Welcome to the new Development Forum! [Read first: Rules inside!] - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Welcome to the new Development Forum! [Read first: Rules inside!]

Blog Entries

Default Re: Welcome to the new Development Forum! [Read first: Rules inside!]

Quote Originally Posted by Woopsy View Post
    Why didn't my idea have a chance to reach -5?
    Why didn't it have a chance to be discussed?
    Why did that threat was closed on decision of 1 person?
    Because there are more than enough ways to tell who is a moderator.
    * It would solve the minimodding problem: you can see who is just trying to help you and who is a real moderator...
    * If someone talking to you, you can see immediately if that person is a moderator or just a normal member...
    (ok, you can search his name in that list, but I have no time for that and probably when your searching for a name in that list you don't see it (even if it is there...))
    As Cario pointed out above, looking at the username people already know who is a moderator. The forum provides you more than enough ways to see it.
    * I haven't time to learn that list... (and when a moderator changes his/her name, you got a problem...)
    Learn the whole list? We don't expect anyone to do that. But I cannot understand why someone would be in such a big hurry that they couldn't open up one tab, go to either the Forum Leaders page, or even check the forum page they're in and scroll all the way to the bottom.
    * I'm always wondering if the persons who's name is mentioned on the bottem of the forums even know that they are moderators... It would make it more personal when you see moderators posting themselves (when you can see in their posts that they are moderators), easier to ask something to them...
    Trust me, if someone is a moderator they are fully aware of it.
    * It would give a more safety feeling when you see that their are a lot of persons who make this forum clean and go smoothly...
    But there are!
    * It would also give thrust when you see moderators everywhere: you know when you ask them something, they will answer you or send you to someone who will answer you.
    You can do that by going to the list above, and there are Ask a Simple Question threads, and even a FAQ section.

* I'm also wondering if those who's names are on the bottem sometimes come online... (ok, you can see that on their profile pages, but when you see it in their post it would make it more personal, easier...)
    You'd be surprised to know how many staff members actually already use Invisible Mode. And there are more than enough Staff members you can go to, to ask a question. If a Mod doesn't answer you, go to someone else, preferably a Super/Global Mod or Admin.
    Former staff member - 2010
    Formerly known as - insomniac
    Competitive Player

Blog Entries
    Follow AiedailEclipsed On Twitter Add AiedailEclipsed on Facebook

To emphasize one of Sublime's points, I'm using invisible mode at the moment, because I'm on a hiatus (eg I've got some IRL crud that prevents me from being here enough to be of any major help). Does that mean that I'm not here? No, I'm just not counting on the fact that I'll be here at the moment I'm needed, but if someone in one of my sections asks a question and I notice it before another mod, I'll still answer it.
    "Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it."
    -- Narrator, Pokemon: Jirachi Wish Maker
    "You can't change the world without getting your hands dirty."
    -- Lelouch Lamperouge, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
    "Do I have a stamp on my forehead that says, 'The National Spokesperson for the Plight of Black People'? How the hell should I know the black perspective on The Color Purple? That's it, if I don't change classes, I'm gonna hurt this fool. Teachers treat me like I'm some kind of Rosetta stone for African-Americans. What? Black people learn how to read, and we all miraculously come to the same conclusion?"
    -- Victoria, Freedom Writers
    "N's heart is pure and innocent. But there is nothing more beautiful and terrifying than innocence."
    -- Concordia, Pokémon Black/White 2

Trophies

Invisible mode? how do you access that?

Blog Entries

Competitive Player

Can I get an encore? evkl's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

More to the point, though, reaching -5 isn't the only reason something can be shut down; it might be impossible or unreasonable, or it might already exist in some form. -5 isn't the only reason for a post shutdown, it's just the main reason.
    "And we're not gods, we're just hacks."

blog | twitter | Bulbagraphic

Wooper will do the trick! Woopsy's Avatar

I'm sorry I didn't know about that bold/italic stuff...
    (Probably I'm not the only one?)

Thanks anyways for telling me...
    ; )

Blog Entries
    Follow GoldeenTail On Twitter Add GoldeenTail on MySpace
    Follow GoldeenTail on Tumblr

Reminds of Know Your Meme/Rocket Boom...
    Great system - Nice the public can get a say for something for one.

WOW TRANSFORMERS IS A DUMB SERIES LOL. GT GROW THE FUCK UP.
    Tumblr / My eggs /My blog / deviantart

Blog Entries

Shouldn't there be a certain amount of posts you have to have before you vote?

Blog Entries

Nope.
    Competitive Player

now's the time to shine coolking503's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think there should be a thread with all the ideas suggested so far, kinda like the list of games thread in the games forum. This will cut down on the amount of repeat threads, which isn't a big problem much of a problem now, but once we get to 10-15 paages and 6 months in new members who haven't seen all of these suggestions yet will start posting, and may repeat suggestions that have been idle/refused/developing already.
    If we are having a battle and I disconnect, it is 100% unintentional; my power goes off often and each time my modem resets.

Gone until Aug, 10 or something for a trip w/out net access. C u after that. If I suddenly dissapear after that you can bet I got bad grades on my IGCSE's, since results are coming out the week afterwards.

Blog Entries

Good idea.

I'll make a thread.
    Competitive Player

Is this forum specific for extensions to forum? How about the official IRC?

DCM
    Blog Entries

IRC is separate from Bulbagarden it terms of rulings. Talk to Sato.

which, judging from your name, I bet you did.
    “And as to you life, I reckon you are the leavings of many deaths, No doubt I have died myself ten thousand times before.”

W.W.

I hope this is in the right place.

If this forum is upgraded to Vbullitin5, it would be nice to have a slight change of how the forum sections are laid out, as even now, I struggle to find the right place to post, which is kind of worrying, as I don't want to post in the wrong place and get a bad rep.

It would be nice to have a layout such as:

• Announcements and Events (Sub forum - Rules, Welcome)
    • Current Event - XY
    • Pokemon Games (Sub forums: GTS, Lost Tower, Battle Corner)
    • Anime and Other Media (Subforums: Manga, Anime)
    • Trading Card Game
    • Collections
    • General Pokemon Chat (to replace pokemon world)
    • Fandom and Creative Corner (Sub Forums: Shipping, Writing, Art, Video, Photography, General Fandom)
    • Gaming (RPGs, War Room, Fun and Games)
    • Forum Games
    • General Off Topic Chat
    • Bulbagarden Projects
    • Bulbagarden News

and then the bottom forums.

It might just be me, but if similar forums are condenced into subforums, it would make the forum less daunting to new members, as the site is quite busy looking. It might just be something that I would like to see though, I dunno...just a few ideas in the future!
    Team: Castform; Klinklang; Victini; Tornadus

Destinies United Kalos Adventurer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have an idea. Can we include the ability of being able to post attachments in Visitor Messages and
    be able to upload more files from our computer like in an email account (EG: Sound, Video files (Mp4, wav. 3gp. Mp3. format)
    with the limit of 25 MB?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123