How Can I Link Text or a Picture to a Certain Thread?

Thread: How Can I Link Text or a Picture to a Certain Thread?

Blog Entries

Visit HM02's Youtube Channel

Default How Can I Link Text or a Picture to a Certain Thread?

This has probably been asked before, but I've been searching and I can't find it. If it's a thread somewhere else or this isn't the right place feel free to delete or merge or do whatever to this thread, but PLEASE HELP ME! I want to be able to link my sprite shop in my sig without just putting the URL. I want a certain picture or a word/phrase to link to it.
    Thanks in advance,
    Your friendly neighborhood HM

Pokemon X Friend Code : 0447 - 5738 - 4720

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Default Re: How Can I Link Text or a Picture to a Certain Thread?

Quote Originally Posted by HM02 View Post
    This has probably been asked before, but I've been searching and I can't find it. If it's a thread somewhere else or this isn't the right place feel free to delete or merge or do whatever to this thread, but PLEASE HELP ME! I want to be able to link my sprite shop in my sig without just putting the URL. I want a certain picture or a word/phrase to link to it.
    Thanks in advance,
    Your friendly neighborhood HM
    What you can do is before you put the link in, type the word you want the link to be like "My Sprite Shop" and you'll see a button on top of the editorwhich looks like a globe with a link symbol, if you highlight it, it should say "Link".Highlight the text you wish to insert the link into and press that button, then paste in the URL for the link click ok, and press save. The link should be inserted and when clicked should link to whatever the link is for.

Example: The Garden Grotto

Blog Entries

Hey HM,

Parsing your URL is easy. You just need to use BB Code. BB Code uses tags, and you've probably used it already, in your signature. Like, "[*IMG]Sprite[/IMG], for example.

So in this case, use the URL tags, like so: [*URL="YOUR URL GOES HERE, BETWEEN THE QUOTATION MARKS"]YOUR TEXT GOES HERE, BETWEEN THE END BRACKETS[/URL].

Just be sure to fix the parse by removing the asterisk (*) from the opening tags. Also, if you want an image to be the link, and not text, just place the [*IMG] tags between the end brackets, like you would the text (i.e. [*URL="YOUR URL GOES HERE, BETWEEN THE QUOTATION MARKS"][*IMG]Sprite[/IMG][/URL]). Your sprite will now link to the link destination, when clicked.

Alternatively, you can click the world icon in the toolbar at the top of the Quick Reply and it will set this same BB Code up for you.

If you have any other questions, just ask.
    Last edited by Beck; 30th March 2013 at 12:12 AM.

Blog Entries

Visit HM02's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    Hey HM,

Parsing your URL is easy. You just need to use BB Code. BB Code uses tags, and you've probably used it already, in your signature. Like, "[*IMG]Sprite[/IMG], for example.

So in this case, use the URL tags, like so: [*URL="YOUR URL GOES HERE, BETWEEN THE QUOTATION MARKS"]YOUR TEXT GOES HERE, BETWEEN THE END BRACKETS[/URL].

Just be sure to fix the parse by removing the asterisk (*) from the opening tags. Also, if you want an image to be the link, and not text, just place the [*IMG] tags between the end brackets, like you would the text (i.e. [*URL="YOUR URL GOES HERE, BETWEEN THE QUOTATION MARKS"][*IMG]Sprite[/IMG][/URL]). Your sprite will now link to the link destination, when clicked.

Alternatively, you can click the world icon in the toolbar at the top of the Quick Reply and it will set this same BB Code up for you.

If you have any other questions, just ask.
    Thanks so much, I think I have it set up now!

Pokemon X Friend Code : 0447 - 5738 - 4720

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HM02 View Post
    Thanks so much, I think I have it set up now!
    Nice! Good luck!