Pokémon Online Server

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Online Server

Blog Entries

Default Pokémon Online Server

Considering that we have a fairly large communtiy of battlers, coolking and me were talking, this time around we may have a better chance of getting a PO sever set up considering that we will have more users using it.
    Quoting an earlier thread with a change (shoddy to PO)

I (and I'm sure other members) like to use PO both for testing out teams, and for getting quick battles within sets of rules (you can't play only UU on Wi-Fi, for example). I think it would be even better if we could play against people we know, and get to meet others, on these forums, instead of playing against people you have little chance of knowing on Smogon.
    I don't know much about Shoddy servers, but if one can be run from two different places at the same time, we could even have it run by users, instead of taking up bandwidth on the Bulbagarden server. If it was run by volunteer users, they would get the perk of the server always being up when they want to use it, and everyone else would generally get more server space if more people are using it, because of the proportional number of people on running the server.
    So, should Bulbagarden get a PO server.
    So can't we use some BMGf money to run a server?65

Blog Entries

Follow hurristat on Tumblr

Default Re: Pokémon Online Server

Eh, I don't like this idea... sounds like more work and server space than necessary. DOWN

Blog Entries
    Follow Tolan On Twitter
    Follow Tolan on Tumblr

I would say up, if the battling community he was bigger. But, the battling communtiy here isn't that big, so, down.

Blog Entries

I vote UP if we can find someone who can run the server and knows how to work it.
    Former staff member - 2010
    Formerly known as - insomniac
    Competitive Player

now's the time to shine coolking503's Avatar
    Blog Entries

UP

I'm not sure how many non-competitive battlers appreciate this, but playing against quality opponents is tough on PO's ladder and Smogon's doesn't have enough people. Not only does this let us meet other forumers, it also lets us battle against good competition and test teams. It also adds a new element to the IPGL.
    If we are having a battle and I disconnect, it is 100% unintentional; my power goes off often and each time my modem resets.

Gone until Aug, 10 or something for a trip w/out net access. C u after that. If I suddenly dissapear after that you can bet I got bad grades on my IGCSE's, since results are coming out the week afterwards.

Blog Entries
    Follow Noivern On Twitter

UP

We need a new server for the new generation.
    Hey, it's Noivern here. I like Noivern a lot. I like Katy Perry. I want a Hydreigon plushie. Also, I'm a total PC geek.
    Links

Blog Entries

Badal, I would remove the part about BMGf money....it doesn't cost any money to run it as long as we have someone who will always have their computer on to run the server.

Quote Originally Posted by hurristat View Post
    Eh, I don't like this idea... sounds like more work and server space than necessary. DOWN
    You do realize this is not being hosted by the same servers that host the Bulbagarden site?

Anyways, voting up

Before posting in Battle Strategies, please read the rules and simple questions stickies!

Still rating competitive teams via VM/PM, as well as accepting questions or discussion about battle strategies.
    Pro-tip: Wondercard events can't be shiny unless they're set to be always shiny like PCP.

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

Voting this one, UP! A server for Bulbagarden is a really neat idea!

Blog Entries

It's a splendid idea, imo. Battling random opponents gets beyond tiresome so I'm voting UP

Blog Entries

UP

This sounds as if it would make it easier to get involved with the battling community at BMGf.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

UP

I wholeheartedly support the idea of an official Bulbagarden PO server hosted by volunteers. We can easily use this to further develop our battling community and reach out to members of our userbase who would otherwise have little interest in competitive battling.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by F-22 View Post
    Badal, I would remove the part about BMGf money....it doesn't cost any money to run it as long as we have someone who will always have their computer on to run the server.

You do realize this is not being hosted by the same servers that host the Bulbagarden site?

Anyways, voting up
    The reason I talked about the money was because if we can't get anyone to host on BMGf for free, we could pay server hosting companies to do it (?)

Blog Entries

UP but they were already planning to do this, they've been planning to since the Tournament, it's not a new idea.

Much love to Zurr

DCM
    Blog Entries

Staff has been working on getting a server for almost a year. The main problem is finding someone who can actually host the server (no staff member can leave their computer on 24/7, I already checked) but if someone can do it, I vote Up
    “And as to you life, I reckon you are the leavings of many deaths, No doubt I have died myself ten thousand times before.”

W.W.

Blog Entries

Visit double trouble!'s Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by hurristat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolanator View Post
    I would say up, if the battling community he was bigger. But, the battling communtiy here isn't that big, so, down.
    PO doesn't use a lot of bandwidth. I don't see the big deal.

Also, you don't need to be competitive to battle on simulators (if that's what you mean by "battling community").

UP

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast