DEVELOPMENT: Bulbapedia website riddled with memory hogging issues and advertisements

Thread: Bulbapedia website riddled with memory hogging issues and advertisements

Default Bulbapedia website riddled with memory hogging issues and advertisements

To whom it may concern,

I already wrote into a different form for complaining about bad ads, but so far they still exist so I'm gonna try here. The video ads for this site have an aprox 5 min timer that they stay silent, then they go full volume while still appearing to be on mute.

Not only that but if I leave any Bulbapedia window open for too long (Especially if I have many open as I often do) Chrome's RAM usage gradually goes up. I clocked it taking 2.5 gigs once before I killed my Bulbapedia tabs which fixed the issue.

I'm guessing it's all from the ads. They come from a site called ANYCLIP. Please remove them so I can browse the site without worrying about random loud videos interrupting me and memory issues bringing my 8gb RAM computer to a sluggish crawl.

Thanks!

P.S. as I was typing this, all three of my tabs started to play video that I had already silenced once. It's pretty bad.

Sphere Hunter Kogoro's Avatar Bulbapedia Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Bulbapedia website riddled with memory hogging issues and advertisements

We've already received your report in the bad advert thread of the Bulbawiki Forum, and any ads deemed to be a problem will be removed. Posting a report in multiple places will not expedite the process, please be patient as things are being reviewed and handled.

Thread closed.