This thread is for discussion about the upcoming upgrade of the Bulbagarden forums to vBulletin 4. This update is currently scheduled for approximately 1 week from the time of this post.
Select members have already seen our test forum. More members will be shown it this week.
We intend to do something of a staggered release with this launch. We shall go live with the CMS disabled and only the most important core skins that are 100% done. From that point, we aim to release 1 skin a week after that until we've got all our old skins back, getting feedback from you the users as we go.
The CMS will launch when it's ready, hopefully no more than a month later. We've got high hopes for this section, so we want to get it all set up right before we open it.
On launch, we intend to have all the essential addons installed and working from the day vB4 is released, however some may be delayed shortly depending on their level of complexity to add. At this stage, we are not expecting to lose any level of forums functionality. The most obvious change here will be the switch back from ibProArcade to v3Arcade, due to stability concerns on vB4.
Once we've done the vB4 upgrade, we'll be starting our move to get our forums mobile apps up. The approvals processes from Google and Apple may take a couple of weeks once we're ready to deploy those, so please be patient there.