Our own tiering system: Empirical Tiers - Page 14
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Our own tiering system: Empirical Tiers

is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Our own tiering system: Empirical Tiers

Quote Originally Posted by Heathcliff Huxtable View Post
    I think that any and all official Bulbagarden tournaments should stick to established metagames for the time being. We should, however, be able to have as many unofficial, testing tournaments as we want.
    I agree completely with this. Until the system is actually developed, we shouldn't be using it for anything official and final. (We can still use it for official stuff, but not something major like a tournament.)
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

Based Mod Dan's Avatar Social Media EditorModerator
    Blog Entries

Ok, to keep you up to date.

I'm waiting for this project to get it's own subforum so we can really hash these things out, but we can plan now.

I'm aiming for this tournament to fall on the 30th 5:00 PM EST.

In my opinion and what most likely will be happening is this will be an OU tournament. Banlist will follow.

any other questions?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DCM View Post
    any other questions?
    Yes. Will this tournament affect the tier statistics?

Because we'll have hell with the Ubers after that.

Although, really, if you're willing to wait a few more months for the system to stabilize, I don't see why we can't have them contribute.
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

now's the time to shine coolking503's Avatar
    Blog Entries

One question:

WHY MUST ALL THE TOURNAMENTS BE AT MIDNIGHT?
    /end rage

no really, why can't the tournament not be a live tournament?`Yeah, that wont get the one off server usage up, but it will increase consistent usage. And it means people who dont live in the USA can play in the tournament.

lastly, Smogon or PO tiers? I say smogon, and most people agree judging from the vote in my tournament which got over recently.
    If we are having a battle and I disconnect, it is 100% unintentional; my power goes off often and each time my modem resets.

Gone until Aug, 10 or something for a trip w/out net access. C u after that. If I suddenly dissapear after that you can bet I got bad grades on my IGCSE's, since results are coming out the week afterwards.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by coolking503 View Post
    no really, why can't the tournament not be a live tournament?`Yeah, that wont get the one off server usage up, but it will increase consistent usage. And it means people who dont live in the USA can play in the tournament.
    I think I'd actually agree with this. Also, we need a ladder going.

Based Mod Dan's Avatar Social Media EditorModerator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sazand*ra View Post
    Yes. Will this tournament affect the tier statistics?

Because we'll have hell with the Ubers after that.

Although, really, if you're willing to wait a few more months for the system to stabilize, I don't see why we can't have them contribute.
    statistics can't be calculated excluding this tournament? That's why I put it so late in the month.

Quote Originally Posted by coolking503 View Post
    One question:

WHY MUST ALL THE TOURNAMENTS BE AT MIDNIGHT?
    /end rage

lastly, Smogon or PO tiers? I say smogon, and most people agree judging from the vote in my tournament which got over recently.
    To be completely honest with you, I plan most of my tournaments based around my own time zone. I'll look into another format. Smogon tiers.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DCM View Post
    statistics can't be calculated excluding this tournament? That's why I put it so late in the month.
    They can, but this tournament would probably make up, like, 75% of the usage.

To be completely honest with you, I plan most of my tournaments based around my own time zone. I'll look into another format. Smogon tiers.
    Sure thing.

Blog Entries

Any news on this?

Made by Blue Dragon!

Blog Entries

As long as the Bulbagarden PO server isn't up, we can't put this system to the test.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314