Skin Request Thread

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Skin Request Thread

Can I get an encore? evkl's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

Default Skin Request Thread

So we've got our first idea in for-real development.

Here's what's going to happen: everyone has the next two weeks to request up to three skins. For each skin, please provide as much detail as possible (what colors, what you're looking for, etc.)

We're going to take all the requests and then put them into a bracket. From there, we'll get the top bunch and put them to a vote. The top bunch of that will be the first skins we plan to develop on vB4, plus a few that we like that don't make the voting process. The exact numbers depend on the total number of submissions.

Use this thread to request skins. Remember, you can only request three. If you have questions, ask in the Questions Thread or drop me a PM/VM.
    "And we're not gods, we're just hacks."

blog | twitter | Bulbagraphic

Default Re: Skin Request Thread

Since we've had a Diamond/Pearl Skin, what about a Black/White Skin? It would probably use black/dark grey in the background, and white/light grey in the foreground so text can be read easily.

Spriteshop | URPG Stats

SoulSilver FC: 0045-9985-8956

Blog Entries

Follow CommanderPigg on Tumblr Visit CommanderPigg's Youtube Channel

Only 3?? Oh noes...Uhh...

1. Dento Skin (similar to the one I posted here.) Though, the icons could use a bit of work.

(and that's all I have in terms of full detailed suggestions for now. I do, however, would die for a Paul or N theme as well :P)

"seasons change, people change"

I want to suggest a few skins.

Gelato Paradise- A theme centered around the Pokemon Vanillite, Vanillish, and Vanilluxe. The colors would be a mixture of whites and shades of blues. The logo would be the Ice Cream Pokemon with the text "Bulbaparlor Forums" or something cheesy, and the little icon next to "Bulbagarden forums" would be "".

Jurassic Park- Theme surrounding Fossil Pokemon. Colors would be mostly different shades of green and some browns, like very prehistoric-ish if you know what I mean. The logo would have Rampardos, Cradily, Kabutops, and Archeops with text saying something like "Bulbagarden: Forums before time".

Shhhh
    Blog Entries

What about a jungle skin.
    A foresty green with like a vine background starring mankey, primape, tauros, etc. Basically the monkey bunch of pokemon.
    And mabye a cheesy sign like Bulbaforest forums: no monkeying around.

cheese! Insanish Danish's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Insanish Danish on Tumblr

I would seriously love an Iris skin, probably with colors that match her (like purple and yellow) and a really cute shot of her in the corner, similar to Misty's Cerulean Blues and Haruka's Joy.
    back to being a non-edible pastry

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Maybe a skin similar to the color scheme on Pokemon.com? It'd be a nice work-in.

Ooh, and a Suigmori art skin. :D

Shhhh
    Blog Entries

Or what about an dragon theme featuring the new dragons with black & white as the main stars but include some oldies also like the weather ones and latios and latios and palkia dialga and giratina with like the yin yang colors.

Blog Entries

Well, since we have a skin for every other character besides the main character, I suggest we finally get an Ash Ketchum skin.

And I would prefer to see a nostalgia style skin for Ash.

- Classic Ash (original Ash outfit, which can use his original Pokemon sprites from Kanto and Johto). Colors will be Blue, Red, White, Black, and Green (with Blue, Red and White, and Black as dominating colors, Blue symbolizing Ash's jacket, with Red and White symbolizing his hat, and finally Black relates to his black hair and his shirt). Green is optional.

For the header, how about we use a combination of several Ash pics, for different poses/emotions, etc?
    Last edited by Trainer Lisa; 15th February 2011 at 07:49 AM.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Here are my requests:

1. Dark Illusions

It'll be a Zorua/Zoroark theme. The dominant color would be black, like in the backgrounds and such, and block headers would be red, a certain color scheme that just screams, "Deceit and darkness have never been so much fun". New Post icons could be a Zoroark while No New Post icons could be a Zorua. And the Bulbagarden Forums logo could be artwork of Zoroark and/or Zorua drawn by one of the members here.

2. Industrial Battles

This would be a Steel-type theme, where the color scheme would be gray colors and such, a scheme that screams "Factory that manufactures the best Pokemon Trainers you'll ever battle!" The New Posts icon could be a Shiny Magnemite while the No New Posts icons could be a sleeping, regular Magnemite. The Bulbagarden Forums logo could have artworks, provided by members here, of Steel-type Pokemon, such as Magnezone, Metagross, Steelix, Skarmory, Klink, etc..

3. Celestial Flight

This would be an outer space skin with Jirachi being the main theme. The color scheme would be similar to Return, only the blue parts would be changed to a brighter color, maybe a deeper blue or bright scarlet, to reflect the view on stars. A scheme that would just make this song play in your head when you see it! The New Post icons could be a big blue star and the No New Posts icon could be the rock Jirachi was contained in, like in the film it starred in. The Bulbagarden Forums logo could have a Jirachi drawing flying in front of the moon as the logo, created by a member here, of course. And a neat little thing could be this: a program, similar to Christmas 2009's snow effect, wherein shooting stars would fly across the screen every chunk of seconds. Not all at once, no! XD Like, one star shooting diagonally down the screen every 6-10 seconds or so. Something facinating like that!
    Last edited by Dr. GM; 3rd February 2011 at 11:40 PM.

Blog Entries

Dark-type Pokemon Skin

Featuring Dark-type Pokemon; black forum layout, similar to SPPf's Dark-type Pokemon skin.

Forum markers: Zoroark for new posts, "shadowed" Zoroark (or Zorua) for no new posts. Alternatively Absol.

Banner at the top: featuring multiple Dark-type Pokemon, i.e. Zoroark, Absol, Darkrai, Weavile, Hyderigon, and Houndoom.
    3DS FC: 1203-9389-8130

Rocket traditionalist Hunter Blade's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Hunter Blade on Tumblr

One with Mew. There are a few ways it could go down:

1. Typical Mew layout with shades of pink. Extremely basic, nothing special. Least likely to happen. But if we want a basic one, here it is.

2. Mew expedition team travelling through South America. Jungles, explorers, and a playful Mew flitting about. Maybe a mountain somewhere in the background. If possible, the overall background for the page could be a graphic of a map similar to this:

3. Deep-sea Mew. Maybe sleeping in that bubble, maybe awake and floating around in it. Could show off some of the new Water-types too, along with a mash-up of Tentacool or something.
    Team Rocket - We're back in business.
    Actually, I never left.

Blog Entries

Bugs Rule Gen V Skin

Layout: A darker version of Serebii's Bug type skin.
    Forum Markers: Genesect's head for new posts, Dimmed Genesect's head for no new posts.
    Banner: One of those "Bug Types Rule Gen. V" banners with Shubarago, Denchura and Ulgamoth on it.
    Little Icon Next to "Bulbagarden Forums":

Johto Skin
    Layout: Gold and Silver, Probably Silver for the foreground.
    Forum Markers: Ho-Oh's head for new posts, Lugia's head for no new posts.
    Banner: One with art of all the johto gym leaders with the word "Johto" on it.
    Little icon next to "Bulbagarden Forums":

Ash and Sewaddle Skin (Morru posted it on Page 2 and I thought it was WIN)
    Layout: Orangey Yellow, Green, Red, White.
    Forum Markers: Sewaddle's head for new posts, Ash's dimmed head for no new posts.
    Banner: Like this probably using fanart.
    Little icon next to "Bulbagarden Forums":

That's me done.
    Last edited by Krookodile; 4th February 2011 at 05:35 PM.

Blog Entries
    Follow Durbe On Twitter Add Durbe on Facebook

The only one that I could think of that would be good is a Grass Gym Leader skin with the banner having Erika, Gardenia, and Cilan standing side-by-side along with a color scheme similar to Bulbagarden Classic, but with black and white borders to match Cilan's outfit.
    FC: 2723-9571-7949 IGN: Toshiro

Whispers in the dark... DarkDreams's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I want a Steven Stone and Red (The character) skin. Like, badly.

The Steven Stone skin could be Silver and white, with a little gold/pale blue. This can be used to be next to the Bulbagarden Forums (or if you want it faster..). If needed, I could make the banner or show an example.

Edit button: Metang
    Quote: Metagross
    Post reply: Aggron
    Multiquote: Beldum
    Quick reply: Skarmory

They should be a pale silver-blue colour.
    For the Red forum, Red and Black I guess would look good. Overworlds for Red as well. If you want me to make a banner/example, sure. But I'm lazy so you can do it
    Last edited by DarkDreams; 8th February 2011 at 02:13 AM.
    KPU GM/ModSteven Stone Lover <3

...And so the elegant night vanquished the morning sun...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast