Increase the avatar size - Page 3

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Increase the avatar size

Blog Entries

Default Re: Increase the avatar size

150x150 has never stretched anything for me... though neither does 200x200 on other forums. My monitors operate at high resolutions, and everything is pretty small.

I'd be in favour of a 150x150 limit, myself. I have GIFs at 150, and 115. Not anything in between. Plus anything smaller than 150 really just looks miniscule on my screen, lol.

is obsessed with Noivern! Zekurom's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sublimε View Post
    Also they all do. I don't see why that matters though.
    No, the limit for admins is 150 x 150. As far as I've seen, there are no avatars that pass this limit.

Why not just have the avatar size limit the same all over the board, really >_>

I have a 120 by 120 limit on the Four Star Mon forums, and nobody's complained about it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by TM2-Megatron View Post
    150x150 has never stretched anything for me... though neither does 200x200 on other forums. My monitors operate at high resolutions, and everything is pretty small.
    Same here for my desktop, but even then, I think 200 is a little big for an avatar, regardless of the stretching. It's like Serebii's limit of 420 pixels for signature height. 420 pixels is a lot.

I'd set the sweet spot at 120 to 128, but 150 is pushing it a little.
    Last edited by Zekurom; 4th February 2011 at 11:07 PM.
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

Goronda Type Vice-Webmaster Evil Figment's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

Why not just have the avatar size limit the same all over the board, really >_>
    Because we work our asses off keeping this place running and deserves a few perks?

I vote DOWN on an increase to 150 x 150 for everyone. 150 is about as wide as any avatar should be (read: it should be kept for the aforesaid perks).

I however vote UP on an increase to, say, 120 x 120 or 130 x 130, while keeping 150 x 150 as a special perk/reward.

Maybe 120/120 for regulars, 130/130 for mods, 150/150 for admins (and as a special perk/reward for people who really earn it)
    Last edited by Evil Figment; 4th February 2011 at 11:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka and Hurristat
    He's an evil director / He'll give out infractions / Do something wrong / And he takes direct actions
    Then what'll he do?/ He'll permaban you / You find your name slashed / With a message, 'Adieu'
    Sooooo...watch out!
    "It is said that the federal government, if it was in charge of the Sahara, would run out of sand in five years. Private enterprise, being more efficient, would do it in half the time - and they'd make money off the bridges." - me.
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton's last letter. Rest in peace, Jack.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Figment View Post
    Because we work our asses off keeping this place running and deserves a few perks?
    I don't really see how having a larger avatar is really much of a perk, but alright.
    The word "quadragonal" is the only word with "dragon" in it where "dragon" is not a root word. That makes it awesome.

Goronda Type Vice-Webmaster Evil Figment's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

Well, what else sort of perks are we going to get? It's not like we're going to get paid for this or anything of the sort, so we'll get the perks we can arrange.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka and Hurristat
    He's an evil director / He'll give out infractions / Do something wrong / And he takes direct actions
    Then what'll he do?/ He'll permaban you / You find your name slashed / With a message, 'Adieu'
    Sooooo...watch out!
    "It is said that the federal government, if it was in charge of the Sahara, would run out of sand in five years. Private enterprise, being more efficient, would do it in half the time - and they'd make money off the bridges." - me.
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton's last letter. Rest in peace, Jack.

Blog Entries

120 x 120 seems perfectly reasonable.

And if avatar size really didn't matter (as in bigger =/= being a perk) then we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Figment View Post
    Well, what else sort of perks are we going to get? It's not like we're going to get paid for this or anything of the sort, so we'll get the perks we can arrange.
    You get access to an exclusive forum...

Perhaps give staff members the ability to stylize their user titles.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gi-gi-gi-giaru! View Post
    You get access to an exclusive forum...

Perhaps give staff members the ability to stylize their user titles.
    Not really the thread for discussing staff member perks, Zeky.
    3DS FC: 1203-9389-8130

Blog Entries

Admins already can stylize their user titles... just nobody really bothers.

The maximum anyone should be using is 150x150. 130x130 is a good bump for regular members, though. That makes a big difference from the paltry 100x100.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ivysaur View Post
    Not really the thread for discussing staff member perks, Zeky.
    And I was just about to say that too. We'll take it to another thread or something >_>

Anyway, I agree with the 120 by 120 proposal. Maybe give 100 by 100 for really new members, and once they've gotten in for a while, give them 120 by 120?

Blog Entries

I also agree with 115x115/120x120 for regular members, 130x130 for mods, and 150x150 for admins.

Blog Entries
    Follow Noivern On Twitter

I think I'm going with 130x130. 120x120 isn't much of an improvment in my opinion.
    Hey, it's Noivern here. I like Noivern a lot. I like Katy Perry. I want a Hydreigon plushie. Also, I'm a total PC geek.
    Links

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ivysaur View Post
    I also agree with 115x115/120x120 for regular members, 130x130 for mods, and 150x150 for admins.
    You forgot the super mod tier. What about them?

Quote Originally Posted by Ax-ax-axew! View Post
    I think I'm going with 130x130. 120x120 isn't much of an improvment in my opinion.
    You kiddin'? 120 by 120 is a huge increase. 44% by area, in fact.

An increase to 130 by 130, coincidentally, is 69%. A pretty sexy perk, if you ask me. Save it for the mods. XD

Blog Entries

And I was just about to say that too. We'll take it to another thread or something >_>

Anyway, I agree with the 120 by 120 proposal. Maybe give 100 by 100 for really new members, and once they've gotten in for a while, give them 120 by 120?
    If I recall, the old Nintendo forums gave users extra perks the more active they got, no one liked it. If I recall, there's a post-count limit for PMs, but I believe that was to keep spambots from mass-PMing everyone.

I don't really think that would be fair to give them a smaller avatar because they're new, I mean we don't give them leniency for breaking rules because they're new >_>

Blog Entries

You forgot the super mod tier. What about them?
    I was actually grouping mods and smods together. If regular mods get 130 and admins get 150, smods getting 140x140 or so isn't much of a difference. But eh, it wouldn't concern me anyway, so. :P

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast