Hi everyone. I'm not sure who exactly I need to chat with as the wiki is currently "locked" for editing.

But I'm interested in updating the page Pokémon breeding - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Specifically I want to update the information about passing down hidden abilities. Passing down hidden abilities hasn't changed notability for females. But the rules for males and hidden abilities have completely changed.

Specifically males can now pass down hidden abilities, but only under some special constraints. I tested around 80+ eggs with various combinations cycling an everystone and breeding combinations with a vulpix male (drought), vulpix female (flash fire), and a ditto.

The results are interesting:

1) When mating a male with a hidden ability and a female with a regular ability: It is unlikely or impossible to pass the males hidden ability down (reguardless if an everstone is used or not).
2) When mating a male with a hidden ability and a ditto and using an everstone on the male: It is unlikely or impossible to pass the males hidden ability down.
3) When mating a male with a hidden ability and a ditto and not using an everstone at all: The hidden ability will pass down ~50% of the time.
4) When mating a male with a hidden ability and a ditto and using an everstone on the male: I have not tested yet.

So there are conditions (as noted in number 3) such that males can now pass down hidden abilities. But there are distinct restrictions which exist. I want to get this information into Bulbagarden (and continue testing other corner cases, like number 4. And 2 more extensively... as I could have had really bad luck and had 6-8 eggs which just didn't pass down at all... though at a 50% chance I doubt this was the case). And there are some questions if females can now breed with Ditto's and pass down abilities.

Again I really would like to get this information out there. I have literally bred hundreds and hundreds of pokemon already. I've bred so many that I have only passed the second gym leader (I kid you not). It was all on my conquest to play through the game with a Nine tails with high IV stats, drought and timid, which I currently have! Along with a bunch of other highly optimized dragons and other critters I have no business having this early in the game!

Anyway, there are some threads noting that Males might be able to breed hidden abilities, but the details are very poor right now such that many folks report back in the threads that it isn't working (which isn't entirely true). So let me know as I would love to see these updated!

Thanks,
Kate!