Youtube Embedding - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Youtube Embedding

Registered User Singing in the Rain's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Youtube Embedding

Wow. This discussion is getting pretty deep.

Anyway, I have to vote DOWN on this one. As convinent as it is, It would just increase the time it would take to load the page. Besides, I don't think it's worth it to spend extra time just so people don't have to click on anything. Actually, they STILL have to click on the video to play it. So, yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouthful of Pi
    I don't really belive there's such a thing as sexuality, only love, which means that everyone should be able to marry everyone else!

Blog Entries

Follow hurristat on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Axle Helios View Post
    The US DMCA Safe Harbor provision says that neither BMG or YouTube can be held responsible for the videos, only the original uploader. That's why sites like The Pirate Bay are still around, but that's off topic.
    Unfortunately, not everywhere is the US.

DOWN. I've never seen any context in which embedding youtube videos is even mentioned.

Can I get an encore? evkl's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

We will be rolling this feature out to selected areas of the site in the future.
    "And we're not gods, we're just hacks."

blog | twitter | Bulbagraphic

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hurristat View Post
    Unfortunately, not everywhere is the US.
    Yeah, well the servers are, which is what matters here, don't know why I have to mention this since the post you quoted was addressing that issue.

As convinent as it is, It would just increase the time it would take to load the page. Besides, I don't think it's worth it to spend extra time just so people don't have to click on anything. Actually, they STILL have to click on the video to play it.

Finds it ironic when thinking back to discussions about disambiguation pages on Bulbapedia with the winning argument being "too much clicking"

Versus loading two different pages, waiting for that second page to load the video, closing/switching tabs when you're done with the video, clicking the link and the video player rather than just clicking the video player...

...sometimes people's idea of "time saving" really isn't time saving anyway.

Keep in mind I make these comments with my position that they should be enabled in blogs, for those people who still can't think of a benefit of why it should be enabled there/

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345