Splitting the Anime Section into Two Parts - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Splitting the Anime Section into Two Parts

powered by the sun farewell, friend's Avatar

Follow farewell, friend on Tumblr

Default Re: Splitting the Anime Section into Two Parts

UP. This would bring nice organization to the section, and it would probably encourage more people to participate.
    I'm the essence of
    daydreamer. time-waster. black and white painter.
    in an upside-down world.
    eyes closed. dreams unfold. ascending realities; open to me.

Blog Entries
    Follow Green Zubat On Twitter Add Green Zubat on Facebook
    Follow Green Zubat on Tumblr Visit Green Zubat's Youtube Channel

Well, we have it for the games section and that seems pretty organized and active, so UP I say.

Credit to Missingno. Master for creating this lovely team snap for my sig :)

Banana eating Gengar GengarEatBanana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think it would be good for the Anime section to be a bit more organized. UP
    White FC: 2237-0577-3400
    Bulbagarden PO Server!
    P.World | N.World

Blog Entries
    Follow Shadow Raikou On Twitter Add Shadow Raikou on Google+
    Visit Shadow Raikou's Youtube Channel

Down

Completely Unnecessary.

They should make all quadruple Pokemon ride able along with Gogoat.

Blog Entries

I'm gonna say Down as well. I don't think splitting the anime section in two is gonna be the solution to the problem mentioned in the OP. There's gonna be comparaisons to older sagas in the BW section, then the more... nostalgic part of the fandom will come in to "defend" their favourite characters or favourite saga, flame wars ensue, etc.

Though good intentions, I just don't see results.

Blog Entries

I don't see why we can't all just be one big happy family. Splitting sections is almost like saying older fans and newer fans can't get along. As long as the conversations don't get personal or nasty then I like debating with people who don't necessarily share my opinions. It's better to have one place where all aspects of the anime can be discussed. More fun :)

Blog Entries

Follow Arc Blader on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    I don't see why we can't all just be one big happy family. Splitting sections is almost like saying older fans and newer fans can't get along. As long as the conversations don't get personal or nasty then I like debating with people who don't necessarily share my opinions. It's better to have one place where all aspects of the anime can be discussed. More fun :)
    Fans of all sagas have difficulty getting along. Splitting sections would just make it easier for discussions relating strictly to the older series to be found and fostered. As of this post, there is one thread on the front page of the Anime forum that relates strictly to anything prior to BW.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Puppetmaster View Post
    The first part would be for threads discussing the current saga (BW), while the second part would be for threads discussing past sagas (OS, AG, DP). The past sagas area wouldn't be for previews/reviews for which we already have a subforum; it would be for topics discussing past characters, Pokémon, etc. that don't pertain to or aren't included in the show now.

An example of how this would be helpful:

User 1 creates a thread discussing Misty's time on the show. User 2 posts in the thread, saying, "Not another one. You know this is going to get closed."

In the past saga area of the anime section, users could create threads discussing such topics without having pointless posts and could actually spur meaningful discussion. This isn't to say the same types of threads should be made over and over again here; it's merely providing a place for users who preferred past sagas to discuss whatever they want about them in a place that's not predominately about the current saga.
    I am all for this idea on the grounds that for once myself and the others who want to discuss the past would FINALLY be able to do so in peace without rude and arrogant people barging in and making off topic remarks or trying to derail the discussion into a flame war. The example of discussing Misty is an excellent one and is the most problematic topic with the existing setup along with showing my personal frustration with this forum as a whole. The point brought up about Pokemon anime fans being heavily polarized is quite true. There really is no middle ground between fans of the new series and fans of any older series and giving both sides their own place to discuss their favorites to me looks like the best course of action. Also to those who say its a "minority" you are completely wrong. The people in this group are just largely inactive because they have been scared off or trolled/flamed into submission and are afraid to post due to the fear that someone will cause trouble even if they said something constructive. I distinctly remember an incident where someone made comments so ugly toward one person that said victim was hurt badly and cried heavily.
    Last edited by nickstr; 18th April 2011 at 04:14 PM.
    Are you a fan of Misty? if so please visit #misty4ever on irc.systemnet.info or through this gateway. http://raybound.com/misty/HeavyApplet.html
    I don't calculate stat values, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are. I just play the game normally. If you agree copy & paste this in your sig.
    Want Johto on DVD in the US and Canada? LET VIZ KNOW! http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/pokemonjohto

Blog Entries

The intention of splitting the anime section into two parts isn't just for making it easier to maintain peace. I was thinking that since some users don't watch the show anymore (not necessarily due to nostalgia) because they just don't find it interesting or don't have the time to watch it, implementing a second section for previous sagas would allow them to discuss what they know about the show prior to BW/DP (which they can do now, but isn't typically done because the current section is mainly about what's popular now, which is the current saga).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nickstr View Post
    I am all for this idea on the grounds that for once myself and the others who want to discuss the past would FINALLY be able to do so in peace without rude and arrogant people barging in and making off topic remarks or trying to derail the discussion into a flame war.
    If you want to discuss Misty without any interference... there's you know... the Misty Club. Same thing... isn't there a social group specially dedicated to fans of the original series?

I fail to see how seperating the anime section in two will solve the situation you're raising since...

1- I mean, this new section would still be open to everybody, not just to fans of the original series. Anybody and everybody would be able to post there and respond, even those who express opinions that you perceive as flaming and trolling.

2- Even then, in the BW forum, there'd still be comparaisons and references to theolder sagas that the fans of some characters/sagas would feel the need to "defend".

3- Threads that specifically pertain to older sagas generally work well as is in the anime section, with a recent DP thread and a Misty thread not really causing any major conflict.

4- As mentionned above, alternatives already exist.

Blog Entries

UPDATE: The anime mods are the discussing the possibility of a different type of new sub-forum.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12