Pokémon Tournament/League

View Poll Results: Which Idea do YOU prefer?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Option 1 [League]

2 40.00%
  • Option 2 [Simulator League]

3 60.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Tournament/League

Blog Entries

Default Pokémon Tournament/League

Bulbagarden Competitive Development

Hello, I was looking through the IPGL and saw that there was a lack of actual activity.

With the development of our tiering system and our own Pokémon Online Server, I figured that we should expand into being able to support a fully functional simulator league.

There are a few ideas in my head right now, quite basic, but lets see.

I personally felt that the current system of running a "gym" league wasn't particularly the best one considering the lack of activity. I have been a gym leader on the Pokémon Online Forums and its not enjoyable to be annoyed every time you go online with a battle. I figured I'd leave that as an option.

Option 1

Option 2:

Maybe we could have both?

Comments and Suggestions to add on stuff or to change stuff is more than welcome

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokémon Tournament/League

Already one step ahead of you, bro. I'll invite you to the group because you seem to have good ideas, but don't make me hate you.

Much love to Zurr

Blog Entries

Well, it sounds good, but then again, I don't want this to be a replacement to IPGL, I wouldn't mind having the expansion and this side-by-side.

Can I get an encore? evkl's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

If IPGL is too low-trafficked for you, what makes you think that we could support two active leagues side by side?
    "And we're not gods, we're just hacks."

blog | twitter | Bulbagraphic

Blog Entries

The need for users to constantly play matches. IPGL is a different format, a repititive one, plus it being exclusive to Wi-Fi restricts it at the moment. Another thing restricting activity in IPGL is varied rules for every gym, here a user can get away with having just one team through the tournament. That and the appearance of new ideas I think will help pull this through.

DCM
    Blog Entries

talk with the IPGL gym leaders about this. Try to work out something with them.
    “And as to you life, I reckon you are the leavings of many deaths, No doubt I have died myself ten thousand times before.”

W.W.

Blog Entries

Yeah. I'll post this in the IPGL Dev group too, but I just posted this here to help refine/correct any changes that need to be done. Aside from that, I don't think this needs to be linked to the IPGL, considering that this is very different and the gym leaders won't necessarily have anything to do with it, but its ok if you feel we should.

EDIT: It'd be nice to get other people's opinions on this idea. It would be good for the competitive community to tell me their views on this so we can go ahead with it.

Find Me On The Youtubez SaffronGamer's Avatar

I think that this idea should be included with the IPGL after the upgrade from Gen IV to Gen V.

I really like this tho, its like haveing teams and fighting other teams basically, right?
    ------------------------------------------------
    the trading team members might not work out too well unless theres some rules restricting how you trade the pple.
    trading your team memebers might make some the member that you are trading away very angry.
    this option shouldn't be allowed on a regular basis.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    The other members of the IPGL renovation group may be able to give good ideas aswell

this could help the forum become more competative if it works out.

Blog Entries

So you basically want Pokemon Online clans and have tournaments? I don't understand how you can't just create clans in the Social Groups and organize tournaments in the Tournament forums or on PO.
    Former staff member - 2010
    Formerly known as - insomniac
    Competitive Player

Blog Entries

Clans are quite different. I don't like the idea of clans. It makes it seem to violent. Consider this as a "league" a league of teams, similar to the NBA, EPL, MLS, NFL, etc.

DCM
    Blog Entries

I don't see why you can't use this: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/competitions.php?do=teams
    “And as to you life, I reckon you are the leavings of many deaths, No doubt I have died myself ten thousand times before.”

W.W.

Blog Entries

Well for one, you can't start tournaments, secondly, you can join as many teams as you want, and lastly, it has teams which were made ages ago, including users who aren't active anymore.

Also another reason why Social groups isn't such a great idea- mods won't be able to play, several mods, namely you Sublime and F-22, play competitively and we could loose 2 players if we use social groups.

EDIT: Unless the teams thing is fixed, I think Separate Tournament>Social Groups>The teams thing DCM linked.

DCM
    Blog Entries

I don't see why you can't just make new teams and why you'd lose two people if you used social groups.

W.W.

Blog Entries

Because its no fun if the users can see through the other team, the whole point is to not know what the other team's strategy is. I think having threads as a medium to host rather than the teams (You can't make more than one team iirc)is more beneficial since you can talk and stuff, it gives it the feel of a proper tournament.

DCM
    Blog Entries

Social Groups. You can set them so only members if them can view it

W.W.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast