How to get an animated avatar?

Thread: How to get an animated avatar?

PotentiaSapientiaAudacia Aviator Zero's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Aviator Zero's Youtube Channel

Default How to get an animated avatar?

I'd like an animated avatar, but when I uploaded this (http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t255/xweirdlingx/GIFs/Pikachu.gif) as my own saved image into the avatar-changing box, it comes out as a static image of the first frame in the gif. I didn't think it'd work in the first place since it's larger than 120x120 but it came out as the one image. I've seen another animated avatar that was a .php image, so would I have to convert to that somehow? Please and thank you.

Blog Entries

Follow CommanderPigg on Tumblr Visit CommanderPigg's Youtube Channel

Default Re: How to get an animated avatar?

.php isn't an image format; it's used for web pages (hence why the URLs end with a .php on this website)

Your best bet is having someone with a graphics editor w/ animation capabilities to resize it for you.

If you want, I resized it:

If it's too big in file size, tell me the limit ^^

"seasons change, people change"

Blog Entries

You should also take in consideration that the file size limit for avatars is 120 KB.

PotentiaSapientiaAudacia Aviator Zero's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Aviator Zero's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderPigg View Post
    .php isn't an image format; it's used for web pages (hence why the URLs end with a .php on this website)
    Your best bet is having someone with a graphics editor w/ animation capabilities to resize it for you.
    If you want, I resized it:

If it's too big in file size, tell me the limit ^^
    1. I knew that, but I opened an animated avatar in a new tab and it ended in php, so I was befuddled.
    2. I looked online and there were two image editing software downloads but I was hoping to be able to bypass that.
    3. Thank you kindly! It works great! I saw this gif while looking for something else and was all MUST... HAVE...
    Quote Originally Posted by Akaiyo View Post
    You should also take in consideration that the file size limit for avatars is 120 KB.
    I did, it was less. Thanks. EDIT: Bullcrap, what do I know? It was like over 500 kb. But CommanderPigg's version is a nice 80-something. Thanks.