Zubat/Golbat/Crobat VS Woobat/Swoobat

View Poll Results: Zubat/Golbat/Crobat VS Woobat/Swoobat!

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zubat-line!

19 82.61%
  • Woobat-line!

4 17.39%

Thread: Zubat/Golbat/Crobat VS Woobat/Swoobat

Zeb
    making a splash Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

Default Zubat/Golbat/Crobat VS Woobat/Swoobat

The bats versus... the bats!

VS

So one line is Poison/Flying, given to us in the first generation, whilst the other is Psychic/Flying given to us in the fifth generation presumably as the replacement for the Zubat line. Both found in caves throughout their regions, and both require happiness to reach their final evolutions.

Some questions you can use to help you answer (if you don't use these please give some other reasoning why you chose the choice you did):

• Which has the better design?
    • Which type do you prefer?
    • Which have you found most useful?

I actually quite like both lines (despite Zubat and Golbat being incredibly annoying); Crobat is super fast and has the cool design you'd expect of a bat, whilst Swoobat has the cuter design and (for me) an expected typing (we're still waiting on that Dark/Flying bat, huh). But overall I think I prefer Woobat and Swoobat just that bit more. I think both have great designs and the species of bat that they are based on are adorable.
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

The Deceiver Pokemon Team Gaara's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Zubat/Golbat/Crobat VS Woobat/Swoobat

I've always loved the Zubat line. I think they have the better design, with Crobat having 4 wings and all. I've used both and I find Crobat better. It has better stats and it just looks cooler to me and better resembles a bat. But I do think the Woobat line is pretty cute.

Blog Entries

Visit HM02's Youtube Channel

Ok, my decision is....

the Zubat line!

I actually like Woobat's design better that Zubat's, but the evolutions are what did it for me. Yeah, Golbat is pretty annoying, but in all of my Nuzlockes, I caught a Zubat cause I kinda had to. The first time I thought I might just use it for a bit, but Crobat is a beast. Its the best! I might be partial because I have never trained a Swoobat, but yeah... I pick the Zubat line.

Pokemon X Friend Code : 0447 - 5738 - 4720

Blog Entries

My vote goes to the Zubat line, but solely because of Crobat. I think both evolution line's first two evos are terrible in nearly all aspects (design, battle performance..but then the 'bats were never meant to be actually useful in battle, I think), so there. I do find the Woobat line sort of cute...but I equally find them creepy. Zubat's design is too simple (comes of being a Gen 1 pokémon, I know, but still), and I've never been a fan of Golbat's gaping maw.

Crobat is just a BAMF.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

I prefer Crobat myself. Looks cooler and performs better competitively.

play later - sleep now! Playful_Weasel's Avatar
    Add Playful_Weasel on Facebook Add Playful_Weasel on Google+
    Visit Playful_Weasel's Youtube Channel

Woobat and Swoobat for me. Personally I don't like neither of the bat Pokemon, I won't use them in the games.

Got tired of so many Zubat in the caves, main reason is that I favor Unova Pokemon more.
    Watchog's #1 Fan!!
    PokeMustelid & PokeFelines too!
    - 4871-3995-3493
    Steel Safari: Magneton - Skarmory - Excadrill
    I have many teams in Kalos - my original team will always be:
    Original Y Team - IGN Maria: Delphox - Mienshao - Watchog - Lucario - Sylveon - Vaporeon

Formerly GTT Grass Type Warrior's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Zubat and Golbat are annoying as all hell and then some, but Crobat is definitely worth it. Just look at that badass BST and movepool.

Woobat and Swoobat, on the other hand, are a massive waste of space. I'll stick with Natu/Xatu and Lugia, thank you very much.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

Blog Entries

I am going with the Zubat line, but only because Crobat looks neat. Zubat and Golbat are two of the Pokémon I dislike the most. The Woobat line is just... meh. What was the point in making them? I don't see why they needed to create more bat Pokémon, plus there were already other neat-looking Flying/Psychic Pokémon, like Xatu and Lugia.

I like Zubat and Golbat, but Crobat - especially that look on its face - ruins the entire line. I've seen lots of people say that Crobat looks cool but I personally can't see the appeal. At all.
    I love the Woobat line though. They seem to be the bats you'd want to cuddle when you go to sleep.

Blog Entries

Follow Arc Blader on Tumblr

Definitely gonna have to go with the Zubat line here. Zubat and Golbat are annoying, sure, and not terribly useful, but Crobat's by far one of my all-time favorites - great design, wicked speed, a handful of interesting moves. Woobat's kind of cute, I'll give it that, but overall I'm not terribly fond of it or its evolution.

G50
    Night Owl G50's Avatar Bulbanews Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Which has the better design?
    Both lines have really good designs, but I'd have to give the slight edge to the Zubat line. When I look at Zubat/Golbat/Crobat, they look a lot like real bats, while Woobat/Swoobat look less like them.

Which have you found most useful?
    The Zubat line. Every game they have been in wild, I've raised one or two Zubat into a Crobat and used it for in-game battles. Crobat's Speed and attacks I give it really come in handy for major in-game battles.

I like them both, but I guess my choice is leaning on Swoobat.

Sure Crobat is more useful in battle, but I love Swoobat's design more and I prefer Psychic to Poison :3

Living the Pokemon life. Jenneta's Avatar

Zubat line. They are the most useful, better design, and Zubat has the better typing. :) Zubat and Golbat were annoying to run into in Platinum, I'll give you that, HOWEVER, Crobat just DESTROYED everybody. If it wasn't for my Crobat, Screch in Platinum, I never would have defeated Cynthia. The girl came through and gave one last shot to that Garchomp even when she was in the red. :)
    I haven't tried raising Woobat, though. They just look...ick, they don't appeal to me. Probably because their physic and I really think we don't need anymore physic types. -.- That's my opinion, though.
    But the Zubat line wins the title. :3
    3DS Friend Code is: 5215-0992-6785 Friend Safari is Combee, Beautifly, and Venomoth.
    Used to be Dark Type Princess~, now Jenneta and going to keep it that way. :)