Chatbox/Shoutbox

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kthleen

Thread: Chatbox/Shoutbox

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Chatbox/Shoutbox

A chatbox/Shoutbox is something like a mini-IRC, within the forum itself. There is no need for users to download a seperate plug-in or even go to some other place to talk with other users. Chatboxes can be easily logged in and used, which is their main advantage over IRC.

There is a chatbox evo available here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Chatbox/Shoutbox

I support this idea because chatboxes are awesome. UP
    Our goal is to get The Pokemon Company International to return the voice actors from the dub by 4Kids. (seasons 1-8)
    If you're interested, please join us at Facebook and sign our petition!
    We're also open to considering passionate Pokemon fans as staff. Your help is valued; only together may we succeed!

Pata pata pata pata pata! Italy-kun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Italy-kun on Tumblr

I support.
    "It just goes to show you that people with brain damage are the real heroes, aren't they?" --Wheatley, Portal 2
    "Open mouth, insert foot." --Joe Kido, Digimon Adventure 01
    "Screw it, the gloves are coming off, MEAN BEAN MACHINE!" --Me playing Sonic Mega Collection

Played in Inazuma Eleven Mafia, Super Street Fighter IV Mafia and Pokemon Christmas Mafia 2011. Winning faction of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Mafia and DPPt: Sinnoh Mafia! SO HAPPY!

黒い王様 Archaic's Avatar Webmaster
    Blog Entries
    Follow Archaic On Twitter

While I'm open to incorporating something like the old Tweetboard we had (Tweetboard - True Twitter Conversation - Sadly, they haven't done anything in over a year, and their product just doesn't work anymore), a Chatbox/Shoutbox can be very server intensive, and it's not something we're likely to be adding anytime soon.
    神出鬼没 - shin shutsu ki botsu

Serperior rules us all Catilena1890's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Catilena1890 On Twitter
    Visit Catilena1890's Youtube Channel

Throwing in a box from cbox.ws would be server intensive? No wonder the IF roleplays kept crashing.

I like the idea, except with literally hundreds of users logging in everyday, how would we keep track of the conversation? No seriously, how?

Blog Entries

Visit Kthleen's Youtube Channel

I vote DOWN. First, I've been on a forum that added a chatbox, and everybody pretty much stopped posting, so it felt very empty and lonely. (I don't really read or post in the general chats here anymore, but still, it's bound to be true for someone.) Second, maybe this is selfish, but I like it when there are posts to link to. Third, like Archaic said, it's server-intensive.

Visit BreeZaps's Youtube Channel

In the SS forums chatbox. We have lots of spamers, lots or fights and lots of wars. So i vote no. We dont need something like a chatbox to start wars. it would be like WW3.
    Darkness...

Blog Entries

Hmmmm :/ yeah I could see some bad wars about certain things starting here. Humans are unruly maniacs sometimes. Bleh. Guess I'll sadly change my vote to DOWN.
    Our goal is to get The Pokemon Company International to return the voice actors from the dub by 4Kids. (seasons 1-8)
    If you're interested, please join us at Facebook and sign our petition!
    We're also open to considering passionate Pokemon fans as staff. Your help is valued; only together may we succeed!