A New User's Nightmare

Thread: A New User's Nightmare

Angry A New User's Nightmare

The register page is flawed. You cannot make an account without using the Facebook Connect feature. I actually hate facebook and just wanted to make an account here. There is nothing under "If you're a human, this little anti-spam task shouldn't be too hard...". I've checked it from two countries (USA and Japan) and in multiple web browsers. Still nothing.

Also, the introduction message is junk. It says the following: "Our records indicate that you have never posted to our site before! Why not make your first post today by saying hello to our community in our Introductions forum." Okay, so I spent a few minutes looking for this so-called "Introductions Forums" and I can't find it. Does it really exist? If it does exist, couldn't you at least make the words "Introduction forums" a link so I can find the hidden forum?

Default Re: A New User's Nightmare

The introduction forum is located here:The Garden Grotto (Welcome and Rules) You can make a thread there introducing yourself to the community.

Sorry about that. We've done a minor fix so people can register again.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquanova View Post
    The introduction forum is located here:The Garden Grotto (Welcome and Rules) You can make a thread there introducing yourself to the community.
    Thanks. I was frustrated after making my account, so that's probably why I didn't find it right off. Personally, I would have called it "The Garden Grotto" in the message instead of "Introduction Forum" (since there isn't a forum with that name).

@Musashi
    Glad you fixed it.

黒い王様 Archaic's Avatar Webmaster
    Blog Entries
    Follow Archaic On Twitter

Looks like the error was caused by an out of date API key. The provider for the CAPTCHA we were using had changed things without notifying users.
    神出鬼没 - shin shutsu ki botsu

Agent of SHIELD $aturn¥oshi's Avatar Social Media Coordinator
    Blog Entries
    Follow $aturn¥oshi On Twitter Add $aturn¥oshi on Facebook Add $aturn¥oshi on Google+
    Follow $aturn¥oshi on Tumblr Visit $aturn¥oshi's Youtube Channel

I could not find the intro message (I know the welcome PM already links the Grotto), so maybe @Archaic; knows where to change it.

黒い王様 Archaic's Avatar Webmaster
    Blog Entries
    Follow Archaic On Twitter

I've updated it.
    神出鬼没 - shin shutsu ki botsu