Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Music Section

Blog Entries

Default Re: Music Section

We have:
    Tindeck
    MySpace
    SoundCloud

I apologize if I missed out on anything. But I think Myspace/Tindeck are more superior options. So its up to you to decide.

Less than an hour from Archaic of Bulbagarden

For reference, I'm still around. I put the project in my 'inactive' folder until you guys got a handle on stuff. I couldn't post again because the last time I double-posted one of your 'intellectual' staff gave me an infraction.

By the way, turn on the automerging feature. It's vBulletin standard I think unless vB really has gone to utter ass.

So yeah like what's been said, I provided you an MSN address and got no contact other than Zekurom, who I've been talking to since I handed over the keys to FourStarMon last year.

Blog Entries

Well what do you need us to speak to you about? I mean if you have any questions or queries you should come and speak to us, ask us. We don't know what you're doing unless you tell us.

And I don't know what to do unless you tell me. It's really not rocket science, but I can't go off with an ambiguous idea of what you might like. I need a specific set of instructions.

Blog Entries

Ok Well I'll just quote from parts of the thread:
    A simple system for uploading and streaming the music, and commenting on the music.
    Again, I'm proposing the Newgrounds model - users are "unapproved" at first - their first submitted work will go through the mods. If they pass that check, other works they submit will be let through automatically, and the user will be "approved". However, if they fail the check, then the work will not go through, and the user will stay "unapproved".
    Also, if its possible can users post "Vocaroo" stuff up directly, so lets say I post a song- "XYZ" and user "A" listens to it, User A wants to say that my note on one of the lines is a bit off and he show's me how to do it, he can do a quick vocaroo, and upload it. I think if possible can you link Vocaroo to the system itself? That would be pretty interesting if done.

And If we can get something that is along the line of myspace musicians. I'm just taking my group's example because, its easier to explain. For example here if you look at the music, you can upload your own songs, pictures, etc. So having a page for a musician will also be highly helpful
    I think rather than having a "rating system" we should do the "like and dislike" buttons, or "up and down" since having a rating system, can be a bit pissing off for content creators, because and can be a bit time consuming for the viewers, as they will have to decide whether to give 4 stars or 3 stars, etc. Whereas its easier to say, I like this, or I dislike this.
    With the Haystack framework, a ranking system
    I can very easily put together a script to pull from my Filemaw API and work with that. This includes local listening and the like, and everything can just go through the system's curtain to Filemaw's optimized backend.

Now with more cowbell. Axle Helios's Avatar
    Follow Axle Helios On Twitter
    Follow Axle Helios on Tumblr Visit Axle Helios's Youtube Channel

Just my two cents, I think there should be a download feature, but only if it can be enabled or disabled by the uploader.
    I got my claims down on Quagsire, Miror B, Roar and Sand Stream.
    Winner of Burned Planet Mafia and Plants vs Zombies Mafia.

is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Qombat View Post
    For reference, I'm still around. I put the project in my 'inactive' folder until you guys got a handle on stuff.
    Whoops. Sorry for the misunderstanding >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Axle Helios View Post
    Just my two cents, I think there should be a download feature, but only if it can be enabled or disabled by the uploader.
    Wait, why would the uploader want to disable it? I know the Newgrounds system doesn't allow that sort of disabling.
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

I personally don't see the reason either, to be honest, but I know that I've seen a lot of people who've disabled it on sites like Soundcloud. I'm sure they have their reasons, so we should probably give them the choice of whether others can download it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Axle Helios View Post
    I personally don't see the reason either, to be honest, but I know that I've seen a lot of people who've disabled it on sites like Soundcloud. I'm sure they have their reasons, so we should probably give them the choice of whether others can download it.
    I'd agree to this, as long as the option to allow downloads is checked by default.
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

DCM
    Blog Entries

For reference, I'm still around. I put the project in my 'inactive' folder until you guys got a handle on stuff. I couldn't post again because the last time I double-posted one of your 'intellectual' staff gave me an infraction.

By the way, turn on the automerging feature. It's vBulletin standard I think unless vB really has gone to utter ass.

So yeah like what's been said, I provided you an MSN address and got no contact other than Zekurom, who I've been talking to since I handed over the keys to FourStarMon last year.
    no need to be snippy. just read the rules and you should be fine. I'll look into automerging but I'm unsure over whether or not we have that.

I am glad to see you back though, considering you're key to getting this project out. I myself don't have MSN, however, if you have AIM, send either myself (Karnage94) or Evkl ( *snip* ) an IM on there and either of us should be able to help you.
    Last edited by Soulweaver; 4th March 2011 at 05:18 PM. Reason: this was unwanted...
    “And as to you life, I reckon you are the leavings of many deaths, No doubt I have died myself ten thousand times before.”

W.W.

http://elliotspeck.com/projects/bgm/

Did that in about fifteen to twenty minutes while writing a pitch for another project.

I'm open to any and all comments as I personally believe I'm rather average at designing a site, but detail your comments please. "I don't like x" isn't detail. What don't you like? / Why don't you like it? / Suggestions for improvement?

Non-dynamic yet, so any of the stuff you see so far isn't generated from any backend.

To Do:
    -User pages
    -Song pages with a comment UI
    -Registration
    -Login / logout
    -Song owner panel
    -Admin panel

Blog Entries

Wow, Its pretty cool, I really like your personal website though ;)
    But yeah, that seems fine, I'm sure we can add the background and colours later. Well aside from that we can also have a database where I can view all songs.

Blog Entries

Well, the blue-white colour scheme could use a bit of a tune-up... that scheme is cliché nowadays, I believe.

Also, the borderless look seems a bit awkward for a project like this one. And it would be nice to nudge the header (the "Top Rated" thing) slightly to the left - right now it looks a bit squished and unnatural.

But that's about it.

I think design is to come later if I read right.

DCM
    Blog Entries

http://elliotspeck.com/projects/bgm/

Did that in about fifteen to twenty minutes while writing a pitch for another project.

I'm open to any and all comments as I personally believe I'm rather average at designing a site, but detail your comments please. "I don't like x" isn't detail. What don't you like? / Why don't you like it? / Suggestions for improvement?

Non-dynamic yet, so any of the stuff you see so far isn't generated from any backend.

To Do:
    -User pages
    -Song pages with a comment UI
    -Registration
    -Login / logout
    -Song owner panel
    -Admin panel
    I don't quite see how to do anything on that site. Is that just barebones, the location where it will be done?
    “And as to you life, I reckon you are the leavings of many deaths, No doubt I have died myself ten thousand times before.”

W.W.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast