Gen 5:
    LC
    OU
    Ubers

Side Metagames:
    1v1 (gen 4 and 5)
    Challenge Cup
    1v1 Challenge Cup

I would say no Dream world because no one even knows if all the pokemon will be released yet, and to me it seems pointless. not to mention it is extremely similar to standard OU with Shandera banned. Only ditto and techniloom make it different, which doesn't warrant a metagame. I've gotten to the finals of several DW tours with my wifi team, so I dont think its enough of a tier to advocate its own tier.

ADV OU is because ADV is actually played but I think Ubers and UU are barely played at all, in comparison to OU, which is played much more, like in all generations.

Challenge cup is immensely fun and deserves a ladder, so people can find other battlers. Its very annoying when people randomly challenge you, and this is an easier way to find battles.

I don't have Gen 5 UU because you need usage statistics and I dont trust PO's UU tiers. Why not? Latias and Mew were UU for the longest time. Anyone who does that cant be reliable, since it is based on usage statistics. I would trust Smogon, but it doesn't have UU yet. We could make our own UU when we have more people, but I don't see enough of a base to gets alot of usage statistics.

Other ideas:
    middle cup gen 4
    All the stuff badal mentioned and I didn't
    ADV UU/Ubers
    Our own tiers (we could be the only people to start out without a ban list)
    If we are having a battle and I disconnect, it is 100% unintentional; my power goes off often and each time my modem resets.

Gone until Aug, 10 or something for a trip w/out net access. C u after that. If I suddenly dissapear after that you can bet I got bad grades on my IGCSE's, since results are coming out the week afterwards.

Blog Entries
    Follow Vaexa On Twitter

Default Re: Pokemon Online Server

Back when we were discussing this in the regular dev forum I already offered to host a server in case it was needed.

So yeah, pretty muchly posting to let you guys know that I can host a server or act as a backup in case something happens to the primary host.
    Everything is possible in the game of life.

Blog Entries

Don't forget about Doubles and VGC.

Much love to Zurr

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P Gligar13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ivysaur View Post
    There's no alternative whatsoever? Surely a computer can't be left running 24/7 forever. Sooner or later issues will come up and it'll have to shut down, be it overheating, updates, etc.
    If you have a UPS, you can run a PC 24x7, as long as you put it in room tempature and a clean room. I have run PCs 24/7 before.

Also, the PO server comes with VGC and Smogon tiers built in for gen III, IV, V, and VGC 2009 and 2010. And you can add your own rules, like I made a test server with a no rules tier only and ran it for a while.

You don't need much power, I ran a smaller server on a Pentium III Compaq with XP and 256mb ram. And VMWare/VPC2007 will work, just install the VM additions.
    dA::YT::furaffinity::Yes, I DID claim Gligar.

Can I get an encore? evkl's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Illustrious View Post
    Back when we were discussing this in the regular dev forum I already offered to host a server in case it was needed.

So yeah, pretty muchly posting to let you guys know that I can host a server or act as a backup in case something happens to the primary host.
    Could you have the basic infrastructure for a server (software/etc.) ready by the end of this weekend?
    "And we're not gods, we're just hacks."

blog | twitter | Bulbagraphic

Blog Entries
    Follow Vaexa On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by evkl View Post
    Could you have the basic infrastructure for a server (software/etc.) ready by the end of this weekend?
    Depends on amount of homework and situation re. my little brother. I will try the best I can, though.

Can I get an encore? evkl's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

Thanks. Let me know.
    "And we're not gods, we're just hacks."

blog | twitter | Bulbagraphic

Hipsteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer Phoenicks's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There was a proposal floating around earlier about basing tiers on the rate at which Pokemon are used. Some pokemon would be banned automatically; others would become banned temporarily if they hit a certain threshold (used in 1 of 3 teams, for example).

Don't forget Little Cup; that's always been my favorite division since PS2.
    "The inward skies of man will accompany him across any void upon which he ventures and will be with him to the end of time." -- Loren Eiseley

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

If needed, I can host the server. I have at least two computers on all the time, and have three others that I can hook up. I generally only use one.

Only thing is, I live in the Chicago area, specifically around Plainfield, as in the 1990 Plainfield tornado. So... who knows what'll happen.

Blog Entries

We could always use immewnity as our primary server host and then if anything happens use Illoustrous as our secondary host.

This is great guys

DCM
    Blog Entries

The staff is considering possible hosts. However, if you think you're able to be the server host, we'd love it if you would actually see if you can. Again, I encourage you to think about possible setbacks from running a server. I'd prefer to deal with issues now rather than later.
    “And as to you life, I reckon you are the leavings of many deaths, No doubt I have died myself ten thousand times before.”

W.W.

Blog Entries
    Follow Noivern On Twitter

I wonder if I could volunteer? (To be a backup, that is)
    Hey, it's Noivern here. I like Noivern a lot. I like Katy Perry. I want a Hydreigon plushie. Also, I'm a total PC geek.
    Links

Blog Entries
    Follow Shadow Raikou On Twitter Add Shadow Raikou on Google+
    Visit Shadow Raikou's Youtube Channel

i talked abt this to tm2 and one more mod, they said they were working abt it. Its very important for tournament ppl

They should make all quadruple Pokemon ride able along with Gogoat.

Blog Entries
    Follow Vaexa On Twitter

Alright, just an update, I'm currently working on setting up a test server on my laptop to see if I can actually make it it work. If it works, I'll try setting it up on my PC, which I can leave running 24/7. I'll probably have the test server on my laptop ready today, and I might also be able to get it working on my PC by the end of the day.

Blog Entries
    Follow Noivern On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Illustrious View Post
    Alright, just an update, I'm currently working on setting up a test server on my laptop to see if I can actually make it it work. If it works, I'll try setting it up on my PC, which I can leave running 24/7. I'll probably have the test server on my laptop ready today, and I might also be able to get it working on my PC by the end of the day.
    Well, when it's ready... do you have server testers? I can volunteer to be a tester.
    Hey, it's Noivern here. I like Noivern a lot. I like Katy Perry. I want a Hydreigon plushie. Also, I'm a total PC geek.
    Links

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast