339. You may not vote on this poll
  • Venusaur

175 51.62%
  • Torterra

164 48.38%
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Venusaur vs Torterra

Default Re: Venusaur vs Torterra

I think one thing we can all agree on is, they're both ugly. Piplup is the cutest.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessMio View Post
    I think one thing we can all agree on is, they're both ugly. Piplup is the cutest.
    I dunno what you're talking about. Venusaur is adorable:
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

Quote Originally Posted by Grass Type Trainer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessMio View Post
    I dunno what you're talking about. Venusaur is adorable:
    Maybe with those eyes c:

Blog Entries

Torterra mainly because of the typing.

I pick Torterra, but barely, it does get STAB Earthquake, it also gets absolutely demolished by Ice types. Venusaur on the other hand just isn't as cool as Ivysaur or Bulbasaur to me for some reason.

Marukaite Chikyuu~ ShinySceptile1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I choose Torterra because I always thought Venusaur's eyes looked weirdly lazy. Also, the type combination is great, in my opinion. I also like Torterra because I like the Tortoise origination.
    Proud Claimer of Natalya Arlovskaya, Tino Väinämöinen, and Lukas Bondevik from Hetalia~! (= ヮ=)೨

Feeling of being watched 99unownoak's Avatar

I find Torterra too ugly and mean looking so Venusaur gets my vote for its pretty flower.

In terms of battle, it's hard to say, I havn't used a venusaur since playing a gen one game >10 years ago and I think torterra is just a little more versatile.

Blog Entries
    Follow Blue Dragon On Twitter
    Follow Blue Dragon on Tumblr

So, which one do you prefer?
    It was a very close almost annoyingly tough decision because I love them both, but Venusaur is the victor here.

Who is the most useful overall?
    Venusaur has very interesting strategies and tactics in competitive play. It's move-pool is also wider and more interesting than Torterra's. Wood Hammer though is amazing for Torterra I must say.

Who would win in a battle?
    Well it's difficult to say, as they sort of cancel each other out with neutral damage due to their types. Venusaur can cause some pretty nasty stings to Torterra though and could stall it to it's grave.

So, which one do you prefer?
    Venusaur
    Who is the most useful overall?
    Venusaur
    Torterra

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalzoe View Post
    Torterra
    Venusaur is faster and 2HKO's with Grass Knot.

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grass Type Trainer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalzoe View Post
    Torterra
    Venusaur is faster and 2HKO's with Grass Knot.
    Hell, a simple hp ice or hp fire(in the sun) makes torterra cry. And most Venusaur should and will ideally carry them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Which one do you prefer? Torterra

Which is more useful? Both

Which one would win in a battle? Probably Venusaur if it has Grass Knot but if not then Torterra with Curse.

I vote Torterra because It has a way better movepool than Venusaur, especially Wood Hammer. Venusaur's sp.attack stat is good but it's movepool is quite weak and that won't be useful. Torterra has stronger moves than Venusaur. Venusaur's attack stat is not good and most of it's moves are physical. It has Petal Dance which is a strong sp.attack but has a side effect. I guess Solar Beam is the only move which is useful. Venusaur can't even learn Leaf Storm which it can only learn by breeding. That's a disappointment. But Venusaur is far better than Torterra in speed. In typing I guess Venusaur. In my opinion Torterra looks better than Venusaur. Venusaur just looks ugly to me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFlare View Post
    Which one do you prefer? Torterra

Which is more useful? Both

Which one would win in a battle? Probably Venusaur if it has Grass Knot but if not then Torterra with Curse.

I vote Torterra because It has a way better movepool than Venusaur, especially Wood Hammer. Venusaur's sp.attack stat is good but it's movepool is quite weak and that won't be useful. Torterra has stronger moves than Venusaur. Venusaur's attack stat is not good and most of it's moves are physical. It has Petal Dance which is a strong sp.attack but has a side effect. I guess Solar Beam is the only move which is useful. Venusaur can't even learn Leaf Storm which it can only learn by breeding. That's a disappointment. But Venusaur is far better than Torterra in speed. In typing I guess Venusaur. In my opinion Torterra looks better than Venusaur. Venusaur just looks ugly to me.
    Sleep Powder, Energy Ball, Giga Drain, Growth, Sludge Bomb, Earthquake, Swords Dance, Power Whip. Who says Venusaur has a bad movepool? Hell, there's a Japanese event Bulbasaur with Weather Ball of all things.

And for the record, it doesn't matter the method, if Venusaur can learn Leaf Storm, and it can, then it is part of their movepool. So yes, Venusaur does have Leaf Storm, and it can use it better than Torterra ever will.

1. First of all nearly all the moves that you've mentioned aren't Venusaur's movepool. They are TMs that it's able to learn and you can't just point out a Japanese Bulbasaur event because it isn't compatible for other versions so it won't be fair for Torterra.

2. It isn't really considered to be an original movepool. More like a breeding movepool which is different because it cannot learn them itself.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFlare View Post
    1. First of all nearly all the moves that you've mentioned aren't Venusaur's movepool. They are TMs that it's able to learn and you can't just point out a Japanese Bulbasaur event because it isn't compatible for other versions so it won't be fair for Torterra.

2. It isn't really considered to be an original movepool. More like a breeding movepool which is different because it cannot learn them itself.
    What kind of logic is this? A pokemon's move pool isn't restricted to what they learn by level up. It encompasses every move that they learn, by TM, breeding, tutor, etc. I think you're the only person I've ever seen who considers a Pokemon's movepool to be restricted to level up only.

Starters of choice.
    Claimed Volcarona on 03/04/12.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast