Who's your favorite Rival? - Page 5

View Poll Results: Which rival do you like best?

Voters
313. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blue

134 42.81%
  • Silver

163 52.08%
  • Brendan/May

37 11.82%
  • Wally

35 11.18%
  • Barry

77 24.60%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Who's your favorite Rival?

Master of Hats and Ponies Lord Fedora's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Who's your favorite Rival?

Silver. His character had some bloody depth (Wally did too, just not nearly as much) and it was soooo much fun finding out from the internet that my Silver-is-Giovanni's-son theory was right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
    I've got 4 Smash Bros. tournaments I've gotta get to this summer, and I'll be damned if the apocalypse is going to stop me.
    Real life hit like a hurricane, hence the inactivity. Still dealing with it, but I'll be on more now.

Silver would be my favorite if his team was hard, I loved the depth he had. They even referenced him in FRLG which blew my mind because that convinced me that he was Giovanni's son.

GIMP noob

Get those Devil Horns up Magmortar123's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have a tough time decidinb between Barry and Silver. Barry is funny and always makes me laugh, but silver is just SO epic!
    My stats
    BMGF Mentor Program!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Springer
    Would you dance on a Czechoslovakian?
    I strongly support DaniHime (Me X Orihime)

Blog Entries

Blue and Silver, hands down.

Blue's motherfuckingoakness helped him be important in two whole generations and Silver's badassnes is reason enough to like him.

A lone detective takes it upon himself to solve the murder of a young woman, willingly diving into the dangerous web of conspiracies weaved by the feuding mafia families. But after the truth is uncovered, will that city of sin be the same ever again?

Silver.

He's simply one of my favorite characters in Pokémon and albeit not being challenging (anymore--I remember getting my ass kicked around by him when I played Silver for the first time), he's actually the only rival that makes me actually want to compete with him.
    Blue might be more challenging and even becomes champion (and I really like him, too), but whenever he popped up my only reaction was: "...! Blue! What are you even doing here?/ Would you shut up and get out of my way?/ Huh. Want to get beaten again, eh?"
    With Silver it was more: "You! What the hell are you doing here? Don't think I'm going to lose to you, of all people!"
    He was simply the rival I loved to hate and by now is the rival I love to love (and love to kick his ass every time we fight).

I like rival!Brendan, too (although I prefer him as the PC), and he had some really awesome douchey lines, when he wasn't being helpful (and sometimes even then).
    Rival!May, on the other hand... is okay, but not really a rival. She's simply far too nice for me to even start thinking of her as a rival.
    And Wally really needed some more screentime. I didn't even notice he's even meant to ha a rivalry with me before I met him in victory road. My first reaction to him, ehen he challenged me before Wattson's gym was "Dude, get out of my way, I want to get my next badge :l."

Barry... Barry made me want to bash his face in, but not in the"I hate you and we shall be rivals"-way, but in the "Oh, you annoying, little...!"-way. I've since come to like him, but I needed almost the whole game to warm up to him. And he might be one of the more challenging rivals, but winning against him wasn't something satisfying like it was with Silver, but simply... natural.
    (And I don't know about NPC!Lucas, since i never met him, but for some reason I found NPC!Dawn absolutely adorable and loved her from the first moment I met her.)

Quote Originally Posted by Gengar9 View Post
    The most annoying is Barry, he needs some ridalin.
    This.

My favorite rival is undoubtedly Silver. He's of actual IMPORTANCE in the story and quite involved with the main characterSOULSHIPPING 4EVA, and actually develops as well. Can't say the same for the others, except maybe Blue a little bit.

Silver or Blue. They were pretty cool.

Insanity is the one truth Senzura's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Silver ONLY BECAUSE OF THE CANCER CURING THEME

Other than that its Berry
    LordOfTheSmeargle likes this.

URPG StatslNational Park
    Im a ranger in that URPG thing. ask me to...range?

PM me if you have an idea for a signiture.

HARLEY!! 8D

... but from your list, it's Silver. (and even if it's just to keep from being stuck in the bandwagon, i'm gonna say that i do like Barry and Wally, too... but i think they're just a bit too... friendly... to be rivals. :/ )
    Echo, 2709-0912-0205

Currently seeking:
    Female Tentacool with the Liquid Ooze abillity and the Dream World attack Giga Drain
    Female Skorupi with the Sniper ability and the Dream World attack Aqua Tail
    Male Croagunk with the Anticipation ability and the Gen IV egg move Ice Punch

Please click! <3

My URPG Stats

Hmm... I'd have to say Silver. Blue may have been the most challenging rival, but Silver had the best backstory/plot importance.

Blog Entries
    Follow Ghost On Twitter

May, because she was the easiest to beat.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Robotnik View Post
    Silver and Blue. They actually both did something in the story - Blue became Champion, Silver had a character transformation, and is the son of Giovanni.

I also liked how both Blue and Silver were like antagonists, whereas the others were just nice the whole time.
    They're my favorites for the same reasons. Barry was just a little stressed and Brendan/May were just too nice. Wally wasn't an equal to begin with. You have to help him catch a Pokemon, whereas the others you usually have to catch up to.

Faithful Contestshipper.

I don\t know how anyone can say other wise, I always liked Silver since you can name him (like the first) and they did a great job with molding him into the story... Though i do have to say one thing, they could have made it so he becomes stronger as you do... I find it easy using my weakest pokemon (Typholsion lvl 84) owning him with his strongest pokemon (lvl 60 Alakazam if i am not mistaken in HG, SS)... thats the only complaint i have.

Silver all the way, for many reasons... First off he has importance to the story (unlike Blue no offense it seemed he was put in the game just for the sake of being a rival), second your rival would never give you things, when he wins he would rub it in (like Silver does) and say something like "i was holding back, thats why i lost."... in the last few games your rival is just way too friendly, May gives you stuff, and your rival in gen 4 well hes just kinda the type that seems to easy going to be a rival... Plus in my mind Silver's gen 2 battle music is the best track made in pokemon (in my opinion) i can never get bored of it lol...

Follow Daxdiv On Twitter

Three way tie over Blue, Silver, and Barry for me.

Blue- For being the jerk that tries to one up you at every turn, but fails at every corner, at least he learned his lesson at the end. Also has some nice Pokemon.

Silver- For being the first rival I loved to hate, and being the first rival to deviate from having a set cycle of water/grass/fire as well. That and he does have a good backstory.

Barry- For being the ever so lovable loser he is, being hilarious, trying to improve his methods, and having some of my favorite Pokemon on his team, like Staraptor, Heracross, Snorlax/Munchlax, Rapidash, Roserade, Floatzel, and the starters.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast