Crossover Contests
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crossover Contests

The benevolant creator ArceusAlpha493's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Crossover Contests

I would like us to have a subforum the contest hall for crossovers.
    Last edited by $aturn¥oshi; 18th April 2011 at 06:40 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: IDEA: Crossover Contests

Crossovers?

And why would we need an entire sub-forum?

Saying we need it just because makes no sense.
    Former staff member - 2010
    Formerly known as - insomniac
    Competitive Player

Blog Entries
    Follow Soulweaver On Twitter Add Soulweaver on Facebook Add Soulweaver on Google+
    Follow Soulweaver on Tumblr Visit Soulweaver's Youtube Channel

I believe the Contest Hall staff's opinion on crossover contests was that they are not needed. Can't say for sure, though.

Former staff member · X Pokédex status (incl. foreign dexes) · Bank Living Dex status · 3DS FC: 4699 6589 8963

Something for nothing Cyber Jet's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have only ever seen 2 threads for crossover contests so I dont think it needs a whole sub-forums for them.

DOWN

Blog Entries
    Follow ghaskan On Twitter
    Follow ghaskan on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Soulweaver View Post
    I believe the Contest Hall staff's opinion on crossover contests was that they are not needed. Can't say for sure, though.
    We decided to forbid these kind of contests because they were simply getting out of hand, and I doubt it would be any different if we let them run free again.

backloggery ~ 3DS FC: 2595-2044-6030 ~ tumblr

Blog Entries
    Add Glitchipedia on Facebook

I enjoy a good contest between different worlds. Helps keep things interesting.

UP.

YouTube projects advertised are in early development and subject to change.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ghaskan View Post
    We decided to forbid these kind of contests because they were simply getting out of hand, and I doubt it would be any different if we let them run free again.
    If the Contest Hall staff has decided that, then voting wont make a difference. Closed.
    Former staff member - 2010
    Formerly known as - insomniac
    Competitive Player

Based Mod DCM's Avatar Social Media EditorModerator
    Blog Entries

We'd like to gauge the interest in this.

"Now I could let these dream killers kill my self-esteem/Or use my arrogance as the steam to power my dreams."

I find the contest hall itself just comparing random Pokemon based on the most arbitrary relationships, I doubt crossovers would provide more interesting discussions, even though I see the potential for such discussions to occur.

I'd like to see what these threads would be like before I vote, but they'd probably end up like most of the other threads.

down

now's the time to shine coolking503's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Outrage, that vote sounded like a:
    "the contest hall sucks, why expand it?" type vote, without a real reasoning other than the fact that (oh the irony) you are comparing this to something completely different to what it is.
    If we are having a battle and I disconnect, it is 100% unintentional; my power goes off often and each time my modem resets.

Gone until Aug, 10 or something for a trip w/out net access. C u after that. If I suddenly dissapear after that you can bet I got bad grades on my IGCSE's, since results are coming out the week afterwards.

^ Agreed.

UP. It would be cool to compare things from different worlds, and see how they'd do against each other.
    I'm the essence of
    daydreamer. time-waster. black and white painter.
    in an upside-down world.
    eyes closed. dreams unfold. ascending realities; open to me.

Friend code: 1306-6423-3472 | Friend safari: Flying | Instagram: themuslimvegan|

Blog Entries

Maybe they would have to be approved?

up

If there aren't enough staff members to constantly check the approval thread, then maybe it can wait until the overgrow II staff drive?

Quote Originally Posted by coolking503 View Post
    Outrage, that vote sounded like a:
    "the contest hall sucks, why expand it?" type vote, without a real reasoning other than the fact that (oh the irony) you are comparing this to something completely different to what it is.
    And rather than explaining yourself in a way that may change my vote as I had mentioned that I do see potential for it, you instead choose to act in such a nonconstructive manner which amounts to "your opinion sucks, don't listen to it" with an overtone of mockery.

How exactly is it, as you say, completely different? The contest hall, in essence compares two (or more) subjects, and in most cases wind up as a popularity contest rather than a real discussion, which honestly wouldn't be that bad if people didn't act like their opinion is anything but that. A cross-over contest hall would be "completely" different how? It would serve the same basic function, but on a cross-media scale.

now's the time to shine coolking503's Avatar
    Blog Entries

To be honest, I never go to this area and don't really care, however I just felt like your vote wasn't justified and as such didn't contribute.

And as far as I have seen, they are completely different because of the aspect where you can't bring up similar numbers. I can say Metagross is better than Registeel because it has a higher BST, but I cant compare Pikachu to Sonic the Hedgehog in the same way. As such it is quite different, since you don't have a common way of rating.
    If we are having a battle and I disconnect, it is 100% unintentional; my power goes off often and each time my modem resets.

Gone until Aug, 10 or something for a trip w/out net access. C u after that. If I suddenly dissapear after that you can bet I got bad grades on my IGCSE's, since results are coming out the week afterwards.

Seek the sparrow prince Iteru's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

I mostly agree with the points that Outrage has said. It is mostly a popular contest and to be honest, while I think that the opposing franchise/character/thing may get a few votes, this is a Pokémon website after all and so I think that the Pokémon choice would mainly be victorious.

Quote Originally Posted by coolking503 View Post
    And as far as I have seen, they are completely different because of the aspect where you can't bring up similar numbers. I can say Metagross is better than Registeel because it has a higher BST, but I cant compare Pikachu to Sonic the Hedgehog in the same way. As such it is quite different, since you don't have a common way of rating.
    While I think that is a fair way of comparing two Pokémon in a competitive battling regard, a lot of people don't take that into consideration for their vote from what I have seen (not everyone is a competitive battler after all) so I don't think that is really an issue. The way that someone rates in the Contest Hall seems to be unique, so I don't think that a common rating is an issue with the current Contest Hall.

I don't want to vote just yet though as I plan to look at the previous crossover threads and see how they were, but I think I'll probably vote down from what ghaskan has said and from the points that Outrage made.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast