Welcome to the new Development Forum! [Read first: Rules inside!] - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the new Development Forum! [Read first: Rules inside!]

Can I get an encore? evkl's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Welcome to the new Development Forum! [Read first: Rules inside!]

We'll use our judgment, too. If we feel like a great idea is getting unfairly maligned, we'll keep it open.
    "And we're not gods, we're just hacks."

blog | twitter | Bulbagraphic

Blog Entries

Follow hurristat on Tumblr

This seems like a good system. I'll move my suggestion in the main thread to here.

British Invasion $aturn¥oshi's Avatar Social Media Coordinator
    Blog Entries
    Follow $aturn¥oshi On Twitter Add $aturn¥oshi on Facebook Add $aturn¥oshi on Google+
    Follow $aturn¥oshi on Tumblr Visit $aturn¥oshi's Youtube Channel

New thing. I added prefixes to the thread titles. Just select "IDEA" from the dropdown and type the thread title as normal.

The "DEVELOPMENT" option is for when threads enter that stage.

Blog Entries

Can we post ideas for Bulbapedia too - not just the forums?
    This message was written by none other than me, chiefboz.
    Bored? Check out my blog or bug me on Bulbapedia! I take PMs and VMs, too. And American Express.

is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah, you can post ideas about any part of the site.
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I have an idea, that should go here rather than a thread on its own. Instead of making a Development Forum for all the ideas already starting their phases, like the Skins Forum, it should just be made into a Starting Phase Forum, or something along those lines. Primarily because the index will get too big if all the ideas passed get their own forum down there, then things will just be roomy.

is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Blog Entries

...that actually should go into a thread of its own.
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

It seems too silly to make a development thread about the development thread! I'm sure a post here should do the trick, if any~

Blog Entries

We'll change up the way the forum operates if size becomes an issue.

Blog Entries

I have a question - Is it bad if we vote too many ideas up? What I mean is, if there's an idea that's rather minor like the one about Favorite Type Badges, would you prefer us to vote it down in favor of an idea that will have a more significant effect on the website? Or is it alright to vote both of them up?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Puppetmaster View Post
    I have a question - Is it bad if we vote too many ideas up? What I mean is, if there's an idea that's rather minor like the one about Favorite Type Badges, would you prefer us to vote it down in favor of an idea that will have a more significant effect on the website? Or is it alright to vote both of them up?
    Vote up ideas that you think will improve the site in your eyes. Your criteria for up/down votes are up to you.

Panne Cottontail Kakuna Matata's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kakuna Matata on Tumblr

Is there a limit to how many threads we can post in this forum at a time?

Blog Entries

As long as each thread is individually worth posting, no.

Wooper will do the trick! Woopsy's Avatar

Why didn't my idea have a chance to reach -5?
    Why didn't it have a chance to be discussed?
    Why did that threat was closed on decision of 1 person?

Quote Originally Posted by Woopsy
    Could there be something in the sidebars of the moderators?
    Just to know who is a moderator (and who is not)
    It is probably also useful for new members...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sublime
    If you scroll to the bottom of this forum(and any forum that has assigned mods to it) you'll see this. And then we also have this.
    I already knew those two things, but I'm still thinking it is a good idea:
    * It would solve the minimodding problem: you can see who is just trying to help you and who is a real moderator...
    * If someone talking to you, you can see immediately if that person is a moderator or just a normal member...
    (ok, you can search his name in that list, but I have no time for that and probably when your searching for a name in that list you don't see it (even if it is there...))
    * I haven't time to learn that list... (and when a moderator changes his/her name, you got a problem...)
    * I only know +- 6 moderators and I only see them posting (I don't say the other moderators aren't posting, I just don't link the name on the bottem of a forum twich their posts)
    * I'm always wondering if the persons who's name is mentioned on the bottem of the forums even know that they are moderators... It would make it more personal when you see moderators posting themselves (when you can see in their posts that they are moderators), easier to ask something to them...
    * It would give a more safety feeling when you see that their are a lot of persons who make this forum clean and go smoothly...
    * It would also give thrust when you see moderators everywhere: you know when you ask them something, they will answer you or send you to someone who will answer you.
    * I'm also wondering if those who's names are on the bottem sometimes come online... (ok, you can see that on their profile pages, but when you see it in their post it would make it more personal, easier...)

If my idea gets -5, ok, but just give it a chance?

Blog Entries

Erm, you can tell who moderators are by the font of their username. Italics denotes a moderator, bold is a Super Moderator and Bold Italics is an admin.

As you can see the usernames in the sidebar/postbit, your idea is effectively there already. It probably would have been voted down if left open.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast