Welcome to the new Development Forum! [Read first: Rules inside!]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the new Development Forum! [Read first: Rules inside!]

Can I get an encore? evkl's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

Default Welcome to the new Development Forum! [Read first: Rules inside!]

Hi!

Welcome to the new Bulbagarden Development Forum. We've opened up the project development aspect of the site to the entire forum, so now anyone with an idea can contribute the idea and see it through to completion.

If you'll notice, this is now taking the place of the Suggestions Box. Now, suggestions are merged with Development.

Here's how this is going to work:

Idea Phase
    If you are posting an idea, your thread title should include the word IDEA in all caps. In the thread, describe your idea, however big or small it is.

In idea threads, other users can vote an idea UP or DOWN by posting a comment with the word UP or DOWN in it. This is important, commenters--you have to include your UP or DOWN vote in your post. Each UP vote is worth +1 point; each DOWN vote is worth -1 point. An idea that gets +10 points and is deemed feasible by the staff enters the DEVELOPMENT phase.

Ideas deemed by the staff to be worthy will be moved directly to the development phase.

If you see an idea already posted that you think is pretty good, but you have a better way to solve the same problem, make a post that starts with ALTERNATE SUGGESTION in that thread and include your idea.

IDEA threads will be closed if they reach -5 OR if they go more than 4 months with no new votes or alternate suggestions.

Development Phase
    If your project is chosen to enter development, congratulations! Depending on the nature of your suggestion, two paths are possible. First, another thread may be designated to work on the specifics of the project, with input open to everyone; this is a DEVELOPMENT thread. Alternatively, a new forum can be created to implement a bigger idea.

Concluding Thoughts
    We're all looking forward to people putting forward their ideas and working together to make Bulbagarden better. And the staff will be watching this forum closely--not only to evaluate and vote on ideas, but to look for bright users who constantly have good, viable ideas.

If you have any questions about the rules or the forum, please use this thread to ask them.
    Last edited by evkl; 22nd January 2011 at 10:11 PM.
    "And we're not gods, we're just hacks."

blog | twitter | Bulbagraphic

Blog Entries

Default Re: Welcome to the new Development Forum! [Read first: Rules inside!]

I was just wondering, if we've made recent ideas in the Suggestions Box, do we need to re-pitch them here or will they be subject to the older Suggestions Box process? I assume the latter but just thought I'd ask.

Blog Entries

So we put IDEA, then what Idea we have? Or just IDEA?

British Invasion $aturn¥oshi's Avatar Social Media Coordinator
    Blog Entries
    Follow $aturn¥oshi On Twitter Add $aturn¥oshi on Facebook Add $aturn¥oshi on Google+
    Follow $aturn¥oshi on Tumblr Visit $aturn¥oshi's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Cairo View Post
    I was just wondering, if we've made recent ideas in the Suggestions Box, do we need to re-pitch them here or will they be subject to the older Suggestions Box process? I assume the latter but just thought I'd ask.
    You are welcome to re-pitch them here.

Stumped Turtwig A's Avatar Bulbapedia Junior Administrator
    Blog Entries

Should the Idea threads have a poll in them to see who supports/opposes the idea, or is it only using posts?

(20:56:57) Luxis: All y'all are a bunch of Silly heads.
    RIP Giruja. Why must you have been fake?

(17:58:01) daytwon: why am i watchin ot turtwig
    (17:58:03) ±Dratini: daytwon was muted by Heather Star for 30 minutes! [Reason: inappropriate] [Channel: Trivia]

[15:26] Synthesis: he ain't godkilled
    [15:27] Ebail: Zam was Syn
    [15:27] Synthesis: it was an agreed sacrifice to the gods

British Invasion $aturn¥oshi's Avatar Social Media Coordinator
    Blog Entries
    Follow $aturn¥oshi On Twitter Add $aturn¥oshi on Facebook Add $aturn¥oshi on Google+
    Follow $aturn¥oshi on Tumblr Visit $aturn¥oshi's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemad View Post
    So we put IDEA, then what Idea we have? Or just IDEA?
    IDEA plus the idea you have.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Turtwig's A-B-Cs View Post
    Should the Idea threads have a poll in them to see who supports/opposes the idea, or is it only using posts?
    It's up to you. You can use polls if you want but not having polls may facilitate more discussion.

Also, if you need to see a recent Suggestions Box idea but can't for whatever reason, VM/PM me and I'll find your threads.

is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So what happened to the old forum?
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

Blog Entries

There's a place where we send old forums to die. It went there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gi-gi-gi-giaru! View Post
    So what happened to the old forum?
    It's been archived.
    3DS FC: 1203-9389-8130

Blog Entries

I think an idea reaching -5 and getting immediately zapped is a little hasty.

Personally, I'd make it so that it has to stay at or below -5 for at least a month, or reach -10. (maybe this would be an IDEA by itself >_<)
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

Blog Entries

This all looks great. Really. Keep it up, guys!

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Really this is a great thing for everyone. I look forward to seeing other people's inspirations for Bulbagarden and maybe coming up with some of my own ideas.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gi-gi-gi-giaru! View Post
    I think an idea reaching -5 and getting immediately zapped is a little hasty.

Personally, I'd make it so that it has to stay at or below -5 for at least a month, or reach -10. (maybe this would be an IDEA by itself >_<)
    I only see really poor ideas reaching a -5. If an idea was worth looking into and discussing, I'm sure there'd at least be some Thumbs Ups to balance against how many Thumbs Downs it'd happen to get.
    3DS FC: 1203-9389-8130

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ivysaur View Post
    I only see really poor ideas reaching a -5. If an idea was worth looking into and discussing, I'm sure there'd at least be some Thumbs Ups to balance against how many Thumbs Downs it'd happen to get.
    Yeah, but a number like -5 seems a little... too easy to reach.

Although, given the relatively low volume of regular users who'd post in this part of the forums, it might not be that bad of a level at first.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast