Guest Posting

Thread: Guest Posting

Registered User Du Sundavar Freohr's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Guest Posting

I have recently had the idea that guests who view the sight not as users could post limited amounts of posts per day. They would also have restricted access and no vm feature.
    This would not only allow the threads to reach more people, but also give guests more of a taste of whatt the forums are like.
    Yes, no?
    "fsk you you little fsk. you are nothing but a fsk, you're parents were fsks. everybody you ever loved was a fsk. I fsking spit on fsking you and your fsking ancestors. you fsk around everybody all fsk like so stop being so fsking fsk you fsk from fsk land you fsking fsk, you fsking hear me you fsk? fsk you." A normal convo with a familiar lover of N.
    Diamond/Pearl/Platinum friend code
    4770 6316 3647
    Black/White friend code
    3868 7458 8631.

powered by the sun farewell, friend's Avatar

Follow farewell, friend on Tumblr

Default Re: Guest Posting

I don't think it's a good idea. It's enough work trying to control the registered users (among other things), never-mind a bunch of semi-anonymous guests. If the guests wanted to post so badly, they could register, and if the forum disappoints them, they could leave.

Besides, a change like that would require a (significant?) change to the forum itself.
    I'm the essence of
    daydreamer. time-waster. black and white painter.
    in an upside-down world.
    eyes closed. dreams unfold. ascending realities; open to me.

Surprise! winstein's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

As far as I know, blogs can also be chosen so that guests can post, but I agree that it's generally not a good idea because the offender will not be able to be punished for his/her actions, so the rebellious ones will be much harder to control. For the blogs it's OK because you are responsible for your blog, but it just opens up to some unwanted attacks.

Thanks for reading.
    “A single soul can uphold a standard far above the low threshold by which the world measures itself.”

Latest Review: Dark-type Award Ceremony
    Bonus articles: Mega Evolution Candidates (Part 7) -- Generation 6 Pokémon (07/12/2013)

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

I think its a bad idea to let Guests post to be honest, Id see alot of trolling and spamming happening, winstein is right.

Blog Entries

We removed guest posting a long time ago for all the reasons mentioned above. It's not coming back.

黒い王様 Archaic's Avatar Webmaster
    Blog Entries
    Follow Archaic On Twitter

Yes. We tried guest posting for a while a number of years back, and while we did get a few good users out of it who later registered when we ended up disabling it (including gadfly, who went on to become a Global Mod), the vast majority of guest posts were made by spambots. In the end, it simply wasn't viable.
    神出鬼没 - shin shutsu ki botsu