Basics: Arctic Penguin - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Basics: Arctic Penguin

Default Re: Basics: Arctic Penguin

OOC: @AmericanTreeFrog

Gaius shrugged and continued to lead us down the sandy path. The scenery didn’t change so I could only assume that it would be another water Pokemon. I shook my head and looked around me. Sand was everywhere. The pond was behind us and sand lay before us. Trees towered shot into the sky and the sun beet down on us.

I almost jumped out of my skin when Gaius spoke.

“There is a Squirtle over.” He pointed out where an orange shell stuck out of the sand. “You can try to catch it if you want.”

I thought about it for a moment before shaking my head no. “Nah. I’m not that big on water Pokemon. Lets keep moving. Besides, I can always buy a doll if it decides to be a P.A.B.”

^ Credits to Blue Dragon

OOC: @Arctic Penguin
    Ranger: Gaius Tyrannius
    Trainer: Twyla Brainsmasher
    Area: Enigma Ruins
    NBP #5
    /--\

“Nah,” Arctic said, after a moment of thought. “I’m not that big on Water Pokemon. Let’s keep moving. Besides, I can always buy a doll if it decides to be a P.A.B.”

I raised my eyebrows at her last comment. Only a few people knew exactly what that term meant, so I was wondering where she had learned it from. I was going to ask her just that when the Squirtle looked up at us. As it studied us with an intense look I thought for sure it would charge us, but instead it buried its head back in the sand and let us go.

“Come on, let’s continue along this river for a little but until the place changes or we run into another Pokemon.”

I lead us past the Pokemon and to the small river. The river was fairly small in size if compared to most, but still deep enough that one would have to swim to cross it. Just as we reached its edge a small white and furry Pokemon popped out of the water. It had a tongue hanging out of its mouth and a small horn, it was a Seel.

“You want adorable on your team?” I asked Twyla.

//--\\

Trainer Info

Name: Twyla Brainsmasher
    Trainer Items: Park Ball x 3.
    Area Effects: 17 Encounters Remaining |
    Pokemon Encountered: F Tentacool Lax | ??? Squirtle ??? | ??? Seel ???
    Pokemon Captured: F Tentacool Lax |
    CC since last encounter: 0,479 | 15,000

Pokemon Stats:
    Sassy | Female | Haunter @ Levitate w/ EMs: None | 100%

Jolly | Male | Chimchar @ Blaze w/ EMs: None | 100%

League of Legends SN: ATF Crysis

Gaius raised his eyebrows at my last comment. But didn’t say anything about it.

The Squirtle poked its head out of the sand and stared at us. Finally deciding that we weren’t worth it, it buried its head back in the sand.

“Come on, let’s continue along this river for a little but until the place changes or we run into another Pokemon.”

He turned and lead us past the Pokemon and to a small river. The water lapped a little at the bank and looked cool. It was just deep enough to swim across. The light reflected off it and made it look beautiful. The path wound around the river and along the tree line. A couple boulders sat on the bank for Pokemon to lounge on. The scenery was gorgeous.

Just as we reached its edge, a small white and furry Pokemon popped out of the water. Its tongue was sticking out of its head like a dog. It was a Seel.

“You want adorable on your team? Gaius asked.

Turned and looked at him with a stunned look on my face. “Are you out of your mind? That thing is not adorable. I would roast and eat that if I could. It would look great on a bed of salad. And no I don’t want the Seel.”

I turned to the Pokemon and stuck out my tongue. “You better get lost before I make you into a three course meal.”

^ Credits to Blue Dragon

NBP #6
    /--\

Twyla looked at me with an incredulous expression. “Are you out of your mind? That thing is not adorable. I would roast and eat that if I could. It would look great on a bed of salad, and no, I don’t want the Seel.” She turned to the Seel and stuck her tongue at out it. “You better get lost before I make you into a three course meal.”

The Seel barked in alarm at Twyla’s bloodthirsty comments and dived underwater in a hurry. It had took her at her word and decided it would not be in its best interest to stick around. I shrugged at her comment and turned to walk along the shore as we were doing before running into the Seel.

We continued along the banks for a few minutes before I heard a soft snoring, hard to hear over the rushing water. I looked for and found the source of the sound, a Barboach sleeping behind a rock.

“What about a Barboach?”

//--\\

Trainer Info

Area Effects: 16 Encounters Remaining |
    Pokemon Encountered: F Tentacool Lax | ??? Squirtle ??? | ??? Seel ??? | ??? Barboach ???
    CC since last encounter: 0,000 | 9,000

Pokemon Stats:

The Seel barked in alarm at my bloodthirsty comments nd dived back into the water. Gaius shrugged and we continued along the banks for a few minutes before a soft snoring sounded through the air. It was hard to hear over the roar of the water.

Gaius looked around for the Pokemon before pointed it out to me.

“What about a Barboach?”

I sighed and to myself and tried to hold back a scream. These Water Pokemon were pissing me off. I like them, but Poison and Ice were more my type. I breathed deep before walking over to where the Barboach was sleeping.

It was behind a rock. Its chest rose and fell with each breath. I would have smiled but I was too pissed off at the continuos line of Water Pokemon. I cocked my head at it and willed it to wake up. ‘Cause if it did I was going to stomp on it.

I turned away from the Pokemon and faced Gaius. “Would I get fined for stomping on the Barboach?” I waved my hand in the air. “Never mind. Lets keep moving.”

^ Credits to Blue Dragon

NBP #7
    /--\

The sight of yet another Pokemon seemed to try the patience of Twyla, she really wasn’t happy with the Water type Pokemon today. She closed her eyes, took a deep breath, and steadied herself before responding.

“Would I get fined for stomping on the Barboach,” she said, crossly. She waved a hand in the air. “Nevermind, let’s keep moving.”

“Whatever you want,” I said to her, stunned by her response to the innocent barboach. I turned to lead her away, but was stopped when a blast of water struck Twyla in the back of the head.

I turned to see the Barboach now awake and glaring at the sputtering Twyla. It must not have liked her comments. I turned to look at her. “You’ll have to buy a Pokedoll or battle it now.”

//--\\

Trainer Info

Area Effects: 16 Encounters Remaining |
    Pokemon Encountered: F Tentacool Lax | ??? Squirtle ??? | ??? Seel ??? | ??? Barboach ???
    CC since last encounter: 0,950 | 9,000

Pokemon Stats:

“Whatever you want,” Gaius said to me. Surprise clouded his expression at my respones toward the Barboach. He turned to lead me away when a blast of cold water hit me in the back of the head.

Gaius turned around and looked at the Pokemon that was glaring at me. Then looked at me.

“You’ll have to buy a Pokedoll or battle it now.”

I felt my expression turn savage as I faced the Pokemon. I growled at him and peeled my lips away from my teeth in a snarl.

“You are so lucky I can’t stomp a mud hole in you. Then you’d know the true meaning of my name.”

I tried to calm myself, but all I could think about was stomp on the Pokemon. The more I thought about ii, the angrier I got. Before I could stop myself, I had taken a step toward the Pokemon and let out snarl. I stopped and turned toward Gaius.

“This had better be the last Water Pokemon. I’m fed up to here with them.” I reached into my back pocket and pulled out my wallet. I handed Gaius the money for a Pokedoll and looked at the Barboach one last time.

“If you spray me with water one more time, consequences be damned.”

^ Credits to Blue Dragon

NBP #8
    /--\

Twyla was livid with the Barboach for shooting water at her, and she let the Pokemon know that. “You are so lucky I can’t stomp a mud hole in you. Then you’d know the true meaning of my name,” she snarled at the Water Pokemon, who flinched from the venom in her voice.

She made a visible effort to calm herself and turned to me. “This had better be the last Water Pokemon. I’m feed up to here with them.” She handed me the money for a Pokedoll and turned to glare at the Tympole on last time. “If you spray me with water one more, consequences be damned,” she threatened.

I pulled out a Pokedoll and tossed it at the Barboach, who snagged it from the air and wiggled back to the waters. Soon as it left us, I continued along the river. However, before we could get very far the scene around us shimmered and changed to that of a heavily forested area filled with plant life, the Botanic Gardens, a place known for its Grass type Pokemon. Hopefully Twyla would find something that would satisfy her here.

I was about to head off in a direction when I heard a Pokemon call out to us. I looked towards the direction of the sound and saw a Chikorita sitting on a log staring at us in wonderment.

“You want to catch a Chikorita?” I asked my trainer.

//--\\

Trainer Info

Area Effects: 15 Encounters Remaining |
    Pokemon Encountered: F Tentacool Lax | ??? Squirtle ??? | ??? Seel ??? | ??? Barboach ??? | ??? Chikorita ???

Pokemon Stats:

OOC: @AmericanTreeFrog - 5,500 - 500 = 5,000

Gaius excepted the money and pulled out the dool and threw it at the Barboach. The Pokemon snatched it out of the air and wiggled back under the water. As soon as the Pokemon was gone, Gaius turned and cintinued along the river.

We didn’t get far before the scene shifted and changed into one of the forest. Large trees and bushes were everywhere. The trees shot into the sky and were a lush green. The bushes stretched along the path and would probably snatch at your clothes if you tried to walk through them.

Gaius was about to led us down a path when a noise sounded through the air. He looked toward the sound then at me.

“You want to catch a Chikorita?” he asked.

I squealed and sat on my hunches to look at the Grass Pokemon.

“If you don’t mind, I would like to add you to my ever growing team.” I stood up and grabbed Chimchar’s Pokemon Ball.

Chimchar appeared a few seconds later. He looked around before smiling and walking over to where I was standing. He tilted his head and smiled up at me. I sat on my hunches again and ran my hand of his baby soft hair. He leaned into my touch and his expression turned dreamily. I smiled myself and stood back up.

I pointed to the Chikorita. “Alright, Chimchar. Use Flame Wheel, but before before you hit it, I want you to use Flamethrower. But don’t stop running.”

He nodded eagerly at me before looking at the Grass Pokemon. He charged the Pokemon and as he ran flames appeared and licked up the sides of his body. They covered him and made it impossible to tell he was in the middle.

Just as I said, he let loose a stream of white hot fire while still running.

^ Credits to Blue Dragon

BP #1
    /--\

Twyla squealed in delight at the Chikorita and rushed over to it and gush at it. “If you don’t mind I would like to add you to me ever growing team,” she said to the Pokemon. She backed away from the Pokemon and pulled out a Pokeball containing one of her Pokemon.

Her little fire-red Pokemon popped out from the Pokeball and glanced about excitedly, glad to be out of its Pokeball. Twyla rubbed its soft fuzzy fur and spoke to it. “Alright, Chimchar, use Flame Wheel, but before you hit it, I want you to use Flamethrower. But don’t stop running.”

The Chimchar nodded to its master and jumped in the air, starting to spin as he spat out fire, wreathing himself in fire. With the Flame Wheel attack already starting, Chimchar sped towards Chikorita at a high speed.

Chikorita’s eyes widened in alarm but it managed to stay calm. The green markings around its neck glowed a bright neon green for a brief second just before a large stream from Flamethrower hit the Chikorita. But instead of hitting the Grass type Pokemon, the flames hit an invisible wall and billowed around the screen, still doing damage to Chikorita, but not as much as it would have had the attack fully hit.

As the flames died down from the Flamethrower, Chimchar appeared directly in front of Chikorita, still spinning madly. Chikorita cried out and whipped its head leaf in a vicious manner. From the leaf sprang out a stream of green orbs. The orbs connected with Chimchar and exploded, sending the Fire Pokemon reeling and stopping its Flame Wheel in its tracks.

It was shaping up to be an interesting battle, indeed.

//--\\

Battle Stats

Chimchar 79.10%{Using Flamethrower | Flame Wheel}
    VS
    Chikorita 64.62%[LS-1]{Using Light Screen | Seed Bomb}

Trainer Info

Pokemon Encountered: F Tentacool Lax | ??? Squirtle ??? | ??? Seel ??? | ??? Barboach ??? | ??? Chikorita ???

Pokemon Stats:

The Chikorita’s eyes widen in alarm, it stayed calm. The green markings around its neck glowed for a few seconds before a stream of fire hit it. The attack hit a barrier instead of the Pokemon. Doing damage but not as much as it should.

The flames died down and Chimchar stood facing Chikorita. The Grass Pokemon let loose a cry and whipped its head leaf viciously. Green orbs pulsed form the leaf and connected with Chimchar. They exploded and sent him flying.

I looked at Gaius and saw a look of interest in his face. I looked back at my Pokemon and saw him glaring at the Chikorita. Clearly he wasn’t happy. He looked at me at nodded his head in Chikorita’s direction.

I smiled and held up a finger. Then I tapped that finger against my chin. I didn’t want to make the Pokemon faint, I just wanted to lower its health. Since it used Light Screen, maybe another Flamethrower won’t kill it.

I sighed. Jeez this is hard. I loved grass Pokemon. Venosaur was my favorite. I sighed again and looked up. The sun blinded me momentarily, but that was okay. I was already blind. I have glasses, but don’t want to wear them. They make me feel blind.

I looked back at my Pokemon. He was still staring at me waiting for an order to be given. I squinted to help my vision but that didn’t help. I pulled off my backpack and unzipped it. I dug through it and pulled out my glasses case. I zipped the bag back up and slung it over my shoulder. I stuck my glasses on my face and smiled.

“That’s better. Alright Chimchar. I want you to use Flame Wheel again. Okay?”

He nodded eagerly and flamed up again before charging the Chikorita. With every step he took the flames burned brighter. THey looked beautiful in the sun light. Red, orange and yellow shone in the light. They licked at the ground and Chimchar. The flames had to be scorching hot. Good thing Chimchar was a Fire type.

I smiled as I stared at the flames. There was one person I love to watch burn in those flames.

^ Credits to Blue Dragon

BP #2
    /--\

Twyla pursed her lip and tapped a finger against her chin thoughtfully as she glanced about. She turned to her Chimchar and squinted at the the Pokemon. She reached for her pack, unzipped it, and pulled out a pair of glasses, which she promptly stuck on.

“That’s better. Alright, Chimchar, I want you to use Flame Wheel again. Okay?”

The fire monkey nodded eagerly to its master and jumped into the air, wreathing itself once more in a coat of flames. Just like before, the Chimchar started to spin, using the hat of the fire to gain speed. The Pokemon hit the ground still spinning and sped towards the tired Grass Pokemon.

Chikorita saw the Chimchar coming and seemed to be ready for the attack. It crouched low and whipped its head-leaf in front of it, waiting for the Chimchar to get closer. Just when it was about to feel the burn from the fire it cried out and a concave shield of bright energy appeared in front of the Pokemon.

Chimchar hit the shield and rebounded straight up in the air. The Fire Pokemon stopped its attack and wailed in alarm when it realized what happened. It turned to control its fall and latched onto a nearby tree branch. It scampered onto the branch and turned to scream angrily at the Chikorita.

//--\\

Battle Stats

Chimchar 79.10%{Using Flamethrower | Flame Wheel}
    VS
    Chikorita 64.62%[LS-1]{Using Light Screen | Seed Bomb}

Trainer Info

Pokemon Encountered: F Tentacool Lax | ??? Squirtle ??? | ??? Seel ??? | ??? Barboach ??? | F Chikorita ???
    CC since last encounter: 3,561 | 15,000

Pokemon Stats:

The second Chimchar hit the ground, I knew that I made a mistake. I should chose a cautious approach. I shook my head and ran my hands down my face. Damn, can’t I think anything through? I sighed and tried to stop mentally beating myself up. A lot of people made mistakes every day and they learned from them.

I once again looked at the sky before focusing on Gaius. I cocked my head. Gaius didn’t look like the type that has fun very often. I smiled at him and voiced my thoughts.

“You’re a workaholic, aren’t you?” I didn’t wait for him to answer. I continued on.

“Why do I ask that question? I ask ‘cause you seem like the type that would look awkward trying to have fun. You look like you never smile. The only lines on your face are frown lines.” I squinted, enjoying myself as I said what was on my mind. “I know! You’re gonna be the old man on the block that scream at the neighborhood boys when they shatter your window with a baseball!” I started cracking up laughing at the image in my mind.

I laughed 'til tears were streaming down my face. When I managed to stop laughing, I realized that the battle was still going on. Chikorita crouched low and whip its head. It wait 'til Chimchar got close enough to cry out. A concave shield of bright light flashed before the Chikorita. Stopping Chimchar’s attack from hitting.

He hit the shield and bounced off it straight into the air. Chimchar stopped what he was doing and wailed in alarm. He turned to control his fall. He grabbed a tree branch and scampered up it 'til he was perched on it.

He looked at the Chikorita and scream angrily at it. He chest puffed up and his face was as red as the flame on the tip of his tail.

I laughed and tried to get him to come down. He stopped scream and glared at me. I bit back a smile and walked over to the tree. I held out my arms and motion for him to come down.

He lifted his chin in defiance and climbed down. Then walked over to where I previously stood and waited there. I let the smile come loose and went to stand behind him.

“Well, I don’t know what to do. I don’t want to kill it.” When I said that, Chimchar looked up at me like I was crazy.

I held up my hands and shrugged. “I said I don’t to kill it, not you.” I sighed again and ran my hands through my my long brown hair. What the hell was I going to do?

I let a foul curse leave my mouth then turned and walked toward the tree line. Gaius’s eyes were probably as wide as saucers be now. Never in my life had I used a word the foul. My mother would beat my butt if she heard me. She could hear a cuss word a mile away, but if you were a few feet in front of her trying to talk to her, she wouldn’t hear a thing you said.

A bitter laugh left my mouth. I sucked swollen blue donkey balls. The minute that thought entered my mind, I wanted to vomit. Twig and berries were the nastiest thing on earth. They had their use. Thank God I’m a woman.

I heard shuffling behind me and turned to see who it was. It was Chimchar. He had a perplexed look on his face. He closed the distance between us and latched on to my leg. He was careful not to let his tail any where near me clothes. I felt him rub his cheek against me.

I relaxed and leaned over to rub the little patch of fur on his head. I felt him smile. After a few minutes, I pried him off me and set him a few feet in front the Chikorita.

I looked at Gaius and shrugged before letting out a giant burp that would envy any fat truck drivers. I smiled at him and said excuse me. “If you keep looking like that, you face will freeze into a permenent frown. That won’t be to flattering for the ladies. They’d most likely run for the hills. You best bet would probably to get a workaholic like you. That is if you are one.”

I turned away from Gaius and studied the Grass Pokemon. I was fascinated by it. It was about tow feet tall and had a green leaf sticking out of its head. Little green orbs circled it neck. They pulsed whenever it used a grass move. It was adorable unlike that Seel Gaius had pointed out.

I turned and looked at my Ranger. “Now that is an adorable Pokemon. Unlike that Seel that I was gonna turn into a three course meal. But like the coward that it was , it ran away.” I sniffed and pretended to wipe a tear from my eye. I wanted to smile, but that would ruin me charade. I pulled an imaginary tissue out of my pocket on blew my nose.

“I would have had a very delicious meal had it not ran.” I pretended to blow my nose again before putting the pretend tissue back in my pocket.

I pulled off my glasses and cleaned the lenses I sighed as I slid them back on my face.

“Man, do I hate wearing glasses sometimes. But hey, that’s what happens when you read in the dark.”

Chimchar looked at me and spread his arms.A little squeek escaped his mouth as he stared at me. I shrugged.

“I don’t know. I just don’t know.” I just stood there thinking about what kind of move the Chikorita would use. Grass types won’t do much damage, but they would still hurt. Also, how would it counter my move? Question were just running through my head. What move would it use. What move was I gonna move. Who much damage is it gonna do? Am I gonna kill it? Man, this crap is hard. I sighed and opted for another Flame Wheel. It would do damage, just not a lot. Hopefully.

I looked over at the Chikorita who looked like it hadn’t moved since stopping Chimchar’s attack.

I looked down at my Pokemon and sighed. Lord, what am I gonaa do?

“Alright Chimchar, try to use Flame Wheel again.”

He nodded at me before focusing on Chikorita.

^ Credits to Blue Dragon

BP #3
    /--\

Suddenly Twyla turned to me with a look on her face that I would expect on somebody shopping for a choice piece of meat. She narrowed her eyes at me. “You’re a workaholic, aren’t you? Why do I ask that question? I ask ‘cause you seem like the type that would look awkward trying to have fun. You look like you never smile,” she ranted. I actually felt a smile start to curl on the corner of my mouth, but I shut it down as I listened to her. “The only lines on your face are frown lines. I know! You’re gonna be the old man on the block that screams at the neighborhood boys when they shatter our window with a baseball!”

At the end she fell into a fit of laughter, so hard that she started to cry while doing so. Besides me, both Pokemon were now looking at her. Chikorita thought she was crazy and the Chimchar was also pretty concerned.

She seemed to remember there was a battle going so she calmed herself down. She noticed that Chimchar was still screaming at Chikorita so she walked over to calm her down. My ears were still ringing from both her tirade and the Chimchar so I didn’t hear what she said to her Pokemon.

After calming her Pokemon she turned to me again. “If you keep looking like that, your face will freeze into a permanent frown. That won’t be flattering for the ladies. They’d most likely run for the hills. Your best bet would probably be to get a workaholic like you. That is if you are one.”

She continued to talk but I felt she had done enough of that already so I slowly tuned her out until she was nothing but a background noise, one that could be forgotten rather easily.

She must have ordered another attack because the Chimchar started up with another Flame Wheel. The Chikorita saw the Chimchar coming once more and I saw the resolve in her eyes again. There was a slight magenta flash around her eyes and I caught a glimpse of a wall being erected before her. Since she had already used Light Screen I thought it was fairly obvious that she had used Reflect, a move that would limit damage.

She had just got the Reflect up before Chimchar crashed into her. He bowled her over rather easily, but the Reflect had slowed his speed and damaged the heat of the flames so it didn’t do too much damage.

//--\\

Battle Stats

Chimchar 79.10%{Used Flame Wheel}
    VS
    Chikorita 51.36%[LS-2][R-1]{Used Reflect}

Trainer Info

Pokemon Encountered: F Tentacool Lax | ??? Squirtle ??? | ??? Seel ??? | ??? Barboach ??? | F Chikorita ???
    CC since last encounter: 9,073 | 15,000

Pokemon Stats:

I watched as Chimchar took off toward the Chikorita. The Pokemon saw him coming and started to erect a wall. There was a slight flash of magenta around her eyes before the wall started to become more clear. The Pokemon had already used Light Screen, so the other move had to be Reflect.

The move limited damage, but Flame Wheel will still hurt. The Chikorita had just finished erecting the wall when Chimchar had come crashing into her. He hit her hard, but Reflect slowed his speed and damaged the heat of the flames so it didn’t hurt the Grass Pokemon too much.

Chimchar stood up and smiled happily at me before eloping over to me. He squeeked excitedly at me and gave me another toothy grin. I smiled down at him and ran my hand through the short fur on his head.

“Good job. You did some damage to the Chikorita.” I congratulated my Pokemon before focusing on the Chikorita. It really was an adorable Pokemon. I would be really happy if she just gave up and surrendered, but that didn’t look like it was gonna happen any time soon.

I looked at my Ranger and realized that he was a little amused by my ranting. I smiled to myself. So maybe he did know how to have fun.

I took off my glasses and rubbed the bridge of my nose. My glasses constantly slipped cause I didn’t have a straight nose. My nose sloped then tipped up slightly at the nostrols. I liked my nose, but my nose was also the reason why I hated wearing my glasses.

I really wanted this Pokemon. If she’d stop fighting. I sighed and looked at my Ranger.

“Nothing is ever easy these days, are they? Well, at least not for you since you’re a workaholic!” I started laughing again. Boy, I enjoyed making fun of Gaius.

When I stopped layghing, I turned to Gaius. “I’m sorry. Not really. I couldn’t help it. You’re just one of those people that are easy to make fun of. It’s not your fault though.” I tried to smile but that just threw me into another fit of laughter.

I clutched my stomach and tried to stop. My Pokemon was staring at me like I was crazy. He pointed to the Chikorita and let out an irritated squeek. I sat on my hunches and gave him a sheepish smile.

“Sorry there bud. I was making fun of Gaius. But my attantion is now on you.” He gave me a look that said he didn’t believe me. So I sobered up and put on my serious face.

“I promise.”

He seemed content after I said that. He turned to glare at the Chikorita, who was still standing in the same place. I looked at my Pokemon then Gaius. I tried not laugh as I looked at him ‘cause I could still see him as a old man with a cane threatening to beat little boys with it.

I turned away and issued an order to Chimchar. Flame Wheel again.”

I had to anticapate what the Chikorita was gonna do next.

^ Credits to Blue Dragon

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast