for stating the obvious?

I sighed and dug deep into my mind to remember what other moves Chimchar knew that wouldn’t do much damage. I could use Leer then Scratch, but that might even kill it. Damn it! Why is everything so hard? I threw my hands up in frustration and glared at the Chikorita.

“I’m not enjoying the fact that you’re burned, you know. I can’t use super effective moves ‘cause of it!” That last word was aid a little loudly.

I rubbed the back of my neck and yawned. Boy, was this day getting to me. I was so tired. as much as I loved sleep, I was a night owl. If I went to sleep before eleven, Then I’d wake up a few hours later and it would take forever for me to go back to sleep.

I yawned again and focused on the Chikorita. There wasn’t many moves the Grass Pokemon could use considering that it was week and against Fire types. I really wanted that Pokemon. She would be the first Grass to be added to my team. She looked beat up and tired. I looked down. So did Chimchar but not as much as the Chikorita.

I needed to wro this up before either one of them got hurt any more. Gaius would take the Chikorita as soon as I caught it. Just like he did the Tentacool. At the end of this trip, I would have four new Pokemon to add to the four I already. I was hoping to add a few more. But we’ll see how that turns out.

I looked down at Chimchar and ran my hand through his hair to get his attention. “You won’t be able to use any more Fire moves. They will kill the Chikorita and then I will be very unhappy. I want you to use Taunt, okay? Then after the Chikorita all riled up use Scratch. But don’t make it look too obvious when you use Scratch.”

Chimchar smiled up at me and nodded his head before focusing on the burned Grass Pokemon. He smiled evilly at the Chikorita as he prepared his move.

^ Credits to Blue Dragon

BP #5
    /--\

Twyla turned to the battle and frowned. She must have gone through a couple of attacks and thrown them out because she sighed and said, “I’m not enjoying the fact that you’re burned, you know. I can’t use super effective moves ‘cause of it!”

She walked over to her Chimchar and run her fingers through his hair. “You won’t be able to use any more Fire moves. They will kill the Chikorita, and then I will be very unhappy. I want you to use Taunt, okay? Then after the Chikorita is all riled up, use Scratch, but don’t make it look too obvious when you use Scratch.”

The Chimchar gave Twyla a smile before turning to Chikorita, cracking an evil smile as it do so. Chimchar turned around and wagged his butt and Chikorita, while sticking his tongue out and pulled the skin around the eye down.

I was sure if Chikorita could burst into flames it would have done so, the Chikorita was quite mad. It growled low and the rocks around it began to levitate in the air. With another cry those rocks were sent spinning towards the Chimchar. The monkey Pokemon dodged a few of them by jumping atop them, but it couldn’t dodge them all and was hit by three of them.

Chimchar climbed to its feet after being knocked down and charged the Chikorita, its hand raised and claws glittering in the sun. Chikorita tried to backpedal and get out of the way, but ti was too slow. Chimchar raked the Pokemon with his claws and jumped back, but not before Chikorita retaliated.

Chikorita lashed out with its head-leaf and a ball of green energy flew out and latched on Chimchar. The ball of energy completely surrounded Chimchar for a second before returning to Chikorita. The move was Giga Drain, something that would heal Chikorita slightly.

//--\\

Battle Stats

Chimchar 66.43%{Used Taunt | Scratch}
    VS
    Chikorita 5.73%[T2][Brn][R-4]{Used Ancient Power | Giga Drain}

Trainer Info

Pokemon Encountered: F Tentacool Lax | ??? Squirtle ??? | ??? Seel ??? | ??? Barboach ??? | F Chikorita ???
    Pokemon Captured: F Tentacool Lax |
    CC since last encounter: 14,316 | 15,000

Pokemon Stats:

Jolly | Male | Chimchar @ Blaze w/ EMs: None | 100%

Chimchar turned around and shook his butt at the Chikorita. While doing that he suck out his tongue and blew a raspberry and pulled done his eyelid.

I started laughing so hard. Seeing Chimchar shake his butt was freaking hilarious! I looked at the Chikorita and noticed that she looked about ready to burst into flames. She looked so pissed off.

She growled at Chimchar andthe rocks on the ground around it started to move before levitating in the air. She let out anouther cry and sent the rocks hurling in in His direction.

He managed to dodge a few but not all of them. Three of them hit him, sending Chimchar flying through the air. Chimchar got back on his feet and charged the Chikorita. He raised his hand and I could see his claws gleaming in the sun light. He raked his claws across the Chikorita as she tried to backpedal, but was to late.

Chikorita retaliated and whipped her head in Chimchar direction. A green orb flew from her and enveloped Chimchar. Then it made its way back to the Chikorita.

I called Chimchar over to me and told him good job. Then I pulled out a Park Ball adn threw it at the Chikorita. A bright light flashed as the Ball captured the Chikorita within it. I watched as the Ball shook. Waiting to see if I caught it.

^ Credits to Blue Dragon

NBP #9
    /--\

Twyla broke into fits of laughter at her Pokemon using Taunt, but focused on the other attacks that started to get exchanged between the two Pokemon. She watched the two with an intent look on her face, and when it ended she snapped into action.

She called her tired Chimchar to her side and pulled out another Park Ball. She took careful aim at the Chikorita and chucked it at the Pokemon. The Chikorita was much too tired to defend itself against the Park Ball and it was sucked inside.

The ball fell to the earth and started to wiggle something fierce. The wiggling went on for what seemed like minutes, but was in reality only a minute, which was still pretty long. I thought the ball was about to pop open when the item sounded off, signaling the Pokemon was caught.

My face broke into a smile as I retrieved the Pokemon. “Really nice battle there. You want to take a moment to rest?”

//--\\

Trainer Info

Pokemon Captured: F Tentacool Lax | F Chikorita Hasty |
    CC since last encounter: 15,561 | 15,000
    Pokemon Stats:

Jolly | Male | Chimchar @ Blaze w/ EMs: None | 66.43%

I watched the Poke Ball like a hawk. After a minute, the Poke Ball made a sound, letting me and Gaius know that I had caught the Pokemon. A smile split Gaius’s face as he retrieved the Pokemon and dropped the Ball in his bag.

“Really nice battle there. You wanna to take a moment to rest?”

I smiled myself and tried to contain the squeal that I was desperate to release.

“Sure.”

I pulled out a Poke Ball and called Chimchar back. He needed to rest more then I did. I plopped my butt on the ground and tilted my head back so the sun shone on my face.

^ Credits to Blue Dragon

NBP #10
    /--\

“Sure,” Twyla said, absolutely ecstatic that she had caught the Chikorita. She recalled her Chimchar and sat on the ground, just resting for a moment. I leaned my back against a tree and waited.

After ten minutes I said to Twyla,” Alright, let’s get going now. We still have a lot of Pokemon to find.”

No sooner had the words left my mouth when a Pokemon landed on a tree branch and began to chirp. It was gray and white, a Starly. Starly were a Normal and Flying type that had a high attack stat. While not too powerful, it would do some real harm on a good team.

“You want that Starly over there?” I asked the young woman.

//--\\

Trainer Info

Trainer Items: Park Ball x 2.
    Area Effects: 14 Encounters Remaining |
    Pokemon Encountered: F Tentacool Lax | ??? Squirtle ??? | ??? Seel ??? | ??? Barboach ??? | F Chikorita Hasty | ??? Starly ???
    Pokemon Stats:

Gaius leaned back against a tree and and waited for me to go.

I soaked up the sun for a few more minutes before deciding to get up. But Gauis bat me to it.

“Alright, let’s get going now. We still have a lot of Pokemon to find.”

Not even 30 seconds after he said that did a Pokemon land on a tree across from us and chirp.

“You want that Starly over there?” Gaius asked me.

I scrunched up my nose and didn’t even think twice. “No. I’m not into too flying types that much, but I’ll make an exception for Crobat. If it doesn’t go away then I’ll have to battle it.” I stuck my hands in my pockets and pulled them out. “I don’t have any money.”

^ Credits to Blue Dragon

NBP #11
    /--\

Twyla’s face scrunched up i disgust, and she reached into her pockets. “No, I’m not into Flying types that much, but I’ll make an exception for Crobat. If it doesn’t go away then I’ll have to battle it.” When she discovered she had no money she said, “I don’t have any money.”

I turned to see what the Starly would do and was just in time to see the Pokemon fly away. I shrugged at Twyla and continued off, looking for another Pokemon that she could catch or get away from. She had already caught two, so I didn’t believe we would be here much longer.

We had only been walking about five minutes before I spotted a small flower looking Pokemon drinking from a small stream. It was a Cherubi, a Pokemon that i rarely saw, this was only my second time.

“You want a Cherubi?”

//--\\

Trainer Info

Area Effects: 13 Encounters Remaining |
    Pokemon Encountered: F Tentacool Lax | ??? Squirtle ??? | ??? Seel ??? | ??? Barboach ??? | F Chikorita Hasty | ??? Starly ??? | ??? Cherubi ??? |
    Pokemon Stats:

Gaius turned to look at the Starly, but it had already flown off. He shrugged at me and coninued on. We weren’t even walking that long before he stopped and pointed out a flower Pokemon drinking water from a stream..

He looked at me. “You want a Cherubi?”

I answered without looking at him. “As much as I like Grass Pokemon, I’m gonna have to pass. I’m leaning toward leaving.”

I sighed as I stared at the Pokemon. It was really cute, but it held no interest to me. My favorite Grass type if Bulbasaur. Why? I have no idea. It just is.

I looked at Gaius. “Yeah I don’t want it. Think we can get away?”

^ Credits to Blue Dragon

NBP #12
    /--\

“As much as I like Grass Pokemon, I’m gonna have to pass. I’m leaning towards leaving anyway,” she explained, not even looking at the new Pokemon. She looked up at me and said, “Yeah, I don’t want it. Think we can get away?”

“I don’t think so,” I stated when the Cherubi started to edge closer to us, a mean gleam in its eyes. The little Grass Pokemon was looking to fight, meaning that Twyla would have to deal with the Pokemon. She could either buy a Pokedoll or battle, she just had to choose what she wanted to do.

//--\\

Trainer Info

Area Effects: 13 Encounters Remaining |
    Pokemon Encountered: F Tentacool Lax | ??? Squirtle ??? | ??? Seel ??? | ??? Barboach ??? | F Chikorita Hasty | ??? Starly ??? | ??? Cherubi ??? |
    Pokemon Stats:

“I don’t think so,” Gaius said when the Cherubi scooted closer to us.

“It looks like a cherry. I loved cherries. They are one of my favorite fruit. But too bad oranges more,” I said.

I sighed and unclipped a Poke Ball from my belt. Chimchar took the last battle, so Haunter could have this one. I smiled when she appeared out of her ball. I nodded at Cherubi and gave one command.

“Confuse Ray. Don’t make it look so obvious.”

She nodded and went work. Haunter just flooted there in front of me. It looked like she was ignoring everybody. I shrugged and watched as she smiled evilly at the Cherubi.

^ Credits to Blue Dragon

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123