Bulbapedia App

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Archaic

Thread: Bulbapedia App

Default Bulbapedia App

Why don't you guys make an app to make people's lives easier? You can allow easier access to everyone! It would be a great thing to do! Hope you can do it!

Blog Entries

Follow Markos on Tumblr Visit Markos's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Bulbapedia App

Quote Originally Posted by josecgv64 View Post
    Why don't you guys make an app to make people's lives easier? You can allow easier access to everyone! It would be a great thing to do! Hope you can do it!
    The Bulbagarden Network doesn't own Pokémon. Therefore, they can't make an app of Bulbapedia without permission from the copyright holders.

Claims: Ferrothorn, PokéGear, Nanab Berry, Megahorn, Dry Skin, Caesar, Morgan Black

Call me Robert guys 1rkhachatryan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow 1rkhachatryan On Twitter Add 1rkhachatryan on Facebook Add 1rkhachatryan on Google+
    Visit 1rkhachatryan's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrothorn64 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by josecgv64 View Post
    The Bulbagarden Network doesn't own Pokémon. Therefore, they can't make an app of Bulbapedia without permission from the copyright holders.
    Pretty sure since the web site is up, they can make an app...plus it would be free so they wouldn't make any profit.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Pretty sure since the web site is up, they can make an app...plus it would be free so they wouldn't make any profit.
    You need licenses from the app provider, like Apple or Google. Bulbapedia still uses ads, which make profit. So you would need special licenses from the Pokémon Company.

Claims: Ferrothorn, PokéGear, Nanab Berry, Megahorn, Dry Skin, Caesar, Morgan Black

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

I do think we can't do this because of copyright reasons,like Ferrothorn64 said.
    @Archaic; can provide more information on this.

Blog Entries
    Follow 1rkhachatryan On Twitter Add 1rkhachatryan on Facebook Add 1rkhachatryan on Google+

You need licenses from the app provider, like Apple or Google. Bulbapedia still uses ads, which make profit. So you would need special licenses from the Pokémon Company.
    What I mean is that since the pokemon company doesn't seem to have an issue with the actual website, I fail to see why an app would be denied. What I meant is that Bulbapedia isn't in competition with pokemon so there shouldn't be in issue with profit.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Celebi View Post
    I do think we can't do this because of copyright reasons,like Ferrothorn64 said.
    @Archaic; can provide more information on this.
    Yes. I'm not very knowledgable on this kinda stuff.

What I mean is that since the pokemon company doesn't seem to have an issue with the actual website, I fail to see why an app would be denied. What I meant is that Bulbapedia isn't in competition with pokemon so there shouldn't be in issue with profit.
    Pokémon now has an official Pokédex app. You have to pay for anything outside of the Unova dex, so having an even better source such as Bulbapedia available for free in app form would hurt their sales.

Blog Entries

Yes. I'm not very knowledgable on this kinda stuff.

Pokémon now has an official Pokédex app. You have to pay for anything outside of the Unova dex, so having an even better source such as Bulbapedia available for free in app form would hurt their sales.
    Lol oh please, who the fuck would pay for that anyways?? There are literally 20 million websites with all the pokemon on them.

黒い王様 Archaic's Avatar Webmaster
    Blog Entries
    Follow Archaic On Twitter

See Legal Issues? There's an app for that - Bulbanews

It's a little out of date, but it's still a good primer for why this won't happen.
    Enzap likes this.
    神出鬼没 - shin shutsu ki botsu

You could always buy Tapatalk 2, which can be used to access the Bulbagarden forums.