Back to Basics: BlazeMaster - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Back to Basics: BlazeMaster

Creator of Nathan Castle BlazeMaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Back to Basics: BlazeMaster

OCC: If I fail here's the Pokedoll money 4500-500 is 4000

The doors slid open and Ivy led me out of the banqueting hall and back into the corridor. I had no idea where to go, but I was lucky as she just walked straight on, through the doors, into the opposite room. I hurriedly followed her. As I walked into the room expecting a change I found nothing. The entire room was empty, devoid of all things except the well polished tiles that coated all the floors. I wondered what poor soul cleaned this place, it must be a massive job to do.

Suddenly the air around me began to change, as did the floor under my feet. The hot sun racked my back and the dry air went down my throat. My feet sunk slightly into the sand that came from nowhere and my eyes looked up at the clear sky. We were in the sand dunes, it would seem. As I regained my footing I wondered what had happened, whether it was some sort of work of the laboratory, or whether it was some Psychic Pokémon, playing tricks with our minds.

A small creature emerged from the sand, its yellow back matching in perfectly with the Sun. It had small ears, I guess to preserve heat at night, and a small, yellow tail. It was a Sandshrew, a fine Pokémon by all accounts, and one at home in the desert.

“Any interest in this Sandshrew?” Ivy asked.

"Nah, I'm fine. I like Sandshrew, but again, I've seen these guys in the Marketplace If I fail I'll use a Poke Doll. I wouldn't want to take one from its habitat. Now, how do we get out of here?" I replied.

@WinterVines;
    Last edited by BlazeMaster; 10th June 2012 at 10:55 AM.
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f425/hunger-games-pok%C3%A9mon-136008/

Hunger Games RPG

21 Places Left.

Officials needed

@BlazeMaster; Doll used.

NBP#7

Ranger Ivy Frost

---

Joe didn't feel like battling the Sandshrew, but when they made to leave, the small mouse began to get agitated. It scraped its claws against the sand and growled. Thankfully, Joe agreed to use a Pokedoll to distract the Ground-type so they could get away unscathed.

Ivy threw one of the pink, inflatable dolls at the mouse, and it seemed happy enough as they slowly backed out of the door. Instead of going into another one, the Ranger led them down the hall to the ZT intersection. She debated which way to go and was about to ask the Trainer, but she heard a noise down the left path.

Curious, she followed the sound until she came to an open room. She stepped inside to see it was like one of those classroom auditoriums in the larger colleges. There was a small slope of sorts, and they were looking down rows of chairs to a platform on the bottom. There was a smooth screen on the wall behind it, like the kind that were used for projectors. This was probably some sort of conference room for presentations.

It wasn't too big really, but the place could probably fit about fifty people. There could've easily been more than that in this complex, since the whole place was so big. The chairs were just simple plastic ones with square backs and seats in a dark blue shade. She wondered what the place had looked like when people always filled the building.

She was about to turn and leave when a small scuffling sound caught her attention. It sounded like one of the metal-rimmed chairs was sliding on the polished floor. She looked down to see a small bug looking at them from underneath one of the seats.

It was orange, and it sort of looked like a crab or lobster. A brown-gray rock was hiding the rest of its body, and Ivy knew it was used as its home. It was a Dwebble. She had a run in with some poachers trying to save a pack of Dwebble in the Woods.

She smiled at the Pokemon and crouched down to its level so she didn't scare it. “Hey there little one,” she said to it. Then she looked up at Joe. “Any interest in this one?”

---

Current Battle Stats:

??? ??? Dwebble: 100%

---

Trainer Stats

Name: BlazeMaster
    15 Encounters Remaining
    Area Effects: In an auditorium.
    Pokémon Encountered: Weedle, Kricketot, Cleffa, Sandshrew, Dwebble
    Pokémon Captured: Quirky M Weedle
    MCR: 0/9,000 [Uncommon Rank]

Items: 3x Hyper Balls, 2x Super Balls, 5x Park Balls, 3x Energy Powder Plus, 1x Calming Fragrance, 1x Soothing Fragrance Super, 2x Energy Powder Plus, 1x Revival Herb

Pokemon Stats

Pokemon: Infernape @ 85%
    Nickname: Blaze
    Ability: Blaze
    Nature: Brave
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Thunder Punch, Swords Dance, Grass Knot

Pokemon: Honchcrow
    Nickname: Scarface
    Ability: Super Luck
    Nature: Naughty
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Brave Bird, Heat Wave

Pokemon: Marshtomp
    Nickname: Bob
    Ability: Torrent
    Nature: Mild
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Blizzard

Pokemon: Garchomp
    Nickname: GRRRRRR
    Ability: Sand Veil
    Nature: Rash
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: Brick Break, Earthquake
    ChainReaction 6:09 pm
    I quickly slammed the palm of my hand onto a butt
    Ranger | Grader | Ref | Curator
    AIM: WinterVines
    URPG Stats

Blog Entries

@WinterVines;

The ranger got a small pink doll out of her bag and threw it at the Sandshrew. I was interested at what it's reaction would be to be given a PokéDoll, sometimes Pokémon ripped them to shreads, thinking them to be an enemy, sometimes they were scared of their scent. This Sandshrew seemed perfectly content with its new companion. We quietly treaded through the sand to the door and left.

I came back into the stark corridor and headed on, slightly dazed. The heat and light change from coming back from the desert was as bemusing as when we entered it. We came to a T-Junction and I waited as Ivy decided where to go. Suddenly she turned her head and walked off and I followed in fear of getting lost. She stepped through a door, luckily this time to an ordinary room. It was like a Student Lecture theatre, having many teirs of seats stretching back many rows, probably enough for about fifty people.

I imagined scientists here, relating the information gained from their exploits in the environment-changing rooms that we had already experienced. It must have been quite boring, in my opinion, to have gone to a University and studied and taken down notes. I was glad that I had left school at ten to become a Pokémon Trainer like any normal person would.

One of the chairs seemed to be moving, as if by magic. On closer inspection we found the culprit. It was a small orange but, mostly covered by a grey-brown shell that was as hard as a rock. The Pokémon itself had two small, unmenacing pincers. It was a Dwebble, a part Bug part Rock type that spent a lot of time in the desert or the woods. Ivy seemed to like this Pokémon, she crouched down to its level and smiled at it, talking to it. Realising her job she looked up to me.

“Any interest in this one?” She asked.

"Yes, definitely, Dwebble's one of my favourite Pokémon," I replied. I had to decide which Pokémon to use, Infernape or Garchomp would probably rip this place to shreds, Honchcrow would struggle to aim its flying type attacks between the desks, and I doubted that the cleaners would appreciate a room sodden and muddy from Swampert's attacks. I had to make a decision. I took two PokéBalls from my pocket.

"Honchcrow, use Haze to flush Dwebble out onto the main stage! Then return. After that, I want you to come out, Garchomp, and use Brick Break on Dwebble, but make sure that you keep away from the furniture!" I commanded. I expected that if I had a battle here, I would destroy the room, but Garchomp was probably the best match here. My only worry was that the smoke alarms might trigger and cause some rain, so I hastily added plucked another PokéBall from my pocket.

"After Honchcrow's used Haze, stay behind and use Blizzard really lightly to scatter the smoke, Swampert!" I commanded. First I released Honchcrow's PokéBall, sending the black-feathered bird to the high ceiling of the auditorium. He hovered in flight while releasing black smoke towards Dwebble. I looked on, praying that it would all go to plan

Hunger Games RPG

21 Places Left.

Officials needed

OOC: Alrighty @BlazeMaster, Winter passed this on to me since she is starting to head back to class and stuff, so hope you enjoy.

BP#1 (Vs. Dwebble Post 1)

I didn't have a problem covering for Ivy so she could do... whatever it is the higher-ups wanted to do. What I did have a problem with was getting lost in this old abandoned building. If only I had taken a run to begin with...

Thankfully, it wasn't long before I heard the click of a Pokéball, though it was faint. I assumed it was a battle starting, and Ivy had started in the area; I figured it was best for me to at least check. What I came to was a room filled with a dense fog. It slowly dissipated with a slight chill, allowing better vision, but it was still enough to make it hard to see. I caught a glimpse of a Garchomp charging what appeared to be a small stone and slamming it with its claw, sending it sailing against the wall. Once the rock settled down on the ground, it appeared to sprout legs and scurry about in a daze.

"Ivy, you're needed back at base!" I turned to the trainer. I couldn't quite make him out in what was left of the haze, though he was the only one left in the room. "I'm Siless. Ivy is needed elsewhere, so I'll be taking you the rest of the way through."

As I finished my quick introduction, the rock began to glow and a piece of it shed off. "For now, we might want to focus on this thing."
    ----

Name: Blazemaster
    Area: Enigma Ruins
    Encounters Remaining: 15
    Items: 3x Hyper Balls, 2x Super Balls, 5x Park Balls, 3x Energy Powder Plus, 1x Calming Fragrance, 1x Soothing Fragrance Super, 2x Energy Powder Plus, 1x Revival Herb

Battle Statistics: Dwebble 78% (Used Withdraw, Smashing its Shell)
    Area Effects: Hazed, Auditorium
    Character Count: 3002/9000

Pokémon: Infernape (Blaze)

Battle Stats: 85%

Pokémon: Honchkrow (Scarface)

Pokémon: Marshtomp (Bob)

Pokémon: Garchomp (GRRRRRR)

Blog Entries

OOC: @Siless; OK then, let's get this show on the road.

A white mist erupted from Honchcrow's mouth, filling the area. I couldn't see anything as I stumbled down towards the main stage, trying to see through the gaseous barrier. I felt the air go slightly cooler as Swampert used Blizzard to clear the worst of the mist. It worked and before I knew it I was at the centre of the auditorium, facing at Dwebble, Garchomp at my side. I could make out the figure of the orange Bug-type, heavily contrasting with its grey stone that it wore on its back. Behind me I heard Ivy calmly walking down the steps.

Dwebble tucked its legs into its shell and stayed in place, perfectly balanced by the geometric beauty of the rock. Garchomp raced towards the small Pokémon, his claw glowing white, and smashed straight into the rock, throwing it against the wall. A voice boomed across the auditorium.

"Ivy, you're needed back at base!" the voice shouted. Ivy turned around, her hair swishing in the glittering snow-laden mist, and treaded back up the steps, making her way out of the Ruins. Another ranger jumped down the steps in twos. I couldn't really make out his figure.

"I'm Siless. Ivy is needed elsewhere, so I'll be taking you the rest of the way through." he explained. I turned back to the battle, completely focusd. Dwebble peeked out of its rock and, assured that it was safe, started scurrying around as a piece of its shell glowed red. The segment peeled away in the same fasion of the skin of a sunburnt tourist's skin does.
    "For now, we might want to focus on this thing." Siless said. He was right, the battle was the most important thing. I thought for a moment. Now that Dwebble had used Shell Smash, its Speed was increased as well as its attacking capabilities.

"OK, Garchomp, I want you to use Dual Chop on this Dwebble's Rock! It's defense has gone down so it shouldn't be too difficult, so try to take it off if you can!" I ordere the Pokémon. It was a shame that Garchomp didn't know Scary Face, for it would have made an excellent effect.

"After you've separated the Rock use Slash while Dwebble's unprotected!" I shouted. On of Dwebble's main defensive capabilities was its rock, if I could separate the two the job would be easy. Garchomp raced towards its target, its Claws glowing blue. I hoped that the attack would hit...

Hunger Games RPG

21 Places Left.

Officials needed

OOC: @BlazeMaster Gender for Dwebble here?

BP#2 (Vs. Dwebble Post 2)

Garchomp was naturally quick, but as soon as it approached for Dual Chop, Dwebble came up with a comparable speed. They met in the middle of the room, and when Garchomp slammed its claw down for the first chop, Dwebble had slid to the side and jumped for its own attack. It met with the claw in midair; the collision was hard enough to break Dwebble's rock off completely, though the sheer force of it knocked Garchomp back a slight bit as well. Garchomp wasn't fazed in the least by the blow; it charged and attacked with its claw a third time. The slash didn't connect cleanly (only hitting a couple legs), but it had to hurt the now defenseless Dwebble.

The Bug-type Pokémon had landed in between Blaze and his Garchomp. At first it seemed to be cowering, but then there appeared to be a transparent shell around Dwebble. After the previous blow, it must have realized how badly its defenses dropped from Shell Smash, and was trying to fix it as quickly as possible.
    ----

Battle Statistics: Garchomp 95%, Dwebble 51% (Used Faint Attack, Withdrawing)
    Character Count: 5292/9000

Blog Entries

@Siless; Male Dwebble

I watched as Garchomp ran towards its opponent extremely quickly. However, as Garchomp chopped down, the Bug-type slid to the right. Dwebble's increased speed was phenomenal, it would seem. As the Land Shark Pokémon's second chop rained down Dwebble jumped in the air, meeting the Dual Chop with an attack of its own. It seemed that Dwebble had converted the slide into a Dark-type Faint Attack, which I hadn't seen a Dwebble use before. Garchomp stumbled back a bit from the force of the attack, but Dwebble was thrown back even further, him and his shell flying in different directions. Dwebble was vulnerable now, my plan had worked. Garchomp then sprang into the air and landed in from of its opponent, slashing with its claw, hitting Dwebble's legs. Even though this hadn't been my intended plan Dwebble's legs were now weak, and it might not be able to move quite as quickly as it had previously.

I think that at that moment Dwebble realised how defenceless it was, for, at that moment, it crouched, curling up into a ball. An almost invisible shield formed where Dwebble's rock had been. Dwebble was using Withdraw, it would seem. This was the first time that I had seen the move used without the Pokémon having something to withdraw to, I must tell my friend Airik about this phenomenon, he was a professor and naturally interested in such things.

Now, however, I had to think. Dwebble had a raised defense, but it was just as fast as before. There was no way that I could risk Garchomp's more powerful attacks in here, they would destroy the room, and maybe the facility. I had to use an attack that would work well in destroying Dwebble's defense and deal a lot of damage.

"Garchomp, I want you to use Brick Break on Dwebble's new shell. Once you've destroyed that use Dragon Rush on Dwebble!" I commanded. Brick Break had worked well for me in the past, and Dragon Rush was one of Garchomp's most powerful attacks. If I could pull it off well then I was sorted for a capture.

Hunger Games RPG

21 Places Left.

Officials needed

@BlazeMaster

BP#3 (Vs. Dwebble Post 3)

With Dwebble's physical defense more normalized, it was ready to turn to the offensive. Garchomp again approached, this time for his Brick Break attack, but Dwebble was ready to fight back. As Garchomp slammed down towards the bug with its claw, Dwebble jumped up and attacked with his own; the two attacks collided in mid-air, halting both of them. It was amazing seeing Dwebble be able to defend itself against a Garchomp, but all of its offensive power had to go to defending against Garchomp; it didn't seem to have enough strength to actually hit Garchomp in the process.

With the Bug-type stopped in mid-air, Garchomp lets loose a burst of blue energy and charge, striking Dwebble hard and knocking it to the ground once more. It seemed to be worried at this point, but in its claws it began to form a glowing orb of some sort; even outmatched, it wasn't going to give up without a fight.
    ----

Battle Statistics: Garchomp 95%, M Dwebble 22% DEF+ (Used X-Scissor, using Stealth Rock)
    Character Count: 7282/9000

Blog Entries

@Siless;

Garchomp ran forward, his fist high in the air. As he slammed it down Dwebble jumped up. The Bug-type crosses his arms in an X-Scissor shape and collided with Garchomp's glowing claw. Both Garchomp took a step back as he regained his balance after the attacks had hit. Dwebble was sent flying into the air and Garchomp took the advantage, coating himself in blue energy and ramming himself into Dwebble. That attack had hit hard and soon it looked like the battle would be over. Dwebble stared at its opponent, its eyes filled with rage. The Pokémon formed a small orb in its hands and fired it up in the air. The orb exploded near the ceiling of the auditorium and stones toppled to the floor around Garchomp, forming a neat circle. Dwebble had used Stealth Rock, a move that damaged other Pokémon as they entered the scene.

I thought for a moment. I didn't want to hurt the Dwebble much more, but it still needed a bit of tiring out before I could capture it. Attacks like Brick Break and Dragon Rush would be too powerful, I needed to go for something weak. A fire attack would go well as, despite Dwebble being half Bug-type, it was also half Rock-type, which meant that the two types would balance each other out. The auditorium was still a bit foggy, but I felt it starting to clear. Maybe by the end of this battle I might be able to see properly

"OK, Garchomp, use Sand Attack and follow up with a Fire Fang on Dwebble!" I ordered. Fire Fang wouldn't deal too much damage but it would weaken Dwebble sufficiently.

Hunger Games RPG

21 Places Left.

Officials needed

@BlazeMaster

BP#4 (Vs. Dwebble Post 4)

Sand Attack was one of the most annoying attacks possibly ever conceived by human or Pokémon minds. It was a simple move; smack sand into the opponent's face to ruin their vision and lower accuracy. This was immensely frustrating both for the Pokémon (getting sand caught in your eyes is highly undesirable) and for the Trainer (half of your Pokémon's moves missing is similarly not wanted). I was just thankful I wasn't on the receiving end of the attack.

Upon being hit by the Sand Attack, Dwebble stumbled and dropped the orb it was carrying; the orb shattered, scattering slivers of stone throughout the battlefield that seemed to disappear into midair. Garchomp charged through the minefield, fangs flaring up in flame. As it ran, the stones reappeared as Garchomp passed them, scratching against it and disappearing again. Garchomp didn't seem to care much; its rough skin must have repelled most of the damage away. The Dragon-type drove its flaming fangs into the 'cowering' Dwebble. Dwebble didn't seem to be able to take much more, but it wasn't running, at least yet.
    ----

Battle Statistics: Garchomp 93%, M Dwebble 5% SMASHED SHELL, DEF+ (Dropped Stealth Rock, Withdrawing)
    Area Effects: Hazed, Rocks Scattered, Auditorium
    Character Count: 7282/9000

Blog Entries

OOC @Siless; you didn't add any CC after the last post

Garchomp launched the Sand Attack at Dwebble, throwing Sand into the Pokémon's eyes. In its blindness Dwebble dropped the glowing orb, the bright ball shattering on the floor as if it were made of glass. Slivers of stone flew into the air and seemed to dissolve in the oxygen. I thought that I knew what this meant. I could not switch out now, or Stealth Rock would damage my team. Garchomp's mouth turned into a pit of flame and he ran towards Dwebble. Strangely the Stealth Rocks reappeared, gouging Garchomp's sides. Garchomp went on unpeturbed, showing his massive unparralleled strength. Dwebble crouched down, and the transparent shell formed once again over the small Pokémon. Garchomp bit down, mostly hitting the shell it would seem, but as he stood up and looked down at the smaller Pokémon the Dwebble looked tired. I should probably not attack the Pokémon now, as it was far to weak after so many attacks.

I looked at the Dwebble. Did I really want to capture it? It had done a good job evading Garchomp's attacks and even doing some damage to the much stronger Pokémon. I took out my Pokédex and looked it up.

Dwebble, the Rock Inn Pokémon. Dwebble live in their shell all of their life, repairing it when it gets damaged and will only get a new one if the original is irrepairable. They are very protective of their homes.

Well, a fat lot of good that was. I had to use my own judgement. It was a powerful Pokémon and I wanted to capture it. I took out the Park Ball, a sphere that had served me so well in the past, and pressed the centre of it, starting the capture mechanism. I threw it in the air, watching the orb twist anti-clockwise along with the top-spin that I had given it. It smacked into Dwebble, opening up and turning the small Pokémon into plasma and swallowing it up. It rolled on the floor and I wondered whether I would capture it.

Hunger Games RPG

21 Places Left.

Officials needed

@BlazeMaster

NBP#1

The camouflaged ball grabbed the Dwebble in a beam of light and sealed it up; Dwebble could do very little to resist, and the capture was complete within a second. With the capture, the few dropped Stealth Rocks faded back into visibility and dropped, making it safe to go through the room without being cut up. I grabbed the ball and put it in my pack.

"So you caught a Dwebble. Whenever we finish, you'll be able to go and pick it up and whatever else you got at the outpost. If you got anything before, Ivy will have placed them there in case you want to claim something from when she was here."

With the battle done, the auditorium was quiet. There didn't seem to be another Pokémon here, so we could rest if it was needed, but if Blaze was ready to roll we could go. "Let me know when you're ready to go."
    ----

Battle Statistics: -
    Area Effects: -
    Character Count: 0/????

Battle Stats: 93%

Blog Entries

@Siless;

The Ball rolled on the ground and made a pinging noise. Dwebble had been caught! I heard a slight tinkle as the Stealth Rocks fell to the ground and dissolved into the air. My ranger walked into the cebtre of the auditorium and grabbed the Park Ball, putting it in his bag.

"So you caught a Dwebble. Whenever we finish, you'll be able to go and pick it up and whatever else you got at the outpost. If you got anything before, Ivy will have placed them there in case you want to claim something from when she was here," He said, placing the ball in his bag.
    "Let me know when you're ready to go."
    "Yeah, you're right, let's get out of here. Where should we go next?" I asked

Hunger Games RPG

21 Places Left.

Officials needed

@BlazeMaster

NBP#2

"Where should we go next?"
    "I would suggest we head back out into the hall, make a decision from there. We have a good amount of choices."
    As I started to lead Blaze back to the hall, a noise stopped me. It sounded almost as though there was a bowling ball rolling down the hallway. As I looked down the hall... well, it wasn't exactly a bowling ball.
    "Voltorb. Voltorb. Voltorb..."
    A Voltorb, a Pokémon resembling the currently-standard Pokéball, was strolling (or rather, rolling) down the hallway without a care in the world. I motioned for Blaze to come see and pointed it out.
    "Do you want to follow this guy?"
    ----

Encounters Remaining: 14

Battle Statistics: -
    Area Effects: -
    Character Count: 675/????

Battle Stats: 93%

Blog Entries

@Siless; If needed: 3000-500=2500

"I would suggest we head back out into the hall, make a decision from there. We have a good amount of choices," Siless replied.
    We walked out into the hall again, leaving the auditorium behind us. A spherical Pokémon that looked a lot like a Poké Ball rolled down the corridor in front of us, saying its name. According to these ramblings it was a Voltorb.
    "Do you want to follow this guy?" my ranger asked.
    "I'm fine thanks," I replied. "Voltorb was never that high on my priority list. If we can't get away I'll use a Poké Doll."

Hunger Games RPG

21 Places Left.

Officials needed

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast