Redirect users to read new announcements, rules etc - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Redirect users to read new announcements, rules etc

Blog Entries
    Follow Noivern On Twitter

Default Re: Redirect users to read new announcements, rules etc

ALTERNATE SUGGESTION: How about making the user read the announcement at the top of the page instead? The actual content will be there when you scroll down. If it's not available by default, it should be feasible - I have seen a few vB3 forums doing it.
    Hey, it's Noivern here. I like Noivern a lot. I like Katy Perry. I want a Hydreigon plushie. Also, I'm a total PC geek.
    Links

Laziness is a virtue Iteru's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ax-ax-axew! View Post
    ALTERNATE SUGGESTION: How about making the user read the announcement at the top of the page instead? The actual content will be there when you scroll down. If it's not available by default, it should be feasible - I have seen a few vB3 forums doing it.
    I'm quite interested in this idea. Would this be at the top of the index page or for every page?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cairo View Post
    I'm quite interested in this idea. Would this be at the top of the index page or for every page?
    Put that notice on the relevant subforum/the whole forum, depending on the situation. When the user is done with it, he/she can close it. (To be safe, a thread regarding the announcement/notice should be made in a specific forum.)
    Hey, it's Noivern here. I like Noivern a lot. I like Katy Perry. I want a Hydreigon plushie. Also, I'm a total PC geek.
    Links

In glorious technicolor The Outrage's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by A-a-axew! View Post
    Put that notice on the relevant subforum/the whole forum, depending on the situation. When the user is done with it, he/she can close it. (To be safe, a thread regarding the announcement/notice should be made in a specific forum.)
    Announcements are located at the top of forums/subforums, they do have announcements posted on relevant forums as well, and there is a place where threads regarding announcements and notices are posted.

People skip over forum descriptions, stickies that clearly say READ and everything else.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Outrage View Post
    Announcements are located at the top of forums/subforums, they do have announcements posted on relevant forums as well, and there is a place where threads regarding announcements and notices are posted.

People skip over forum descriptions, stickies that clearly say READ and everything else.
    My idea is that the notice is on the top of the page, with the full information on the notice itself. And big title size. To make sure the user at least skims it.
    Links

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123